What to do with HOA that won't help with a safety concern?

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited May 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    drove an ambulance for 13 years, if I coulnt get through, believe me, you'd know. dont worry abou the emergency drivers, they know how to get sh^t done. you would be amazed at the places I (as well as fireman32) have squeezed an ambulance.

Heh. Camden, NJ. I see people complain about cars parked on both sides of a street 100 feet wide. I wish I could take them down to Camden where the streets are just about 3 cars wide and usually have cars parked on both sides. I've had to back an ambulance down one of those streets with two paramedics an EMT and a fireman in the back handling another fireman who was screaming about burn injuries at 3 in the morning responding to a call for assistance with a 4 alarm fire. Yeah, that was fun. About as much fun as passing a kidney stone. Brings new meaning to the word focus.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    Jstas wrote: »
    Heh. Camden, NJ. I see people complain about cars parked on both sides of a street 100 feet wide. I wish I could take them down to Camden where the streets are just about 3 cars wide and usually have cars parked on both sides. I've had to back an ambulance down one of those streets with two paramedics an EMT and a fireman in the back handling another fireman who was screaming about burn injuries at 3 in the morning responding to a call for assistance with a 4 alarm fire. Yeah, that was fun. About as much fun as passing a kidney stone. Brings new meaning to the word focus.

Everything's gotta be badder and worse for you doesn't it? Ever notice that? Interesting.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited May 2007
    we EMT's will trade battle stories till the day we die.

Me, I'm quasi retired, I'm done. John, if you still do it, god bless ya man :D

you backed up that street? cmon man, what do you think god made Daimond Plate for...LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Jstas
    edited May 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Everything's gotta be badder and worse for you doesn't it? Ever notice that? Interesting.

No, it doesn't. Then again, I did volunteer to drive an ambulance and I did volunteer on a unit that regularly supported a city that makes places like Baltimore and L.A. look like resort towns. But knowing where Lou lives and where he has run on his squad, he has probably run into the same kind of deal. It's trading "war stories". It's a way to bond with and identify with people who have common experiences. That's why I quoted him and responded to him...not you. But you're probably not an EMT and probably haven't been so you really don't understand the "brotherhood" behind it nor where I'm coming from.

Lou, I'm not doing it anymore because the squad I was volunteering at was supposed to go paid. That fell through though. I found that out a couple months ago when I saw the captain at a local bar. He asked if I'd be interested in coming back but since it's been over a year and a half, my certs are all expired and I didn't renew any of my EMT paperwork. I have to go through class again. If they will front the cost, I'll probably go back to doing it.

Oh, I had to back up the street. I had less than a foot of room on either side. The mirrors were just hight enough to pass over the rooves of the cars on either side. I would have gone straight but there were fire trucks all over the street. I suppose I could have pushed a car out of my way but I didn't want to damage the ambulance and risk not being able to get to the hospital. Alot of the streets in my area are tight like that. You get good at it after a while.

• MrNightly
    edited May 2007
    No, it doesn't. Then again, I did volunteer to drive an ambulance and I did volunteer on a unit that regularly supported a city that makes places like Baltimore and L.A. look like resort towns. But knowing where Lou lives and where he has run on his squad, he has probably run into the same kind of deal. It's trading "war stories". It's a way to bond with and identify with people who have common experiences. That's why I quoted him and responded to him...not you. But you're probably not an EMT and probably haven't been so you really don't understand the "brotherhood" behind it nor where I'm coming from.

Actually, I have been an EMT for years, Certified in Texas, Kansas and National Registry. I worked in a town called Tyler, TX (Outside of Dallas) and Kansas City. Tyler had some of the worst crime around... and I beat the street for a couple years on top of that. So trust me, I understand about the "brotherhood." I've been a brother of Blue as well as Med and Fire. I was a volunteer FF for years as well, and have seen my share.

War stories are good and fine. Mostly giving ya hard time, sorry if it ribbed ya wrong. Just seemed you always have to pipe in with a bigger badder story when somebody is telling their side... but whatever.

And if you want to start telling war stories... I could probably hang with any that you have been apart of :D

Enjoy.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited May 2007
    "You should live in a bubble. Just think, no mercury, no cars parked on the street, no whatever else has crawled up your anal **** this week."

Gold.... Awesome

5 Smilies!

:D:D:D:D:D
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited May 2007
    "You should live in a bubble. Just think, no mercury, no cars parked on the street, no whatever else has crawled up your anal **** this week."

