A Message From Roy Munson

Roy Munson
Roy Munson Posts: 886
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hi guys, some of you may have noticed that I haven't posted for a couple of months. On March 17th about 5:00 am a drunk driver crashed his car through the bedroom in the front of my house and in the process ran over me as I slept. My back was broken in three places, my rib cage was crushed, my sternum was fractured and my right lung collapsed! I spent almost a month in the hospital and I am know home recuperating. In some ways I was was lucky as I wasn't paralyzed but I also lost many of my personal possessions including three guitars and my SDA's along with many other things, plus the front of my house had to be rebuilt! I won't be posting much because I also lost my glasses and it's real hard to read..hopefully I'll have some new specs in a couple of weeks if I'm able to go get them. I just wanted everyone to know that I haven't left Club Polk and I will return when I can. Please excuse any spelling errs as I can't read jack without my glasses! LOL
2 Channel:
Amp/Parasound Halo A23
Pre/Carver C-1
Tuner/Carver TX-11a
CDP/Jolida JD 100A
Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
Post edited by Roy Munson on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2007
    Guitars, SDAs and the front end of your house are all replaceable, youre not. I'm glad to hear that youre doing better now. Good luck with your recovery and rehabilitation, God was with you on march 17th...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    Oh my god. You are so lucky to be alive. I hope you were wearing your brown pajamas that night, if you know what I mean. I would have been scared to death. Were you the only one injured?
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2007
    Good grief,, thank god you survived,,,sorry about the material possesions that were lost,but they can be replaced,,you can't,,,get better soon,keep us posted.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2007
    Holy ****.

Its a miracle you weren't killed or hurt worse.

Glad to see that you are in good spirits.

Godspeed on your recovery.

Thoughts and prayers sent.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2007
    Thank God you weren't hurt more seriously. Take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing you post more often. Let me know if I can do anything for you in the meantime.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited June 2007
    Thank god you survived...
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited June 2007
    Wow, I hope you get back to normal soon!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited June 2007
    OMG Roy, thats absolutely horrible! I'm very happy to hear you are still with us though. The posessions can be replaced, you can't!

If it's possible for you to say, what happened to the drunk driver?

Roy, please get well soon and join us in the forum! Best wishes to a speedy recovery and being back in the land of the SDA's!

John
    No excuses!
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Wow! It is amazing you are still here man...I'm sorry to hear about your house, but man, at least you are still here to talk about it. What fate came of the driver, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited June 2007
    Here's to a quick recovery and I'm almost positive the drunkin sob did'nt have any insurance either.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2007
    Ok, so what part of SoCal. We need to start the collection for some new SDA's?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2007
    I'm in for a donation. Tell me where to send it!

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited June 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Ok, so what part of SoCal. We need to start the collection for some new SDA's?

Sounds like a good idea to me!
    No excuses!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited June 2007
    Wow!!! Are you a blessed man or what. Glad to hear you're making progress. Just do as the doctors tell you & give any therapy you're getting 110%. The material stuff can always be replaced, you can't. Keep the faith.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited June 2007
    Welcome back man. What doesn't kill ya, only makes you ache more...LOL. Glad you're ok!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • duksbak
    duksbak Posts: 134
    edited June 2007
    Sorry to hear the news Roy, just happy you lived to tell about it.
    I pray that your recovery will be quick and without pain or stress.

Look forward to reading your speedy recovery posts^^
    Television: Mitsubishi WD-57732
    Front R/L: Polkaudio RTiA7
    Center: Polkaudio CSiA4
    Rear R/L: Polkaudio FXiA4
    Subwoofer: Polkaudio DSW600
    A/V Reciever: Denon 2808
    DVD/SACD: Sony Playstation 3
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited June 2007
    Wow, just wow. Very glad you're ok, heal up quickly bro....and hopefully that drunk driver is put away for life and then some.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited June 2007
    Thanks for the kind replies!!

For those that asked about the driver he lives just around the corner from me but I didn't know him. As far as what the fate of the driver is, he is facing 2 1/2 years in jail for drunk driving and leaving the scene. [he blew a 2.4] He calmly got out of his car and left me pinned under the car up tp my waist. He does have insurance and it's a good thing I do also. I've been self employed most of my adult life and I purchase my own medical insurance..thus far the invoices i've received tolal $198,000.00 with more to come!!!

Russ, thanks for the offer of donations for my SDA's but I just can't accept it, I hope that my insurance will pay for the things I lost. It's a very nice gesture and is much appreciated!! Thanks bro!!!

Again, thanks to everyone for the kind words!!!!!!!
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2007
    Well Roy, if the insurance DOESN'T take care of it, say the word. It's a brotherhood here, not just an audio board.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2007
    I'm certainly glad to know you survived & are on the road to recovery. Keep us posted Roy.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    WOW. That's totally crazy, glad to hear your still kickin'
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    Roy I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Roy, hope you have a speedy recovery and that drunk rots in jail for what he did. I'm with Russ I will be more than happy to donate towards the SDA's.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    Wow Roy, He has you here for a reason! I hope your recovery goes smoothly and you are spared as much pain as possible. You are in our prayers.

Just out of curiousity what happend to the person who did this heinous act?
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited June 2007
    Paris deserves a longer jail sentance!
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited June 2007
    :eek: That's insane. Wow, count your blessings and I hope for a speedy 100% recovery.

2.5 years are you kidding me? It is horrible for someone to do something like that but totally takes it to inhumane status for leaving the victim. That's just..... well, I just don't how to describe what I think of that.

Best Regards,
    Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited June 2007
    My God!!!!! That's the wildest thing I have ever herd. Really glad you lived through something so bad. Good luck on the recovery.

Is someone keeping an eye out for a set of SDA's for Roy?
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited June 2007
    Holy *hit!!! Man that's a home invasion of the worst kind. I'm glad you survived the ordeal and are on the road to recovery. I hope the drunk **** gets what he deserves.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited June 2007
    good luck Roy, that is a crazy stroy, like all have said, speedy recovery.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2007
    Unbelievable. Glad you're alright. You've beaten amazing odds. Count me in on the donation.