Welcome Back...to Me

Comments

• JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited August 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Forgive me Jim, but I just got a chuckle out of myself when I read the statement below and pictured a fella wearing lipstick, assless leather chaps and nipple rings, stating with a lisp........

:p

Aren't all chaps assless??
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited August 2007
    Man, I don't know!?? I don't wear that ****.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited August 2007
    Welcome back.. (anybody else got that theme song in their head now?)..

Where are you going to school and what are you majoring in? You know, so we can quiz you,.. help you with your homework.. etc.?

Jason
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited August 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Forgive me Jim, but I just got a chuckle out of myself when I read the statement below and pictured a fella wearing lipstick, assless leather chaps and nipple rings, stating with a lisp........

:p

Not sure what's worse...you saying that or the fact you took the time to picture it !
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2007
    Jim, joke or not, it was in bad taste. This is a Public board owned by Polk. While my skin has gotten a lot tougher with this kind of thing, I remember when it was a lot worse.

Most of the guys have cleaned up thier acts for which I'm grateful & as a result the board has gotten better & a lot more welcoming for everyone.

George Grand is a family man with a teenage daughter, who might one day come on the board to have a look around. I doubt he wants her seeing this kind of crap.

I know for a fact that if he has other Polkies over his house he expects them to behave with dignity & respect towards his wife & daughter. If they don't there will be hell to pay!

It would be best if you saved this kind of humor for your local bar. It doesn't belong here.
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    I love all the mr sensitives around here
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited August 2007
    Once again, Mr. Brick opens mouth and inserts foot. :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Girl_Addicted
    Girl_Addicted Posts: 195
    edited August 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    Nice to see you can take a joke unlike most of the guys in this thread. If you dont have gear yet, just watch the FM and you'll be able to build something quickly

I have gear, I just don't have "new" gear.

I've had my current set-up for about 3-ish years. Maybe longer.
    Trey (5:22:24 AM): my Taylos have copper phase plugs
    Trey (5:22:26 AM): they shiney
    Destiney (5:22:39 AM): ahaha
    Destiney (5:22:57 AM): that gives wrong pictures of you lovingly caressing your taylos copper phase plugs
    Trey (5:23:25 AM): >_>
    Trey (5:23:27 AM): Mayyybe
    Trey (5:23:31 AM): I do dust them, does this count?
    Destiney (5:23:22 AM): do you linger?
    Trey (5:23:49 AM): not normally
    Destiney (5:23:35 AM): then its okaaaaay
  • Girl_Addicted
    edited August 2007
    jcaut wrote: »
    Welcome back.. (anybody else got that theme song in their head now?)..

Where are you going to school and what are you majoring in? You know, so we can quiz you,.. help you with your homework.. etc.?

Jason

Yes, I did get that theme song in my head. I almost posted the thread as "Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaaaack."

I'm going to school at the oldest women's college in the country, Salem College, in Winston-Salem, NC.

I plan on majoring in English and History.

After college, I'm going to go to law school. And then after that grad school to get my masters in Environmental Science (maybe). I'm thinking about going into Environmental Law.

Something kind of interesting, for this online e-commerce class I had last semester, I had to create my own business and build a website for it. I chose to do "environmentally friendly" pre-designed and custom guitar amps and I featured a few of Trey's speaker designs on the site. I thought it would be cool to be able to define the specs for your own amp at a reasonable price.
    Destiney (5:22:57 AM): that gives wrong pictures of you lovingly caressing your taylos copper phase plugs
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited August 2007
    Welcome back GA.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited August 2007
    Welcome back.......and those 2 other women who post here....well,the only reason they still do is because they can kick all of the mens asses up and down this forums alley all day.Have fun!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Girl_Addicted
    edited August 2007
    phuz wrote: »
    We're speaking from experience. It's happened before on this forum. Seems that a woman starts to hang around here and next thing you know every perverted insinuation starts to fall out of a few folks mouths.

It's better to stop it before it gets any worse. I'm sure she can handle things herself, but other women in the past haven't been so firm or understanding.

I'm more than capable of taking the insinuations. But before anyone makes them, you should know that I'm 18 and probably waaaay too young for most of the men (or boys) on this forum.

And also know, that I'm not always kind in how I reply to such insinuations. I can take it, but it gets a little frustrating after awhile.

And I like to socialize on the basis of other things beside the fact that I happen to have ****.

I do like the fact that all of you protested JimBrick's comment. It didn't bother me in the least, really. But it's nice that you all want to create a warm atmosphere for both genders. This is a market that usually interests the male audience and only a small portion of the female one, after all.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited August 2007
    Welcome back
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited August 2007
    Welcome back! Try to stick around this time. This is my second time around also. Finding it much better this time and learning more. Also a little lighter in the old wallet.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited August 2007
    Welcome back Girl Addicted, I want to say I remember seeing you around the board a couple of times but I'm not positive. So once again, welcome back and try to stick around for a bit this time.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2007
    Feel free to chime in anytime Jimbo.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited August 2007
    I'm more than capable of taking the insinuations. But before anyone makes them, you should know that I'm 18 and probably waaaay too young for most of the men (or boys) on this forum.
    18 WOW. I have clothes that are older than you:p

Bully for you, its nice to see younger people into audio.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited August 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Jim, joke or not, it was in bad taste. This is a Public board owned by Polk. While my skin has gotten a lot tougher with this kind of thing, I remember when it was a lot worse.