Gold.... Awesome

5 Smilies!

:D:D:D:D:D

You forgot amphetamines given to 6 year old kindergarteners like it was candy. If you don't have beliefs that your willing to fight for, what are you accomplishing.
  • Jstas
    edited May 2007
    War stories are good and fine. Mostly giving ya hard time, sorry if it ribbed ya wrong. Just seemed you always have to pipe in with a bigger badder story when somebody is telling their side... but whatever.

It's not the "ribbing" that bothers me. It's the implied accusation that my "stories" are made up and that I'm a liar. You can ask Lou or even George Grand, Camden, NJ is not a nice place. It's a small city with tight quarters and a poverty rate around 75%. The administration is completely corrupt and over half the city residents are on some kind of government assistance. It's in the top 3 cities in the country for crime rates and the top 5 for murder rates in the U.S. In fact, 5 of New Jersey cities are in the Top 10 list for crime rates. We ain't in Kansas here Toto.

My "stories" aren't meant to be "bigger and badder". They are what they are. I've done and I've seen alot of stuff in my short time on this planet. Maybe I pay attention more than others, maybe I'm less inhibited to try new/different/challenging things than others, I don't know. I do my best to expand my horizons and it has left me with many stories to tell and a good deal of experience to share. I relate my stories in as simple of a language as I can and as much detail as I can. I'm not bragging, I'm not trying to better anyone, I'm just trying to relate and contribute. If anyone feels that "Everything's gotta be badder and worse for" me then that's on them. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't but that's how it is. I tell my stories just like everyone else here tells theirs. I don't embellish them, I just tell them. I'm not going to make apologies for living my life and wanting to live it to the fullest. It bothers me that some schmuck in Kansas can call me a liar, a guy he has never met and likely never will, just because of stories posted on an internet forum. You're passing judgement and that's not cool. Now everything is supposed to be OK and I'm supposed be fine with your questioning of my character and calling me a liar because you were "Mostly giving ya hard time".

When did this thread turn into another "bash John" thread? I thought it was about silly HOAs? Doesn't anyone have anything better to do with themselves than to continually attack me over something so trivial as an Internet forum?

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    I drove through Camden once on my way to a concert and I can honestly say that it was the roughest place I've ever found myself in. This includes some of the worst parts of Chicago, Atlanta, and Los Angeles. "Shanty town" comes to mind. People in the streets regardless of traffic. Bad MOJO. Scary stuff.

Keep in mind that I currently live in the inner city and have spent time studying abroad in the slums of Quito, Ecuador.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • candyliquor35m
    edited May 2007
    imo Everyone does a good job here controlling their egos. Everyone says their piece and then moves on to the next butt whooping.
  • MrNightly
    edited May 2007
    It's not the "ribbing" that bothers me. It's the implied accusation that my "stories" are made up and that I'm a liar. You can ask Lou or even George Grand, Camden, NJ is not a nice place. It's a small city with tight quarters and a poverty rate around 75%. The administration is completely corrupt and over half the city residents are on some kind of government assistance. It's in the top 3 cities in the country for crime rates and the top 5 for murder rates in the U.S. In fact, 5 of New Jersey cities are in the Top 10 list for crime rates. We ain't in Kansas here Toto.

My "stories" aren't meant to be "bigger and badder". They are what they are. I've done and I've seen alot of stuff in my short time on this planet. Maybe I pay attention more than others, maybe I'm less inhibited to try new/different/challenging things than others, I don't know. I do my best to expand my horizons and it has left me with many stories to tell and a good deal of experience to share. I relate my stories in as simple of a language as I can and as much detail as I can. I'm not bragging, I'm not trying to better anyone, I'm just trying to relate and contribute. If anyone feels that "Everything's gotta be badder and worse for" me then that's on them. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't but that's how it is. I tell my stories just like everyone else here tells theirs. I don't embellish them, I just tell them. I'm not going to make apologies for living my life and wanting to live it to the fullest. It bothers me that some schmuck in Kansas can call me a liar, a guy he has never met and likely never will, just because of stories posted on an internet forum. You're passing judgement and that's not cool. Now everything is supposed to be OK and I'm supposed be fine with your questioning of my character and calling me a liar because you were "Mostly giving ya hard time".

When did this thread turn into another "bash John" thread? I thought it was about silly HOAs? Doesn't anyone have anything better to do with themselves than to continually attack me over something so trivial as an Internet forum?

Wow, what a great reply. Very typical of you isn't it? Why do you have to take everything so personal? I hardly called out your character, just asked why you had to have the best, baddest story on the block. It feels like little man syndrome to me here bud!

