Ny, Nj, Pa, Md, & De; Calling All Curs!!!

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    This is the list of folks who have commited to coming this Sunday;

Fireman32

Ohskigod

Lasareath

Pearsall001

LibertyC

amulford

MSALLA

jdhdiggs

If I've left out anyone please let me know ASAP. Any of you other folks who might be coming please let me know before tonight is out. . . we are working on how much food is going to be needed.

BTW my wife is making a pot of gravy & meatballs and Antny is making his sauseeeech & peppers!!! Sal is bringing dessert! Phil I'm calling you now!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Phil's bringing the rolls and provolone.
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Why is it so hard to keep this thread in the new post lists?
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2007
    Looks like one hell of a good time! Turn up the air conditioning, it's going to be hot on Sunday!
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Looks like one hell of a good time! Turn up the air conditioning, it's going to be hot on Sunday!

Damn that's not good, my central air is noisy as hell and brings the voltage to my rig down to 116 VAC.:( I'll have to cycle it off and on when we are listening to music.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,979
    edited July 2007
    Phil's bringing the rolls and provolone.

Sharp provolone is bought (man that **** stinks). Rolls are ordered for pickup Sunday morning. Right out of the oven.

Dave, Lou & Sal are swinging by my place first for a mini-tune up, then we're on the road to your place. It'll be a blast!!! :D
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Sharp provolone is bought (man that **** stinks).

Dirty feet!!!:eek:
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,979
    edited July 2007
    Dirty feet!!!:eek:

Bingo!!! :confused:
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2007
    Meat balls, sausage, peppers, sharp provolone . . . man I'd hate to follow any of you into a bathroom on Monday. PEWWWWWW!!!:D
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Last Call for July 8th!!! Midnight is the deadline!
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Meat balls, sausage, peppers, sharp provolone . . . man I'd hate to follow any of you into a bathroom on Monday. PEWWWWWW!!!:D

There is also lots of garlic in the gravy and meatballs. . . Monday morning gas is going to be lethal.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited July 2007
    Joe,

Suz and I are still trying to work it out for tomorrow, what time are the festivities starting? Right now I'd give us a 60% shot of making it. Suz might have to work tomorrow which would axe all plans.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    You don't have to work, you could still go without her, no?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited July 2007
    Only 1 car right now...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Joe,

Suz and I are still trying to work it out for tomorrow, what time are the festivities starting? Right now I'd give us a 60% shot of making it. Suz might have to work tomorrow which would axe all plans.

James, about noonish, I would say the crew should start piling in. Get here when you can, if you can. If you can't this go round we are at it again on the 21st which is a Saturday.

Just let me know whether you are coming or not when you find out for sure.

Joe
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    Man I cant wait....Lou and i will be leaving in a little over an hour to head down to Phil's.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,647
    edited July 2007
    Everyone have a safe and enjoyable time. Can't wait to hear everyone's comments.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Lasareath wrote: »
    And if you guys are just coming down to meet me, then don't worry I will be here on the 21st as well ;)

sal4.jpg

Sal

If this is the most recent picture of you:eek: :eek: :eek: I have three young children here and my mother-in-law; maybe you better two bag it!!!:D :p
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,647
    edited July 2007
    Well guys how did it go. Does everyone have a turntable now? LOL
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2007
    I don't have one yet, but I can honestly say I will be getting a nice analog rig in the future.

You have to hear his set up to believe it. The dynamics and smoothness. Ah ****, it's just emotional. Pure and simple.

I wanna hear what he's got to say about putting some tubes into the mix. He has the capability now...

Damn what a good day. It is so good to see you freaks again...
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    Just got home after a 3 hour drive through a crapload of traffic. But other than that and my acid refulx kicking my **** it was a great day. Lou and I drove down to Phil's and and met up with Sal and had a listening session for about an hour and then hit the road and went to Joes. What an awsome time it was. Joe's system is sounding kick ****. Anthony showed up with the sausage and anlong with the meatballs and sausage that phyliss made we ate like kings. Joe, Phil and Anthony is was great seeing you guys again and Sal it was great meeting you bud. Oh yea is was good meeting you to Mike. I will post more later but I need to go to bed.
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    WOW!!! The day started off with Dave (Fireman32), Lou (Ohskigod), & Sal (Lasareath) dropping by my place for a short visit to hear a few tunes on my system before heading to Joe's. Anty (Amulford) was making a sausage run and came a bit later. I must say Joe's wife Phyllisann is such a gracious host & an angel to put up with the likes of us. Her meatballs & sausage along with Anty's sausage's were just simply out of this world. The desserts weren't too bad either. Actually they were damn good.