Most of the guys have cleaned up thier acts for which I'm grateful & as a result the board has gotten better & a lot more welcoming for everyone.

George Grand is a family man with a teenage daughter, who might one day come on the board to have a look around. I doubt he wants her seeing this kind of crap.

I know for a fact that if he has other Polkies over his house he expects them to behave with dignity & respect towards his wife & daughter. If they don't there will be hell to pay!

It would be best if you saved this kind of humor for your local bar. It doesn't belong here.

Unfortunately audio is mostly a men's club but most (Most not all) of the guys here are respectful most of the time.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited August 2007
    Unfortunately audio is mostly a men's club but most (Most not all) of the guys here are respectful most of the time.

We all have our less than stellar moments....It is how we react to them being called out that truly defines our character....Some of us are a little wiser than others when it comes down to it, and we know when to apologize...Single or not....:p (I didn't want to make it seem that I was saying that married guys are the only wise ones here....:D )
  • tonyb
    edited August 2007
    So as I see it.........we have,

Cathy
    Darla
    Girl

"THE CHARMED ONES":D

Oh...for the record,I am not implying you are all witches.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited August 2007
    tonyb wrote: »

Cathy
    Darla
    Girl

hahahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!Engage the ROFLCOPTER!!!!hahahahaha!
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited August 2007
    I used to frequent this forum a few years ago and I guess I just stopped...

Well, here I am again.

that reminds me of "Everywhere I go, there I am!"

Is that one of Yogi Berra's yogiisms?
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited August 2007

It might be a "Firesign Theater"-ism.

GA, if you go into Environmental Law, perhaps you can do something about Global Warming ?
    Al Gore can only do so much.

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited August 2007

And also know, that I'm not always kind in how I reply to such insinuations. I can take it, but it gets a little frustrating after awhile.

And I like to socialize on the basis of other things beside the fact that I happen to have ****.

I do like the fact that all of you protested JimBrick's comment. It didn't bother me in the least, really. But it's nice that you all want to create a warm atmosphere for both genders. This is a market that usually interests the male audience and only a small portion of the female one, after all.

thanks for noticing but I love audio and love a good joke even more and it looks like I'll get a got ribbing from you. I realy will enjoy having a smart female around, you'll be in good company with Wingnut
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • Girl_Addicted
    edited August 2007
    tonyb wrote: »

Cathy
    Darla
    Girl

Oh...for the record,I am not implying you are all witches.

My name is Destiney, by the way. I think it might get a bit off-putting to be called "Hey, you, GIrl."

And that's the second time on this board today some kind of implication about witchcraft has been made about me. What is up with that?
  • Girl_Addicted
    edited August 2007

It might be a "Firesign Theater"-ism.

GA, if you go into Environmental Law, perhaps you can do something about Global Warming ?
    Al Gore can only do so much.

;)

I think I'll let Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio handle global warming. There are other issues, like THE FREAKING POLAR BEARS. The poor things have been forsaken by the Bush administration.

Even if Bush hadn't screwed the country over in every way possible, he would still be on my bad side for raping the wilds of Alaska and ignoring the plight of the polar bear.

Maybe I should do a documentary---The Plight of the Polar Bear: How Dubya Took Us Off the List.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited August 2007
    There's no sign of a full moon. Maybe witchcraft is a fantasy thing with some folks. Welcome back to the funny farm.
  • tonyb
    edited August 2007

I think I'll let Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio handle global warming. There are other issues, like THE FREAKING POLAR BEARS. The poor things have been forsaken by the Bush administration.

Even if Bush hadn't screwed the country over in every way possible, he would still be on my bad side for raping the wilds of Alaska and ignoring the plight of the polar bear.

Maybe I should do a documentary---The Plight of the Polar Bear: How Dubya Took Us Off the List.

" SIGH "

Obviously your " addicted " to something else.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2007
    If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the call for some of you guys to start calling Destiney some disparaging names? You know, simply because she has an opposing view.

Destiney, there's a reason that politics shouldn't be discussed on this forum.
  • tonyb
    edited August 2007
    Yes George,you are mistaken.I,and hopefully others would not engage in name calling with an 18 yr old.Destiney can spout off all she wants,but you have to expect some dialog back.And yes,Destiney,George is right about political statements,seems to start wars around here.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited August 2007
    Hey Destiney,Welcome back...Do your very best these next few years...the rest of your life depends upon it.