13»

Comments

• MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited August 2007
    Do your research, there is something called Post Cycle Therapy(PCT) that prevents that.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited August 2007
    eh, he's a millionaire packing a set of peanuts.....who gives a ****?

:D That too!!!
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited August 2007
    And on the whole I really would rather pay to see real gorillas play.

Until then, ice hockey comes remarkably close.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited August 2007
    eh, he's a millionaire packing a set of peanuts.....who gives a ****?

That would prove it all! I demand a shot of hit nards to prove use!!!

Err wait... let me think abiut that again...
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited August 2007
    Silverti, that hurt just "thinking" about it!:eek:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2007
    Because the athletes who are "juicing" are really not fooling anyone about what they are doing. Furthermore, in the grand scheme of things, whether or not a MLB athlete is using steroids or not is not important. They are just entertainers...no more no less. Obviously, the fans are not staying away in droves because of this "cheating". I would not be a bit surprised if MLB athletes are not taking steroids with the under-the-table "encouragement" of club management and owners. Juicing=enhanced performance=more thrills for the PAYING spectators=more $$$$.

You misunderstood my comment. I offered no "solution" as you put it. I mearly stated that I understood the motivation for some players to use steroids if they want to be competitive. The real solution is for MLB management and owners to "crack down" and prohibit and penalize steroid and other illegal performance enhancing drug use. However, I know that that will never happen because, as I said before, Juicing=enhanced performance=more thrills for the PAYING spectators=more $$$$.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the steroid enhanced "show".

I would agree with you if the behavior didn't make it's way to the collegiate and high school levels, which it does. In the end, the player makes the choice, but I still believe the already illegal behavior should be discouraged.

Baseball was popular before the home run craze, and it can be popular after it. The game is more than big bats, and there was plenty of it prior to the juice (and after it, now...).
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited August 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    If having a conscience makes me 10, I'm happy to be.

+1 Demiurge!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited August 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I'm not saying it's right, just saying the idea that cheaters don't prosper is silly. They're not good people, but they certainly prosper. Otherwise, they wouldn't cheat.

Depends on how you define "prosper." Bonds might have piles of dough, but he's got to live w/himself & the kind of man that he truly is. I don't call that "prospering." I don't have his dough, but I can live w/the kind of man I am. Some might consider me bats, but I'd much rather live in my shoes than his.
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2007
    Depends on how you define "prosper." Bonds might have piles of dough, but he's got to live w/himself & the kind of man that he truly is. I don't call that "prospering." I don't have his dough, but I can live w/the kind of man I am. Some might consider me bats, but I'd much rather live in my shoes than his.

That's how I take the phrase.

All the money in the world can't cure guilt.
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2007
    Seven Fiddy Six
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2007
    Hammerin' Hank is a class-act. Period.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    This thread was getting jealous of 756.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2007
    This thread was getting jealous of 756.

6 was jealous of 7, because 7 8 9.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    Damn Demi...
    Yous be on a roll.