Ny, Nj, Pa, Md, & De; Calling All Curs!!!

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Well here is Moose messing with another moose!
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    One thing more before we turn in. . . Thanks Ant for lending me the VTL preamp. . . I can't wait till tomorrow to get it up and running!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Lasareath wrote: »
    I need to confess, joe pulled me to the side and told me that the reason everything sounded so awesome is that he bought this stuffed duck from this site http://www.machinadynamica.com/ and it has made his bass tighter, made everything sound so mellow, no screaming highs, Damn! I gotta get one of these ducks!

No, NO! You have it all wrong. . .Phil and I discovered that if we place our new invention, THE DUCK on top of any speaker system it improves bass response down into the single digit hz. It also causes a smoothing out of the high frequencies ruined by **** old and worn out Mexican capacitors and resistors in an old fashioned crossover. By this action alone the inner detail and subtle nuances of the music come to life and really get your mojo up!

Dont' wait, pre-order your new, "THE DUCK" and be the first on your block to experience this technological wonder!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    One thing more before we turn in. . . Thanks Ant for lending me the VTL preamp. . . I can't wait till tomorrow to get it up and running!!!

How could I forget??? Sal brought me a birthday present. A spare passive radiator for my 1.2 TLs. . . Thanks again Sal.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited July 2007
    I'm sorry I couldn't make it today, looks like a good time was had by all.

Eff the Duck. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    Ok some more thoughts now that im awake. First off thanks to Joe and Phyllisann for being great hosts. Even though my acid reflux was killing me I still ate well. Joe's vinyl rig is a setup I hope to achieve someday.

I could not ask for a nicer group of people to hang out with all day. The banter between Joe and Phil on the vinyl vs Cd debate was priceless to listen to. Anthony it was good seeing you again bud and Sal and Mike it was great to meet you.

I am planning to come on the 21st as well and hopefully it will be as fun as yesterday was.

Another banner polkie gathering.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,030
    edited July 2007
    Looks like a great time guys, this is what it's all about. Now eff your ugly mugs and let's see some pics of the gear!!!:p

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2007
    Man that's quite a load of Garbanza in those Hog-Heads............

RT1
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited July 2007
    pics from my cell, sorry for the darkness.

Pic one is Sal (Laseraeth) pilling some kind of shenanigans with a camera and the SDA's. I wasnt askin :D

pic 2, the gear....nice

pic 3, Phil and Joe in a heated discussion re: analog vs digital. I was hoping to parlay it into a boxing or sort of mixed martial arts match where they would have to defend the honor of the source format of their choice, but they wouldnt bite.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited July 2007
    Looks like you guys had a lot of fun; I wish I lived closer...I would have been there (and stolen the duck).

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    pics from my cell, sorry for the darkness.

Pic one is Sal (Laseraeth) pilling some kind of shenanigans with a camera and the SDA's. I wasnt askin :D

pic 2, the gear....nice

pic 3, Phil and Joe in a heated discussion re: analog vs digital. I was hoping to parlay it into a boxing or sort of mixed martial arts match where they would have to defend the honor of the source format of their choice, but they wouldnt bite.

Pic 1 . . .More of Sal doing, who knows what? He as a sexual fetish with SDAs

Profile of the gear.

Phil after loosing the debate on analog vs. digital. . . the look on his face portrays the man thinking how he's going to acquire the funds to fully migrate over to vinyl.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited July 2007
    Glad everyone had a great time!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    We had some weird stuff going on here, more pics.

Phyllisann looking to handle Antny's sausage!:eek:

The problem.

Antny defending my honor!:rolleyes:
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Takin turns in the sweet spot.

As you can see Dave's not too happy about not being in it.:eek:
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Evidence that Phil loves analog! He's soaking it in.:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Antny heading back to the kitchen from the grill.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2007
    Congrats on the great day together! Kudos to Joe for hosting the event! The pictures look great!

If there was a Barbershop pole next to the couch, you guys would look exactly like the men my mother warned me about when I was a child.:eek:

Great fun! I'm glad for your good times.:)
    Carl

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    Just FYI, his name is ANTHONY. He will respond to 'Mulford', 'Firebug', 'Shitbird', '****', and a few others.
    Glad you guys had fun, its nice to get together with friends over a common interest.

That being said, do we REALLY need frames 1 second apart of Anthony walking in a door?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited July 2007
    In Jersey speak, it's Antny.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    No, in Jersey speak it's 'alito puzzolente'.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited July 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Just FYI, his name is ANTHONY. He will respond to 'Mulford', 'Firebug', 'Shitbird', '****', and a few others.
    Glad you guys had fun, its nice to get together with friends over a common interest.

That being said, do we REALLY need frames 1 second apart of Anthony walking in a door?

Cheers,
    Russ

I would add 'Sausage King', but thats too many syllables..... and **** undertones:p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    I guess I shouldn't post the pics of Antny coming out of the bathroom.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,979
    edited July 2007
    Great pictures from a great day. I gotta say I look damn good. After our session on Saturday you convinced me..I just ordered my TT. A Basis Audio 2800 Signature TT & Basis Vector Tonearm. Boy oh boy am I psyched!! LOL :p
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Great pictures from a great day. I gotta say I look damn good. After our session on Saturday you convinced me..I just ordered my TT. A Basis Audio 2800 Signature TT & Basis Vector Tonearm. Boy oh boy am I psyched!! LOL :p

Ah that's only a $65,000 table, you can do better than that!!! Get your famous 30 day money backs on it!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    I think that is a great entry level table for phil.:D :p
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Later on, I have stuff to do.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,979
    edited July 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    I think that is a great entry level table for phil.:D :p

I'm already thinking about upgrading the tone arm. I need to really get inside the music, not just hear it. I figure I'll be happy with one in the 5k range, you know what this vinyl stuff does to you!!! I figure for every thousand you spend on upgrades it might just get you one less snap, crackle, pop or hiss!! LOL!! For a really black background I figure I'll have to remortgage the house. But of so worth it!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Joe,

Can you make a list of the albums we listened to?

I was talking to a friend and my uncle about your setup and I couldn't remember ****.

Thanks!

Sal this is what I can remember. You played a CD, I don't remember what it was called. If anyone else has a memory cell fire please insert it.

LPs

Beatles, "Love"

Dire Straits, "Brothers in Arms"

Telarc, "Op. 24. Capriccio Italien;" side 2 1812 Overture.

Supertramp, "Crime of the Century"

Jazz at the Pawnshop

The Doobie Brothers, "Takin it to the Street"

The Police, "Ghost in the Machine"

Neil Young's, "Greatest Hits"

SACDs

Pink Floyd, " Dark Side of the Moon"