edited June 2007
    2 words:
    Forbidden Planet
    Sal Palooza
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2007
    Ron-P wrote: »
    I like George, no matter what he adds to the films that does not take away the memories I had of them and they are still a joy to watch, the first trilogy that is. After all, George gave us one of the best, most impressive openings in a movie that has yet to be bested 30 years later. No one has yet matched the impressiveness of that Start Destroyer flying over the top of the screen, no one.

George revolutionized the sci-fi genre. I think we were expecting him to do it again or at least go for par. When he failed, the kid in us cried foul. Why? Because you don't mess with childhood icons, legends, and innocence.

Disappointed? Yes. 1-3 could have been much better and we can all live without the merchandizing that Lucas flooded us with. Be that as it may, Star Wars was my first movie.

Thx, George.
  • THX 3417
    THX 3417 Posts: 219
    edited June 2007
    Well I like the THX/TAP sound system that has revolutionized performance in cinema sound playback. Not just for the STAR WARS films any film and I’ve seen many in the substandard way but nothing as come near or even close to the might THX performance of the EMPIRE Leicester square in London’s West End nothing!

It’s the most powerful JBL THX cinema in the whole of Europe with 56KILO WATTS:eek: with Abyssal low end depth of unrelenting sound pressure Earth Quaking Saturn V Thundering Shaking Force anywhere in the United Kingdom!:p :cool: :)

288071.jpg

288073.jpg

288072.jpg
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited June 2007
    it was magical because you were young and impressionable and it was a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away !!!!

its bye far better than any other outer space several movie set !!!!
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited September 2007
    I re-watched Episode 6-Return of the Jedi tonight. Everytime I saw Vader I wondered why was he still walking around in that ugly armor plated suit. It just didn't make sense anymore:

In Episode 2 we learned that technology was available to make perfect cloned copies of human beings.

In Episode 3 we learned that technology was available to transplant the brain, eyes, and vital organs of a sentient species into a mechanical body (General Grievous).

In Episode 3 we learned that Vader had his remaining natural arm and both legs sliced off and that he suffered 3rd degree burns over the rest of his body and damaged lungs. His physical injuries significantly lessened his ability to use the force (and eventually overthrow the emperor).

Seems like Vader would have had a new body cloned and had his brain transplanted into it. Since those who are strong in the force can manipulate the minds of weaker individuals, another possible alternative would have been for him to just transfer his mind into the new cloned body and avoid the risks of surgery. He did live in a magical galaxy where such things were probably commonplace...especially for those strong in the force.

Was this ever addressed in any of the Star Wars novels?

The puppet Yoda was unwatchable after seeing the CGI Yoda. Fortunately, he didn't stick around too long.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited September 2007
    Keiko wrote: »
    And why wasn't "Lord" Vader ever referred to as "Master" Vader? :eek: :p

I think because it sounds too much like a "lonely man sport" if you catch my "drift":eek:
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited September 2007
    zingo wrote: »
    Well, at least all of the Storm Troopers aren't running with walkie-talkies in their hands...

Don't get me started on ET. :mad:
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited September 2007
    Yes yesssssssssss! I feel your hate!

:p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • PolkThug
    edited September 2007
    I think its time we demonstrate the full power of this forum!
  • wingnut4772
    edited September 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    I think its time we demonstrate the full power of this forum!

Dantooine!They're on Dantooine.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    CGI Yoda over Jim Henson's?!? No effin' way. NO NO NO NO NO.
    Not buying it.

Yoda going all Mary Lou Retton and performing a quadrillion backflips and frontflips is the most ludicrous piece of garbage mine eyes have ever witnessed.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • wingnut4772
    edited September 2007
    Yes! I can feel you getting stronger! Good. Gooood.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2007
    YOU FOOLS! You are being drawn into the dark side. ONLY GL can show you the way.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    I re-watched Episode 6-Return of the Jedi tonight. Everytime I saw Vader I wondered why was he still walking around in that ugly armor plated suit. It just didn't make sense anymore:

In Episode 2 we learned that technology was available to make perfect cloned copies of human beings.

In Episode 3 we learned that technology was available to transplant the brain, eyes, and vital organs of a sentient species into a mechanical body (General Grievous).

In Episode 3 we learned that Vader had his remaining natural arm and both legs sliced off and that he suffered 3rd degree burns over the rest of his body and damaged lungs. His physical injuries significantly lessened his ability to use the force (and eventually overthrow the emperor).

Seems like Vader would have had a new body cloned and had his brain transplanted into it. Since those who are strong in the force can manipulate the minds of weaker individuals, another possible alternative would have been for him to just transfer his mind into the new cloned body and avoid the risks of surgery. He did live in a magical galaxy where such things were probably commonplace...especially for those strong in the force.

Was this ever addressed in any of the Star Wars novels?

