OFFICIAL install update thread!!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So here's what it looks like wrapped. You cant really tell the imperfections in the picture, hell, you cant really tell much in the truck at all, but I know they're there...lol.

I still havent glued the vinyl down in the back. I was originally going to use super glue for all of it, then realized I'd have to go buy more super glue, so I'm just going to wait and use the shop's contact cement tomorrow...haha.

37973357.jpg

So I was hoping to get everything installed by this coming weekend, looks like I might actually be ahead of schedule and get it installed Thursday.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited April 2010
    Options
    exalted512 wrote: »
    So here's what it looks like wrapped. You cant really tell the imperfections in the picture, hell, you cant really tell much in the truck at all, but I know they're there...lol.
    -Cody

I know exactly what you mean. That's how I feel about the damn sound in the car. I just hate the days when all i hear are the defects. I'm prolly hearing better on those days. ;)
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Looks quite nice!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • exalted512
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Good news and bad news today.

Good new is, I now have a complete front stage again
    1ae692c5.jpg

Bad news is, I thought that the last time I caught my amp putting out DC voltage, I had stopped it in time so it didnt blow the speaker. I was wrong :(

I can hear the voicecoil scratching, worse on some songs than others and its barely there, but it bothers the crap out of me. I have an old RF Power 550S in there from when I had it in my old truck on one of my old MOMO subs. Thats whats powering my midbasses for right now.

I bought a used pair of these midbasses the last time my T8002 blew because they dont make the midbasses i have anymore. But the other one I have, the tinsel leads are kind of messed up, but nothing I cant fix...but I hate that I have to fix a speaker and put it in my truck.

I'm going to leave the messed up one in there for at least a week to make 100% sure it was the amp that caused it. I dont want to put my last good one in there and have it blow because I missed something that was wrong with the wiring or something.

Im going to redo somethings with my battery rack then throw my subs in there for a while. I plan on getting new subs within a couple months if everything goes right. I need something that handles a little more power.
    -Cody
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow. That's pretty sad. :( Hopefully the issue is taken care of with getting the amp fixed.

I just can't even imagine having a stereo that elaborate. :(
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ... if you get sick of vinyl, you can always crinkle paint 'em. But the vinyl does look sweet... very 'factory structure' meets 'totally-un-factory sound'.

I like it.

Here's how long since I've shopped for speakers.... What are those? I don't recognize the grilles.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • exalted512
    edited May 2010
    Options
    same speakers I've had for the last 5 years :)

DLS Iridiums.

on a side note: cant find my freakin motorcycle alarm key pad...wonderful...
    -Cody