I Hate George Lucas!

wingnut4772
wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
I am watching the original Star Wars series and just really getting P.O'd that GL really messed up a good thing with that new crap he put out.

In Empire , Yoda has a great, moving and emotional speech about how the force is 'all around us' and it ' binds the universe together' and I'm thinking..no it's not. It's effing microscopic bugs in your blood!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I hate the ****.
Sharp Elite 70
Anthem D2V 3D
Parasound 5250
Parasound HCA 1000 A
Parasound HCA 1000
Oppo BDP 95
Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
Totem Mask Surrounds X4
Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
Sony PS3
Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
Post edited by wingnut4772 on

Comments

• Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited June 2007
    Yea, the heck with george and his silly little story.

I have not even seen them all, I gave up after that jar jar movie.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • wingnut4772
    edited June 2007
    Skynut wrote: »
    Yea, the heck with george and his silly little story.

I have not even seen them all, I gave up after that jar jar movie.

That was smart becasue they are a pile of doo.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    A-FREAKIN-MEN!!!!!!

George Lucas should be drawn and quartered for taking such a simple and timeless story and turning it into a 100-hour manifesto about Colony Taxation. Watching the last three movies is like sifting throught the schematics of the Hubble telescope. Dense, boring, unimaginative, boring, and dense.

Guess the fanboys are happy now that they know the "true" origins of the left firing pod capsule of the APT-67 or whatever.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited June 2007
    reported..........This is the first time my blood preasure rises because of this forum.:mad: :mad: :mad:

All you haters should go sit in a corner and play Pokemon.:p

I cant believe, in my own beloved forum.:( :(:( The speak of hating G Lucas and the magical, magnificent Star Wars universe.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited June 2007
    I find it logically impossible to simultaneously like Lucas and the Star Wars trilogy. He's its sworn enemy. Look how much he tried to ruin it:D

He would have been better off passing over the reigns to the guys who did the Police Academy movies.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • wingnut4772
    edited June 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    reported..........This is the first time my blood preasure rises because of this forum.:mad: :mad: :mad:

All you haters should go sit in a corner and play Pokemon.:p

I cant believe, in my own beloved forum.:( :(:( The speak of hating G Lucas and the magical, magnificent Star Wars universe.

It was once magical. He ruined it. Hence the hate. I grew up on Star Wars. I saw the original when I was 9 years old wide eyed in the theater and it is one of my better childhood memories.I had every figure and space ship and read every book.

A pox on him.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• zombie boy 2000
    edited June 2007
    A pox on him tenfold.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited June 2007
    Luckily, my son transferred his tapes to DVD, so I can see the original three movies in their pure form.

It's to bad he didn't let lawrence Kasden write the scripts for episodes 6,1,2,3 that way the dialogue would have been as strong as the Empire Strikes Back instead of the stiff mush.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    Um, you guy realize he CREATED the story right? Kinda tough to destroy it when it's yours.

Brand me a wierdo but I enjoyed 2 & 3, at least from an action movie standpoint.

Nostalgia clouds your judgement on the first three, methinks. They're magical because you saw them as a kid more than anything contained in them :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • wingnut4772
    edited June 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Um, you guy realize he CREATED the story right? Kinda tough to destroy it when it's yours.

Brand me a wierdo but I enjoyed 2 & 3, at least from an action movie standpoint.

Nostalgia clouds your judgement on the first three, methinks. They're magical because you saw them as a kid more than anything contained in them :)

Blasphemy!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    I wasn't a huge Star Wars fan as a kid, however I liked the originals FAR more than the recent movies....I really think that the making of the recent movies was for financial reasons....Think about all of the money he has made off of THX, much less the crappy series..Jar Jar makes me want to jump off a cliff.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »

I think Lucas is great and more power to him. His story....his movie(s)...his characters...to do with as he pleases. Since when does the fan become the owner of the work...just because they want it to be whatever they want it to be or not to be? Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead" comes to mind. I have all 6 in both DVD and VHS (first three). Original...enhanced....I like them both!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited June 2007
    In Empire , Yoda has a great, moving and emotional speech about how the force is 'all around us' and it ' binds the universe together' and I'm thinking..no it's not. It's effing microscopic bugs in your blood!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I hate the ****.

Hate is the path to the dark side.:)

Lucas didn't contradict himself. The microscopic bugs are not "the force", they only allow a person to be able to use the force. Lucas said that Vader's potential to use the force was twice as great as the Emperor's. After Vader was burnt to a crisp and lost his lower arms and legs, as well as a lot of skin, his potential was only 80% of the Emperor's.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • wingnut4772
    edited June 2007
    This is what you are saying:

Lucas didn't contradict himself. The microscopic bugs are not "the force", they only allow a person to be able to use the force. Lucas said that Vader's potential to use the force was twice as great as the Emperor's. After Vader was burnt to a crisp and lost his lower arms and legs, as well as a lot of skin, his potential was only 80% of the Emperor's.

..and this is what I hear you saying:

"Blah blah blahbity blah blah.....

BLAH!!!!George Lucas is the Devil.

:D:D:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited June 2007
    Oh if its that big of a deal, just pony up the money for the original theatrical release..... (brought to you in the wonders of dobly 2.0 stereo sound.....)

Michael :)

For those of you not knowing what all the bitching is about - here you go....

Changes to the classic trilogy for the DVD release:

Episode 4: A New Hope:
    - 24 minutes (M) 51 seconds (S) into the film: twin sun effect has been added.
    - 48 M 50 S Han Solo avoids Greedo's shot before shooting at him.
    - 50 M 30 S: Jabba the Hutt computer animation changed in accordance with Episode 1.
    - 71 M 30 S and after: Death Star detention-block corridor is much deeper.
    - 77 M: Dianoga (trash-compactor monster) has been improved.
    - 82 M 10 S: "Power" and "Tractor Beam" English words have been replaced with Star Wars "Basic" language.

Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back:
    - 50 M 56 S to 52 M 05 S: The Emperor's hologram has been replaced with Ian McDiarmid. New dialog has been recorded whereby Palpatine informs Vader about Luke's real identity.
    - 63 M 42 S, 87 M 18 S and 98 M 39 S: Boba Fett's dialog has been replaced with Temuera Morrison‘s (Jango Fett from Attack of the Clones) voice over.
    - 92 M 05 S and 92 M 15 S: Han Solo's black jacket has been erased, due to cut mistakes in the original movie.
    - 101 M 40S: Luke's scream, which was added in the 1997 Special Edition, has been removed again.

Episode 6: Return Of The Jedi:
    - 24 M 44 S and after: Edge transparency defects around the Rancor have been removed.
    - 115 M 41 S: Old Anakin's eyebrows have been erased and eyes are now blue, to fit with Hayden Christensen.
    - 120 M 44 S: Naboo has been added to Tatooine, Bespin, Coruscant and Endor victory celebration scenes.
    - 120 M 58 S and 121 M 03 S: Senate and Jedi Temple are now included in Coruscant panoramic view.
    - 122 M 30 S: Hayden Christensen (Anakin) appears as a ghost beside Yoda and old Obi-Wan at the end of the movie.
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2007
    Blasphemers!! Blasphemy I say!

I grew up on the first movie. I not only loved them but lived them! 95% of all my childhood games were Star Wars oriented.

That being said, I like the 3 new movies BETTER! Why? Because they add a story to the characters I so loved growing up.

The biggest reason I like the new ones better is the way theyre able to really expand on the Jedi and the force. In the first 3 movies, the force would let you choke somebody from a distance and move a rock or two. Big whoop. But in the new movies, they can run at super speed, jump around like theyre on wires and are almost superhero-ish.

The sword fights are 100 times better in the new films as well. In the first, its just a couple actors clumsily and slowly banging away at each other swords. In the new movies theyre extremely fast paced and more realistic as to what you would think Jedis would fight like.

The fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin in Episode 3 was just unreal! And the one with Darth Maul was also one of the best fight scenes ever!

Now granted, better special effects that he didnt have access to in the first movies allowed Lucas to make the new movies with much better action and better overall - but theyre still better.

Not by much tho. Theyre all equally excellent! Its like comparing Aston Martins, Jaguars, BMW's and Mercedes together.

Shame on you Darla. :p
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    I liken Lucas to an athlete way, way past his prime.

Remember when that athlete was young, full of passion, hungry and unknown, fighting for the glory and firing on all cylinders.

Then flash forward 40 years to a fat, greedy, talentless slug who thinks he owns hollywood because more people call themselves Jedi than most most major religions. He no longer has to compete with anyone or cares one bit. He is god according to George. Plenty of money to last 100 lifetimes and a whole cutting edge company at his whim.

He was going to put The Backstreet Boys in the movies because his daughter liked them. George Lucas is no longer the man he once was. The recent 3 abominations contain no magic or creativity. They were created first in the Marketing Dept. I saw an interview with one of the higher-up execs on the recent movies, explaining how they chose the actors and actresses for their sex appeal with a young adult audience demographic.

All business - all crap.
    V
  • wingnut4772
    edited June 2007
    venomclan wrote: »

Remember when that athlete was young, full of passion, hungry and unknown, fighting for the glory and firing on all cylinders.

Then flash forward 40 years to a fat, greedy, talentless slug who thinks he owns hollywood because more people call themselves Jedi than most most major religions. He no longer has to compete with anyone or cares one bit. He is god according to George. Plenty of money to last 100 lifetimes and a whole cutting edge company at his whim.

He was going to put The Backstreet Boys in the movies because his daughter liked them. George Lucas is no longer the man he once was. The recent 3 abominations contain no magic or creativity. They were created first in the Marketing Dept. I saw an interview with one of the higher-up execs on the recent movies, explaining how they chose the actors and actresses for their sex appeal with a young adult audience demographic.

All business - all crap.
    V

"And the crowd goes wild!":D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• THX 3417
    THX 3417 Posts: 219
    edited June 2007
    Well it’s the road show originals the 70mm six-track Dolby stereo versions I would like to see committed to the DVD format, and yes those 70mm Dolby prints do exist he’s just holding back and being a silly bugger to the fans.

Come on George stop hiding those 70mm six-track Dolby stereo “Baby Boom” prints underneath your bed release those versions please.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited June 2007
    The first Star Wars (Episode IV?) was great. A true classic.

Each release after that got progressively worse. The last one (Episode III ??) was total poo-poo. Best thing about the jar-jar movie (Episode I ????_) was the song Weird Al did about it. Tells the whole story in one 5 minute song. Another classic.

Jason
  • shack
    edited June 2007
    He EARNED the right to cater to his own whims. His Skywalker Ranch is one of the finest film facilities in the world. He took chances...invested his own money...and was richly rewarded for it. "Talentless Slug"...hardly. And believe it or not...movies are a business. Evidently enough people like what Lucas is selling whether it be movies or THX or the use of his facilities that he continues to be extremely sucessful. Unlike those who inherit, win the lottery or whatever...Lucas earned his money...didn't steal it, didn't cheat anyone. He can do what he wants and I applaud him for it!

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited June 2007
    jcaut wrote: »

Each release after that got progressively worse. The last one (Episode III ??) was total poo-poo. Best thing about the jar-jar movie (Episode I ????_) was the song Weird Al did about it. Tells the whole story in one 5 minute song. Another classic.

Jason

All six are are wonderful movies IMO. It is the type of escape from reality that I want in movies. In many ways the last is as good as the first. If there are more, I'm sure I would enjoy them as well.

Y'all continue to bash Lucas all you want...I"m sure he's losing sleep over it.

• THX 3417
    edited June 2007
    venomclan wrote: »

All business - all crap.
    V

Yeah you only have to read or watch some of those video interviews and wow how he’s changed his tune I thought he was listening to the audience not stiffing them of there money each and every few years with the same STAR MILKED WARS editions a long time have I seen those version.

I want original exclusive unheard six-track Dolby stereo Baby Boom you thieving Jabba get!:D
  • THX 3417
    edited June 2007
    jcaut wrote: »

Jason

I think Han should have shot Jar Jar fisrt not Greedo that would be too nice, but that thing that was writing into the story needed to die a most unpleasant death, death by lightsaber!:D

caption41.jpg
  • THX 3417
    edited June 2007

I don’t know mate I would agree with partly some of that yes, I would say Vader got back his 20% plus 100% pissed off with Obi-Wan and wanted revenge for what he did to him! No what the evil emperor did to him, wicked!
  • wingnut4772
    edited June 2007
    shack wrote: »
    All six are are wonderful movies IMO. It is the type of escape from reality that I want in movies. In many ways the last is as good as the first. If there are more, I'm sure I would enjoy them as well.

Y'all continue to bash Lucas all you want...I"m sure he's losing sleep over it.

Actually he is. He just called me and asked me to knock it off.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• THX 3417
    edited June 2007
    Actually he is. He just called me and asked me to knock it off.

LOL, yeah I bet he did lard a££ JABBA git!:D
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited June 2007
    I will buy every movie, game and Star Wars merchandise I can...and I can give a rats **** how much Lucas makes off of me. I do it because I love Star Wars (all epsiodes, Clone Wars cartoons, books and expanded universe).

...If he would come out with a special, special, special, edition of the episodes, I'de buy that too.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited June 2007
    Well, at least all of the Storm Troopers aren't running with walkie-talkies in their hands...
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited June 2007
    I like George, no matter what he adds to the films that does not take away the memories I had of them and they are still a joy to watch, the first trilogy that is. After all, George gave us one of the best, most impressive openings in a movie that has yet to be bested 30 years later. No one has yet matched the impressiveness of that Start Destroyer flying over the top of the screen, no one.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.