And, please, if you think that driving an ambulance backwards is living live to its fullest, give me a break. Dude, I've repelled off 1000 foot cliffs to save two kids lives who were stranded, dove with 'Gator's in Florida while recovering stolen vehicles for the police, saved a woman's life who was about to get raped at gunpoint, testified in felony cases, chased felons at high speed, been cave spelunking, worked GSW's at hospitals, witnessed more than my fair share of deaths first hand while performing CPR and ACLS, worked weeks on disaster recovery efforts, traveled the world, hiked 24hrs straight with a 75lb pack, squared off in the ring with men who want your head, and cried myself to sleep many times…

So good for you for "Expanding your horizons" but give me a royal break... the problem I have, is the way you come across. I'm not doubting the crime rate of the places you've driven an ambulance in, but common, I know how MedAct works.. they park down the street while the Cops clear the scene... I also never said your stories were made up, just that you have to always chime in with the “Definitive” answer on whatever… and hardly passed judgment, just threw out a comment about how I think you act.

I've been around enough to know that those that have actually been thru the fire, don't go around talking about it that much.

Anyway, don't call me a schmuck, unless you would call it to my face. Not really wanting to get into a pissing match with ya, but hey, if you want to... :D Just kidding.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited May 2007
    Just seemed you always have to pipe in with a bigger badder story when somebody is telling their side... but whatever.

And that folks, is a hole in one!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jstas
    edited May 2007
    Wow, what a great reply. Very typical of you isn't it? Why do you have to take everything so personal? I hardly called out your character, just asked why you had to have the best, baddest story on the block. It feels like little man syndrome to me here bud!

That's the way you take it, "bud".

The rest of your post, big whoop. My original post that offended you so much was directed towards someone that I've traded stories with before. I wasn't posturing in any way and it seems that you can't get that through your thick head. You butted your nose in on a post that was not directed at you and now you are telling me I have "little man syndrome". Then you challenge me to not call you a schmuck if I wouldn't do it to your face. Well there champ, I would and I will if I ever do have the misfortune to gaze upon your face.

I don't care how many cliffs you jumped off of in pursuit of whatever glorious end you were after. I don't care how many felons you have thwarted. I don't care how many gators you swim with and so on and so forth. I don't even care how many times you've cried. My post was about a common interest and directed towards someone who has had similar experiences. I don't talk about it much unless someone else has a similar experience. Just because I haven't done the same things you have doesn't mean I haven't had equally impressive experiences. You rattle off a pile of things that are supposed to impress me and they don't really. Mainly because that's not necessarily stuff I would find as exciting and fun as you do. Then again, I probably have a ton of stuff under my belt that you wouldn't even think of trying out. Does that make me better? Nope, just different. Does it make me have "small man syndrome" when I post a message to share a similar experience or enter a conversation about one of those experiences? No, it doesn't. Or how about the idea that I have the "Definitive" answer for "everything"? Well, I don't because I don't post about everything. The things I do post about that are "definitive" are usually presented that way because I research it to ensure I make an accurate post. The problem with that is that facts usually are definitive and they usually present themselves that way, no matter who is presenting them. Since EVERYTHING gets attacked and argued over here, I find it easier to just make posts that can't be argued over. It helps avoid these little spats. Beyond that, most everyone else has a "definitive" answer to questions because like everyone else, they post thier opinion too. Whether the opinion is based on rational fact or irrational cicumstances is different but all are usually presented as a de-facto standard. Why I'm getting railed on while others are ignored is beyond me.

Lastly, with your insinuations and insults, I was not a gurney jockey. I was a stipend volunteer for a municpality backed, county rescue squad. My rigs were driven into harms way on several occassions. I've done the disaster recovery stuff and I've worked major fires and crime scenes and so on and so forth. Does it matter? Not really. I'm proud of it though and that doesn't make me a bad person nor does it mean I have "small man syndrome". If you don't want to get into a pissing match though, you sure are trying.

You know what all this makes you though? A schmuck. You're a schmuck because you are ragging on me for having a desire to share experiences that I have had with others. You are a schmuck because you are taking it to be more than it is and then holding it against me. You are not the only schmuck here by those definitions because I see it happen every day here to people who are the schmucks and who are being schmucked on. So rest assured, you're in good company.

Sorry dude, I don't have "small man syndrome". Everything I post about here, I've done. It's the only way that I can post semi-freely and have a defense against the rabid following of schmucks that seem to congregate here just to schmuck on others. You do seem to have "Internet big man syndrome though". Mainly because you will post again. There will be others who will post too and tell me how wrong I am too. You'll post again though because this is going to get to you. You tell me it's how I present myself well guess what there champ, you tell me to lighten but I'm going to tell you that it's how you present yourself. You know what though? I don't care. I'm heading out to Maple Grove Raceway to do another one of those things that I "lie" about and do "bigger and badder" than everyone else. You have fun stewing over the fact that some guy in NJ that you don't know from spit called you a schmuck on the Internet and got your feathers so ruffled that you are threatening physical violence.

Have a nice day! :)

• edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited May 2007
    I once rode in the back of an ambulance. So yeah. I'm in the club now with Jstas and MrNightly. Boo yah.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    If only we could get Cliff to join in this thread would be complete.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited May 2007
    I've never been in an ambulance and I hope I never will. I thought we were talking about something about some kind of HOA or something.

We have a HOA that has cut down the three flagposts on both sides of the road at all three of the entrances to the neighborhood. Sharp metal with plenty of burrs sticking 4" above ground? Not good. Do they care?

Doubt it.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited May 2007
    now THAT will leave a mark, but funny, Demi!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • MrNightly
    edited May 2007
    That's the way you take it, "bud".

The rest of your post, big whoop. My original post that offended you so much was directed towards someone that I've traded stories with before. I wasn't posturing in any way and it seems that you can't get that through your thick head. You butted your nose in on a post that was not directed at you and now you are telling me I have "little man syndrome". Then you challenge me to not call you a schmuck if I wouldn't do it to your face. Well there champ, I would and I will if I ever do have the misfortune to gaze upon your face.

And here, folks, is the big difference between me and you. You take things so personally and lash out in response to a MESSAGE board. You attack, violently, and say that it would be a misfortune to gaze upon my face... while I sit back and laugh. Yes. I said Laugh. Did you really think that I would get my panties in a bunch over a POST?!? Words that are typed from behind a screen? Keep dreaming.
    I don't care how many cliffs you jumped off of in pursuit of whatever glorious end you were after. I don't care how many felons you have thwarted. I don't care how many gators you swim with and so on and so forth. I don't even care how many times you've cried. My post was about a common interest and directed towards someone who has had similar experiences. I don't talk about it much unless someone else has a similar experience. Just because I haven't done the same things you have doesn't mean I haven't had equally impressive experiences. You rattle off a pile of things that are supposed to impress me and they don't really. Mainly because that's not necessarily stuff I would find as exciting and fun as you do. Then again, I probably have a ton of stuff under my belt that you wouldn't even think of trying out. Does that make me better? Nope, just different. Does it make me have "small man syndrome" when I post a message to share a similar experience or enter a conversation about one of those experiences? No, it doesn't. Or how about the idea that I have the "Definitive" answer for "everything"? Well, I don't because I don't post about everything. The things I do post about that are "definitive" are usually presented that way because I research it to ensure I make an accurate post. The problem with that is that facts usually are definitive and they usually present themselves that way, no matter who is presenting them. Since EVERYTHING gets attacked and argued over here, I find it easier to just make posts that can't be argued over. It helps avoid these little spats. Beyond that, most everyone else has a "definitive" answer to questions because like everyone else, they post thier opinion too. Whether the opinion is based on rational fact or irrational cicumstances is different but all are usually presented as a de-facto standard. Why I'm getting railed on while others are ignored is beyond me.

Well, I performed my actions because I wanted to save other's lives... so I guess that is the, "glorious end" I was after.

Lastly, with your insinuations and insults, I was not a gurney jockey. I was a stipend volunteer for a municpality backed, county rescue squad. My rigs were driven into harms way on several occassions. I've done the disaster recovery stuff and I've worked major fires and crime scenes and so on and so forth. Does it matter? Not really. I'm proud of it though and that doesn't make me a bad person nor does it mean I have "small man syndrome". If you don't want to get into a pissing match though, you sure are trying.

You know what all this makes you though? A schmuck. You're a schmuck because you are ragging on me for having a desire to share experiences that I have had with others. You are a schmuck because you are taking it to be more than it is and then holding it against me. You are not the only schmuck here by those definitions because I see it happen every day here to people who are the schmucks and who are being schmucked on. So rest assured, you're in good company.