The puppet Yoda was unwatchable after seeing the CGI Yoda. Fortunately, he didn't stick around too long.

Because... it's a movie? A Sci-Fi movie no less? Originally made in the 70's and 80's? You guys expect a bit too much out of it I think.

I hope you don't analyze "Armageddon" or "The Core" this much, your heads will explode :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2007
    No...
    but what's the deal with "Deep Impact"? That one is fraught with fallacies.
    Uh oh, I feel myself going all alliterative on that ****.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited September 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Because... it's a movie? A Sci-Fi movie no less? Originally made in the 70's and 80's? You guys expect a bit too much out of it I think.

I hope you don't analyze "Armageddon" or "The Core" this much, your heads will explode :)

1 billion % correct......

In what way was there a way to make Greivous in 1977 ?????????

In the 70's and earler 80's there was only props, costums and puppets!!!

30 years later and your still analyzing it..... It must be one hell of a movie...lol

Vadar was not the master, Sidious was. Sidious beat Yoda, beat Windu (in a way) wiped out almost all Jedi and ruled over the Entire Universe alone in the senate and with Vadar for over 20 years.
    He is the Master.

And some stil wonder why Vadar was in a costume....when the story is so much deeper than that....

Alot of big SW fans, like myself, dont care (so much) what it looks like, rather the story line. If you were to read the Expanded Universe, I garrentee you would fall in love all over again with SW.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • PolkThug
    edited September 2007

He needed his original body for the Midichlorians.
  • jakelm
    edited September 2007
    He needed his original body for the Midichlorians.

Absolutly correct, Greivous was not a jedi or a sith. Greivous was only trained in the arts , so he could afford to only keep his brain.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2007
    You say Midichlorians.
    I say Nutrasweet.

Who cares?

It's THE FORCE. This whole "a billion bugs in the bloodstream **** is bunk".
  • jakelm
    edited September 2007
    You say Midichlorians.
    I say Nutrasweet.

Who cares?

.......Reported......LOL:p
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    I always get the Midochlorians confused with the Merovingian
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • PolkThug
    edited September 2007

The Midichlorians are not The Force, they only communicate with The Force. The Jedi can 'listen' to the Midichlorians for guidance.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »

If you think they are bad about over analylizing SW, you oughta go read the "Battlestar Gallactica" forum at "scifi.com". Those people are complete freaks. I love the new BSG and thought it would be fun to read and post there, but could not stomach those people at all.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2007
    The Midichlorians are not The Force, they only communicate with The Force. The Jedi can 'listen' to the Midichlorians for guidance.

I know... I know. But I couldn't pass up a chance at going "all alliterative on an ****":D
  • jakelm
    edited September 2007

Someone who has not caught on by now...just needs to forget about it and go watch Regis and Kelly...lol:eek:

Like watching Big Brother or Survivor..If those games needs to be explained by now....then those poeple who need explainations of how the games work, dont need to play or watch it...:confused:
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2007
    Yeah... like I haven't watched the first three films (the TRUE first three) over a million times apiece:p

Sitting back and overanalyzing the minutae of these recent steaming piles doesn't appeal to me. That is to say -- "You can pick all the kernels out of a ****. But at the end of the day, it's still a ****."
    That's what my nana used to say while plowing the fields. And shucking corn...

In all fairness, I can enjoy Revenge of the Sith on certain occasions. I can even say I've watched it about five times.
  • jakelm
    edited September 2007
    Everyone who sits and watches SW, loves it...even the ones who insists it is stupid and imature ....they still admit its a great story.

They even LOVE Jar Jar......LOl
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited September 2007
    THX 3417 wrote: »
    Well I like the THX/TAP sound system that has revolutionized performance in cinema sound playback. Not just for the STAR WARS films any film and I’ve seen many in the substandard way but nothing as come near or even close to the might THX performance of the EMPIRE Leicester square in London’s West End nothing!

It’s the most powerful JBL THX cinema in the whole of Europe with 56KILO WATTS:eek: with Abyssal low end depth of unrelenting sound pressure Earth Quaking Saturn V Thundering Shaking Force anywhere in the United Kingdom!:p :cool: :)

288071.jpg

288073.jpg

288072.jpg

could you imagine the opening part of lord of the rings when the ring gets cut of and the dude blows up, I would pay just to see that part. I knock pictures off my walls when my sub goes off during that. that place would probably peel my contacts out of my eyes
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • jakelm
    edited September 2007
    I like purple.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• carpenter
    carpenter Posts: 362
    edited September 2007
    Reading through this thread and understanding (not necessarily agreeing) just about each point raised in each post, makes me realize why my family still refers to the fact that I (eventually) lost my virginity as "The Miracle" ;)
    "If the global crisis continues, by the end of the year Only two Banks will be operational, the Blood Bank and the Sperm Bank. Then these 2 banks will merge and it will be called 'The Bloody **** Bank'"