A Message From Roy Munson

Comments

• jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited June 2007
    Roy

Good luck hope the healing process is fast. Like Russ said it is a brotherhood.

Let us know what you need.

JT
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2007
    My thoughts and prayers are with you Rich. Whatever you need, you know Starchaser is close to you, just ask.

Ted
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    I'm willing to donate my modded CRSs if you guys are willing to pool together for proper packing and shipping.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    Man,

Glad to still have you with us! Imagine the stories you'll have to tell now about sleeping on the ground floor ;)

Somebody up above was watching over you that night...

Let us know if you need anything at all.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited June 2007
    Wow!!!

If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited June 2007
    Man that is crazy! Sorry to hear of your loss, but glad that you are making a recovery. Best wishes!

Take care of yourself.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2007
    Wow. That's absolutely amazing. Unbelievable.

It's a miracle you made it to see the light of the next day! You'll definitely be in my prayers!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2007
    You are one lucky man to be alive. Best wishes for a continuing recovery. Hang in there!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited June 2007
    Godspeed on your recovery.
    Which version of the sda's you had? Maybe we can help replace them for starters.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited June 2007
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2007
    eff that sucks... get better bud!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited June 2007
    Here's to a speedy, and pain-free, recovery.

As a note of caution, you mention that the invoices you've received total $198,000 so far.
    Medical insurance policies do have "lifetime limits". Not sure what your's is, but a typical group health plan has one for $1,000,000.
    That sounds like a lot but it's not, especially so when you've sustained the injuries you've sustained.

Further, if I might add 2 points:

1. He blew a 2.4
    2. (and this is the kicker for me)

He calmly got out of his car and left me pinned under the car up to my waist.

Uhm .... I'd like to emphasize that point, if I may:

He calmly got out of his car and left me pinned under the car up tp my waist.

So please keep these things in mind when it comes to any sort of settlement (as I'm sure you are).

I don't know what your insurance lifetime limit is, but you could possibly reach it. Your insurance company calls down the road and says, "Roy, sorry, your policy is now cancelled"; guess what kind of mountains you'd have to move in order to get ANY sort of policy from another insurer.

I don't believe I'm encouraging any sort of ambulance chasing here when I say, "Stick it in his rear, break it off, than stick it in his rear again".

........and don't bother breaking it off.

Be thankful you are alive, to be sure. With your luck, I'd suggest buying a lottery ticket for the next couple of weeks.

God speed.
    Sal Palooza
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2007
    Roy, Is that what you've been up to. Getting sponge baths from nurses for a month. It's good to hear that your recovery looks great. Get well soon!

Will it be 2's again or still thinking of trying something larger? When you decide let us know. The Polk pony express will keep watch for what you want and deliver.

Remember to check your private message box for messages.

This is only an internet forum folks... at least according to some members... :rolleyes:
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited June 2007
    :eek: Crazy story. Good luck with the speedy recovery.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    Wow; that was a lucky day for you; hope you get back on your feet soon.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Thoughts and prayers sent. Here's to you getting back on your feet in no time.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited June 2007
    If you don't already have one, you need to get yourself a lawyer outside of your insurance company’s legal team. I am not a fan of frivolous lawsuits or ambulance chasing lawyers but I don't think there is anything frivolous in your case.

You say your doctor bills are a few hundred thousand, but as a self employed person, what about lost wages past & future. Depending upon the type of business you had, you could easily file a suit into the millions. How did this guy get drunk? Who served him all of the alcohol? You see where I’m going.

Get well !
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited June 2007
    I don't believe I'm encouraging any sort of ambulance chasing here when I say, "Stick it in his rear, break it off, than stick it in his rear again".

........and don't bother breaking it off.

Be thankful you are alive, to be sure. With your luck, I'd suggest buying a lottery ticket for the next couple of weeks.

God speed.

I'm not a big fan of frivilous lawsuits, but this is one of those situations that if you dont have a good attorney, you need to get one....STAT!!!!!!!

the fact that you lived is a frikkin miracle, but since you lived, you still have to protect yourself. Whatever happens to the driver and his life should be of no concern, if his life is ruined so be it, yo uhave to look out for youself here.

there's probably a big list of damn good attorneys in your area that would take this on contigency (i.e. he/she dont get paid unless you get paid) they take a hell of a chunk, but at least you dont have to worry about it.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited June 2007
    WOW! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    I have seen some crazy stuff in my time but that is right up there! Man! Glad you are alive. Thank God he has insurance. I see a huge paycheck in your future and I hope that you have already arranged an atorney for the suit.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited June 2007
    YUP, i smell a lawsuit brewing. and rightfully so. good luck with recovery!

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2007
    Oh man, sorry to hear all this! I hope you do ok.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Ok, so what part of SoCal. We need to start the collection for some new SDA's?

Ummmm. nice gesture.. but home owners insurance should cover the cost. FYI

Roy, glad you are ok.. sounds like you've been to hell and back.. well wishes for a complete and speedy recovery. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2007
    Roy,
    Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery - count yor blessings. Now, get a lawyer; justice is on your side. Your suffering will not end once you are fully recovered. That person must be hled accountable for his actions (driving while a 2.4!!!).
    [
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited June 2007
    That is one scary story and I'm glad you're alive and recovering.
    To be honest I was expecting to be called a jackass or something... ;)

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited June 2007
    joeparaski wrote: »
    Holy *hit!!! Man that's a home invasion of the worst kind. I'm glad you survived the ordeal and are on the road to recovery. I hope the drunk **** gets what he deserves.

Joe

I thought I was scared to be in MY home!!!

Sorry for your pain.

I had a drunk woman with a 6 month old baby in the back total out my Honda about a month ago. She had no insurance and the cops did not even give her a field sobriety test. She got away with only a ticket with no insurance.

Take this a$$hole to the cleaners!!
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited June 2007
    Once again I would like to think everyone for their concern and advice..rest assured I have a lawyer!

I saw my doctors last week and they say I'm doing good and they are expecting me to recover well. Of course they can't give me any guarantees but they seem to be very optimistic, it's just gong to take time. I've been walking with the aid of a walker and a back brace and every week that goes by I feel a tad better.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do about replacing my SDA's, I may get another pair or I might try something different. I have to admit to being attached to them as I bought them new in about 1987 or so. [it's been so long I really don't remember exactly when] I've had several other speakers over the years but I always went back to the SDA's.

Thanks again for the kind replies!!!!

Richard
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited June 2007
    nopics.gif

kiddin'...damn, SDA'S....:( :mad:

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,711
    edited June 2007
    Glad to hear you survived, but sad to hear of your suffering. Good luck with the rehab, dealing with the insurance, and getting on with your life. Make sure you keep up with the court case of that SOB and show up at the sentencing with photos of your injuries and a timeline of your recovery. That should help insure he gets the maximum at least.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2007
    Most important, glad that you are doing well.

I'm down with the SDA replacement fund, we take care of our own.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut