Ny, Nj, Pa, Md, & De; Calling All Curs!!!

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    Yep I think maybe we should have some really good eats!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited June 2007
    a repeat of that prime rib when i was there last time wouldnt go down bad at all. I trust your judgement, I'm just throwin ideas out there :)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    Oh hell yeah, if we're eating like that I'm coming even if I have to ride a bike!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2007
    the man can cook meat. I scarfed it like a lunatic. the a jus brought a tear to my eye
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Ive had Joes, Phil's and Antny's cooking all superb. Will not leave hungry if they cook thats for sure.
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2007
    ah yes, Antny's sauseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeege!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited June 2007
    Lasareath wrote: »
    I'm Thinking July 15th, I live in Jersey City NJ, if anybody's coming from NY or CT then come to my house and we'll go in my car. I have a GPS so we will be good!

i have a buddy who lives a couple minutes from the newport mall. i live in manhattan though because im cool - rent has made me poor but im still cool.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited June 2007
    Anybody who's going want some amps?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited June 2007
    Joe,

I apologize, but I'm probably going to miss all the dates. I'm traveling a lot this month and I just don't have a lot of time to spare. I promise to visit you before the snow flies. After all, you're only about 260 miles across the state of PA and down into Dover. Probably about a 4 1/2 - 5 hour trip depending on construction and traffic.

I want to hear that vinyl rig of yours. Good luck on you Summer mini Polk Fests!
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Joe,

I apologize, but I'm probably going to miss all the dates. I'm traveling a lot this month and I just don't have a lot of time to spare. I promise to visit you before the snow flies. After all, you're only about 260 miles across the state of PA and down into Dover. Probably about a 4 1/2 - 5 hour trip depending on construction and traffic.

I want to hear that vinyl rig of yours. Good luck on you Summer mini Polk Fests!

Good deal Carl but you keep thinking I am in Dover which is about an hour south of me. So knock that hour off your ETA!!! You know you are welcome here anytime. . . perhaps when things settle down with Richie, you both could make a weekend of it.
  • schwarcw
    edited June 2007
    I don't know why I think you're in Dover. I need to take my Alzheimer's meds.:D

Carl
    Carl

• tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited June 2007
    I've been to newark once. A few of my buddies went to the University of Delaware. Good times...It took me about 5+ hours to get there, but I went through Baltimore, so it was a longer way.

I don't think I would be heading down either, between summer classes and work, I have no time to do anything.:( I hardly have anytime to go to carl's place and he lives about 30 minutes away. But I promise Carl, soon;)
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited June 2007
    Damn

I really wish I could make the trip to meet some more polkies. Not much free time these days including the weekends.

Mike
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • Fireman32
    edited June 2007
    Man I can't wait for this. Lou and I are most likely comming on the 8th as well.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2007
    Somebody be sure to let me know, please. I can pick up some sauseege if you want...
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    The July 15th date is out!!!!

I'm regret to inform you that the July 15th date is not possible. There was a miscommunication. My wife informed me that we are leaving on a short vacation to Tennessee July 15th to July 19th. I think she said Tennessee, I better start listening a little better or I'm going to get my butt kicked again.:o

Sorry for the mix up guys.

July 8th and July 21st are still open. Please let me know which of these you will be coming. Again if you wish to attend both I am happy to have you.

Again I apologize.

Joe:o :o:o
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    Sorry to hear that bro. Well I will make sure that I drag Lou with me on the 8th as that is open for me. The 21st looks good as well.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,979
    edited July 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that bro. Well I will make sure that I drag Lou with me on the 8th as that is open for me. The 21st looks good as well.

Dave,

The 8th is looking good for me to. Maybe you & Lou want to swing by my place for a mini-tune up & then we can head on down to Joe's. It'll be a blast!!! ;)
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    Dave,

The 8th is looking good for me to. Maybe you & Lou want to swing by my place for a mini-tune up & then we can head on down to Joe's. It'll be a blast!!! ;)

Phil,

Sounds good brother. I'm sure Lou would love to hear your system. I will talk to you later in the week and we can firm up plans.
  • pearsall001
    edited July 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Phil,

Sounds good brother. I'm sure Lou would love to hear your system. I will talk to you later in the week and we can firm up plans.

Sounds like a plan!!! :D I'll be bringing my Ultra DAC to Joe's for a comparison. Should be fun.

Cheers,
    Phil
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • schwarcw
    edited July 2007
    I'm regret to inform you that the July 15th date is not possible. There was a miscommunication. My wife informed me that we are leaving on a short vacation to Tennessee July 15th to July 19th. I think she said Tennessee, I better start listening a little better or I'm going to get my butt kicked again.:o

Sorry for the mix up guys.

Not to worry Joe! Most of us here **** up a lot!
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Okay folks, I need a head count for the Sunday July 8th. I'll send PMs out in blocks of five screen names.

Please use email through the forum to contact me, NOT PMs.

You can post here too!

Thanks, Joe
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    Sorry Joe I sent a PM to you. It's 6:30am and i was not awake enough. Count me in bro.
  • pearsall001
    edited July 2007
    Hey Joe,

I'm in brother. I'm going to get in touch with Dave to see if him & Lou are gonna swing by my place first & then shoot on down to you. Then I can give you a time. Don't be bashful & let me know what I can bring.

Phil
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited July 2007
    I don't see myself being able to make it on that date.
    You guys have a blast.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    I have three definites.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited July 2007
    and one probable...
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    and one probable...

I'm emailing you my address.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited July 2007
    I won't be able to make it for the 8th. Perhaps on the 21st?
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    ESAVINON wrote: »
    I won't be able to make it for the 8th. Perhaps on the 21st?

Okay Ed thanks. We'll hook up then.