I Hate George Lucas!

13»

Comments

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited September 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    He needed his original body for the Midichlorians.

Why? If the cloned body was identical to the original body, it would product the same midichlorian concentration.

Even if the midichlorians could not be genetically duplicated in the cloned body (and I see no reason why they could not be since they are just blood borne microbes), a blood transfusion from the original body to the cloned body would solve that problem.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    If you were to read the Expanded Universe, I garrentee you would fall in love all over again with SW.

O.K...I give up. The Expanded Universe stories, which take place before, between, and after the six films tell the following:

1. Emperor Palpatine wasn't really killed when Vader threw him down that shaft in Ep. 6. He transferred his mind to a cloned body prior to impact. The new cloned body did not have to be in close proximity to Palpatine because he could project his mind over great distances through the force. Apparently, the extremely high level of dark side energy flowing through Palpatine's body would cause it to eventually "burn up" and he would periodically have to transfer his mind into a cloned body. Because of the genetic damage caused by the dark side energy to Palpatine's original body, young, strong, clones of the original body could not be produced and they were subject to accelerated aging, which was made worse by the effects of the dark side energy.

I see there is mention of a clone produced of Vader, and that the Vader clone was killed by the offspring of Luke Skywalker, but I did not research the complete details.

One more thing: Aside from the "mind transference" thing, it is unlikely that simply being thrown down a shaft would have resulted in the Emperor's death. We saw in the Ep. 3 senate chamber fight scene that the Emperor was able to leap great distances and was able to levitate huge, heavy objects. Seems he would have used such abilites to slow his descent.

What a mess of plot holes and storyline discontinuity.
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited September 2007
    Remember in Eps 3 when Palpatine told Anikan about a Master that was able to cheat death??? His Master it was. Clone was the secret, my gut tells me.

Palpatine knew he had lost, when Vadar and Luke teamed up on him. He in essence, commited a false suiside. Like many celebrities have been told to have accomplished...(Elvis)...

Anyways..in all seriousness... When Palpatine felt Vadar turn back to the good side, he had no choice but to have things play out as they did, he knew he was no match (after the Mace Windu attack) to go up against a very powerfull Vadar and a skilled, strong Luke. He figured, like many sith in the past, live and fight another day.

Remember "There is always 2, no more, no less". Yoda said "always", which means always.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited September 2007
    He transferred his mind to a cloned body prior to impact.

That's X-Men: The Last Stand.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    I once changed my underwear to a pair of Huggies prior to impact.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited September 2007
    George Lucas is the DEVIL!!!
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    Remember "There is always 2, no more, no less". Yoda said "always", which means always.

Well, Yoda, with all of his heightened senses, couldn't sniff out a Sith Lord right under his nose, so I wouldn't put too much confidence in anything he said.:p
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    Why did that THX guy get banned?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Why did that THX guy get banned?

You mean besides being a total F***ing idiot? I'm not sure...:confused:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2007
    1. Emperor Palpatine wasn't really killed when Vader threw him down that shaft in Ep. 6. He transferred his mind to a cloned body prior to impact. The new cloned body did not have to be in close proximity to Palpatine because he could project his mind over great distances through the force.

That's what happens to the Cylons in the new "Battlestar Galactica".:D
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    ya, Star Wars 1 was a disaster, I cant friggen stand that movie. But it defiantly got better in 2 and 3. I’m luke warm on 2 but I actually thing that 3 kicks some butt and is worth repeat viewing!!!

Definantly read the "post" Star Wars Timothy Zahn books. They are great.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing