Ny, Nj, Pa, Md, & De; Calling All Curs!!!

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
I have three dates this month that I can open my home to the "Five Staters." That's as good a name as any for us, no?

Sunday July 8th, Mike (Msalla) might be coming down. Even if he can't, the house is open;

Sunday July 15th, the house is open; and,

Saturday July 21th, the house is open.

Here is the list of folks that I am aware of that we've discussed coming on down or over!

ESAVINON

Lasareath

Fireman32

Ohskigod

Pearsall001

Amulford

LibertyC

F1Nut

MillerLiteScott

Strider

MSALLA

Ben62670

If I missed you please don't be shy and add your name to the list. I speak to so many Polkies that I've lost track of who's in our area. Pick a date, any of the three are good. If you can't make one date pick another. It doesn't matter to me if one guy can show up one date and 5 guys another and two on another. It's all open.

Mike, Msalla is going to let me know if he can make it Sunday July 8th. Ben is going to be in Connecticut from July 8th to July 17th. IF you North Jersey and NY guys can hook up with him and bring him along that would be great. If Mike is going to come the 8th, then maybe he can hook up with Billy, Phil or Anty.

Let's get this ball rolling. Hopefully I'll have my new BBQ here in time for a good cook out!.

I'm sending PMs and emails to you all.

Again if I missed you I apologize:o :p , please don't be shy and let me know.:)

Joe
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    You had to mention food. These people down here can't cook to save their lives. You had to mention food. Did I just say that again. It's like putting M&Ms at the checkout counter. They don't stand a chance!
    The 15th works best for me.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited June 2007
    I could maybe make it on the 21st. Nothing concrete, though. I have relatives a little south of philly... could go down to there Friday night, come over saturday, go back to there saturday night, and back home on Sunday.

I'll let you know for sure when I know for sure that I know for sure.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    nadams wrote: »
    I could maybe make it on the 21st. Nothing concrete, though. I have relatives a little south of philly... could go down to there Friday night, come over saturday, go back to there saturday night, and back home on Sunday.

I'll let you know for sure when I know for sure that I know for sure.

Good deal! Thanks for not being shy.:)
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited June 2007
    I'll see if i can go with sal on july 15th.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan. So far it's Ed & Ben coming with me.

I hope!
    I really want to make this trip!
    I really want so bad to compare my copy cat SDA's to some real ones!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited June 2007
    July 15th sounds good to me.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Im thinking the 15th is good for me. Ben you are more than welcome to meet me and ride down with me. Hope you can make it. Have we forgot George Grand?
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2007
    I'm in for the 15th...
  • Fireman32
    edited June 2007
    This is gearing up to be a great time. Im sure Lou will chime in on this but he will be in Aruba during that time. Taking a vacation during a polkie getogether what nerve:eek: :p . Just kidding bud.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    Is there anyplace around there that I could drop the wife for the day? If so, I'd definately be in for any of those days, otherwise the 21st works best.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited June 2007
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgh!

dude, 15th, gonna be leaving for Aruba, so the 15th and 21st are out. perhaps the 8th though, I really want to get ears on your rig since the many changes you made.

might bring the Jolida to hear how it sounds alone, and with your timbre dac if your cool with it. I'm using the Jolida with a CAL Sigma dac with surprising results.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Im thinking the 15th is good for me. Ben you are more than welcome to meet me and ride down with me. Hope you can make it. Have we forgot George Grand?

I'll check with George.
  • Fireman32
    edited June 2007
    Too bad. I'm pumped up about this. I know its early yet but let me know if you need food or drink or anything else.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Bring one bring all, humans; bring one bring all , equipement! I'd prefer however that the participants be Polk Audio Forum members.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Too bad. I'm pumped up about this. I know its early yet but let me know if you need food or drink or anything else.

Dave hopefully your arm board will be here by then from VPI .
  • Fireman32
    edited June 2007
    Now that would be nice.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Is there anyplace around there that I could drop the wife for the day? If so, I'd definately be in for any of those days, otherwise the 21st works best.

My wife said to bring your wife down and she and Phyllisann will hang out at my buddies pool around the corner. Also there are all kinds of thrift shops as well as the little shops in the quaint town of Newark.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited June 2007
    I know I won't be able to make it on 7/21. Otherwise, I'll have to play it by ear. "The Day" is 7/28, so I'ts gonna be a bit hectic 'til then!!
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    strider wrote: »
    I know I won't be able to make it on 7/21. Otherwise, I'll have to play it by ear. "The Day" is 7/28, so I'ts gonna be a bit hectic 'til then!!

Bring her over, Phyllisann is a nurse so if anything needs to be "popped out" I'm sure she can handle it!:D :D LOL!;)
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Wow Joe, that's a good way to answer me without actually saying no!

I'll have to tell them to start posting!

It's all cool, it's your place, I don't want to infringe, I just wanted them to experience your awesome equipment!!.

Sal

Perhaps when it is just you, me and them Sal but for now let's keep it in just one family.:)
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited June 2007
    Bring her over, Phyllisann is a nurse so if anything needs to be "popped out" I'm sure she can handle it!:D :D LOL!;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    NO! Not that, at least yet. Getting married on the 28th.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    strider wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    NO! Not that, at least yet. Getting married on the 28th.

I know I just wanted to jump start your heart!!!:D
  • Fireman32
    edited June 2007
    Ohskigod,

If you want to go down the 8th, I may come with you as well if you have room in your car. Or we can take my car.

That's if Joe doesn't mind seeing me two times.

Sal

Sal,

If Lou goes down on the 8th I will be going as well. I'm sure there will be room in either my car or Lous.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,699
    edited June 2007
    I'm sorry, I can't make the 8th, family things revolving around B-days are occurring. I can't make the 15th because we are going racing again and I already promised I'd be there. I can't make the 21st because that's the Delaware Valley Chapter of the National Lightning Owner's Club Summer Bash and I committed to that months ago. Sorry Joe, the only Saturday I'm not free is the one Saturday you picked! Every Sunday in July is booked solid for me except the 29th. Maybe next time.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,979
    edited June 2007
    Which ever date works out the best for everybody is probably good for me. It sounds like a fantastic time a-brewing!!!! Keep me posted Joe. Food & drink wise, just let me know what you need.

Phil
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Which ever date works out the best for everybody is probably good for me. It sounds like a fantastic time a-brewing!!!! Keep me posted Joe. Food & drink wise, just let me know what you need.

Phil

Okay Phil you are part of the central theme.;) I reiterate, anyone can come as many times as they can during those three days.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2007
    Just let me know when it's going to be...
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited June 2007
    What time(s) are you thinking for getting started?
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited June 2007
    I was thinking about 5:30pm, Joe should be up by then. :D

I'll tell ya what, with Joe, Antny and Phil's culinary skills, I'm coming hungry! As a matter of fact, I just got hungry thinking about what they may be preparing.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Fireman32
    edited June 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    I was thinking about 5:30pm, Joe should be up by then. :D

I'll tell ya what, with Joe, Antny and Phil's culinary skills, I'm coming hungry! As a matter of fact, I just got hungry thinking about what they may be preparing.

Man you got a good point there. I'm going to walk around with a plate and a fork all day.