Joe is just so proud of his rig & I must say rightfully so. Listening to vinyl most of the day was a very enlightening experience, especially from a CD guy like myself. I have to say I was very impressed with the way Joe's vinyl sounded. Enough to make a convert out of me...well that's a story for another day. Hmmmmm...maybe, you just never know.

It was really nice that Michael (MSALLA) & his wife stopped by for a short visit also. The time just flew by & before you knew it, it was after 10:00. Time to head on home. It trully was a great day spent with fabulous people that I have met thru the Polk forum. I can't wait to meet more of you. By far the best forum in audio!!!!

I pulled this from Phil's thread. . .
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited July 2007
    the long drive was a ****, but it was worth it. just a cool day with a bunch of cool polkies. Arrived at Phil's first (Pearsall) for some fun with the ADS. met Phil, Lazarus (Sal, aka redwood, aka Clydesdale......I'll explain later) and the largest f*cking rottwieller I ever laid eyes on. 150 lbs of fuzzy loving pooch though, Phil's other dog was cool too.

Phil's ADS's looked, well small and cute, but DAMN they sounded big. Made the detour to Phil's worth the effort. Definitely shot to the top of the coolest bookies I ever laid ears on.

Then on our way to Joe's, thats when I saw the 6'5" tree that is Sal get into a Hyundai Elantra. I swear you could hear that car cry, and this from a guy wedging his fat **** into a Volvo S40 :D

anyhoo

Over to Joe's for tunes and food. First there was kick @ss meatballs and sausage from the lovely Phyllisann, then Anthony arrived to cook.....well....more sausage. When it comes to sausage, Anthony has a gift (yes...that sentence sounds wrong, and I am secure enough in my manhood to admit it, but I digress). I'll give the sausage edge, barely, to Anthony, but Phyllisann's sauce was kick ****, this coming from an Italian who has tasted great sauce. It should be noted that Anthony cribbed her Sauce to make his sausage and peppers, for good reason :)

MSalla (mike) then arrived for like 5 minutes, enough time for us to meet him, watch him drop off his offering to the vinyl gods (100 records gift to Joe), also meet his wife (who one of us, I wont say who, thought was his daughter LOL)

Sal brought what seemed to be 20" Apple pie, that frikken thing didnt have a chance. Me and Joe housed what seemed to be over half, the most of the rest seemed to be gone.

I'll concur with the rest of the gang, Joe's rig, especially the vinyl, sounds TIGHT!!!! Significant improvement over the last time I was there. What I considered to be a mild to moderate brightness last time disappeared this time around.

a bunch of us took pics, I'm sure they'll surface over the next 24 hours.

long story short, great time + great people = what you expect from a Polk gathering.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Well it's 11:55 and Antny just left.

It was great!!! Phyllisann made the meatballs and sausage in gravy, Antny made sauseeech and peppers, Phil the Italian rolls and foot cheese, and Sal brought this huge apple pie and just as big a strawberry cheese cake and I can't see my feet!!! This is was such a fun day, eating, BSing everything audio, listening to all kinds of music and just enjoying good friends.

MSALLA (Mike) stopped over with his lovely wife Bernadette just to drop off a couple of hundred LPs!!! He drove all the way here to Newark from Drexel Hill just to drop off the records!!! I had to twist his arm for he and B. to sit and have something to eat and BS a little.

My mother in-law Joey, and my nephews were on hand to enjoy the festivities. . . as well as Moose!

Man I can wait till the rest of you Polkies in this area decide to come on over. . . July 21st is the next get together so start the planning!

Pictures speak 1000 words and right now I'm beat so I'm just gonna post some pics for now.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited July 2007
    thanks to Phil and his wife, then Joe and Phyllisann for being great hosts!!! :D:D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Here is the beautiful and sexy Phillisann the ever lovely Bernadette!!!

My beautiful mother-in-law and the rug rats!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    The beautiful & sexy Phyllisann and Antny calmly discussing whose the boss the in the kitchen!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Nice Pics Joe!, Thanks to you and your wife for such a great time!, I really enjoyed myself!

And your system sounded really good, Tomorrow @ 9am I'm cranking mine up and I'm going to try and figure out if I like my bright original crossovers more then your newly updated super mellow, super fine sounding ones.

I will let you know what I think.

Sal

Don't be a cheap skate you big galute!!! just give in and buy the parts!!!:D

I'm still all charged up from the day, I really really enjoyed myself! Thanks all you guys for making my day. . . BTW I really love my wife!!!