Once again you resort to insults... while I just lean back and smile. I really must have hit the nail on the head to get this much of a reaction... Guess that's good huh? :D

Sorry dude, I don't have "small man syndrome". Everything I post about here, I've done. It's the only way that I can post semi-freely and have a defense against the rabid following of schmucks that seem to congregate here just to schmuck on others. You do seem to have "Internet big man syndrome though". Mainly because you will post again. There will be others who will post too and tell me how wrong I am too. You'll post again though because this is going to get to you. You tell me it's how I present myself well guess what there champ, you tell me to lighten but I'm going to tell you that it's how you present yourself. You know what though? I don't care. I'm heading out to Maple Grove Raceway to do another one of those things that I "lie" about and do "bigger and badder" than everyone else. You have fun stewing over the fact that some guy in NJ that you don't know from spit called you a schmuck on the Internet and got your feathers so ruffled that you are threatening physical violence.

Have a nice day! :)

Thanks, I will have a nice day. And I never said you were a liar or anything... but you once again work yourself up into a frenzy... over nothing!

Good luck in life... you'll need it!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• MrNightly
    edited May 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    If only we could get Cliff to join in this thread would be complete.

Good ole Cliff... ;)
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited May 2007
    Why I'm getting railed on while others are ignored is beyond me.

I want you to think about that one, long and hard. In fact, think about nothing else. Maybe, just maybe, the answer will become evident to you.

As for the rest, funny stuff from a guy that couldn't even manage a boo in person.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2007
    You wouldn't last a minute on this forum if people ignored you... :)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    You are not the only schmuck here by those definitions because I see it happen every day here to people who are the schmucks and who are being schmucked on. So rest assured, you're in good company.

Hmmm how many schmucks are here? What the hell is a schmuck any way? Is that like a schlemele, or schlemozzle, how about a mook or a mamaluk? Maybe I'm a schmuck and don't know it or worse yet have been schmucked on!!! Holy cow, schmuck is a pretty funny word.
  • MrNightly
    edited May 2007
    Hmmm how many schmucks are here? What the hell is a schmuck any way? Is that like a schlemele, or schlemozzle, how about a mook or a mamaluk? Maybe I'm a schmuck and don't know it or worse yet have been schmucked on!!! Holy cow, schmuck is a pretty funny word.

Kinda scary isn't it? Being a schmuck and all?! I know, trust me... it changed my life once I found out I was one... Just can't look at the world the same. :rolleyes:
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2007
    Man...funny stuff.

HOA's can be a PITA, however, they have thier good points too. Personally, I don't have any issues with mine and they do a good job of prodding people to keep thier property in a decent manner without being facists.

Second, if your kid ain't bright enough to not play in the street....well, life is hard. It's harder if you are stupid.

As for the rest of it....the entertainment value is certainly high.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2007
    I'm still trying to figure out how a car in the street looks trashy.

Candy, I'll be blunt. you HOA is blowing you off most likly because you have a reputation fo being a pain in the ****. I hate to sound insulting, but Jesus Christ, not everyone thinks and lives like you, people are different. if they want to park in the street, let them, you dont want to park in the street? DONT!!

in all hosesty, if a neighbor came up to me and asked "why are you parking in the street" my response would be "because I frikkin feel like it" it's no one's business why I park where I park, if its legal, then so be it.

This is probably the FUNNIEST post, IMHO, in ages.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • candyliquor35m
    edited May 2007
    I'm still trying to figure out how a car in the street looks trashy.

I missed that one. Someone that doesn't think it looks trashy when you have a nice driveway and garage 20-30 feet away has other issues. I think some residents who already have a beef with the hoa may do it on purpose to piss off the hoa, their neighbors and whoever else gets in their way. Some people are just mad at the world and do everything they can to be belligerent. I'm not going to use the R word, I'll let Jeff Foxworthy do that.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2007
    Hmmm how many schmucks are here? What the hell is a schmuck any way?

It's along the same lines as a shmendrik, shlemil, sheygets, or meshugine.

Sincerely,
    Jason Berkowitz:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    God, shut up, Mother Schmucker. :p
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2007
    Oy 2 da MuthaSchmuckin' Vey:D
  • Schwingding
    Schwingding Posts: 363
    edited May 2007
    I have been both president and board member of a HOA or two. Now, however, I don't have any neighbors, much less a HOA.

The HOA is there to enforce compliance of the bylaws of the community. You may not like what they are, but they have the legal ability to enforce them on you, regardless of what you may have or have not signed.

If there is no bylaw concerning parking on the street, the HOA should turn your request down as they are powerless over the situation and tell you how to go about getting the bylaws changed.

If you choose to follow that path and it works, then you can have your automobile free curbs. Other than that - find something a bit more constructive to work on and stop playing nanny to the world.

I would have told you to contact the neighbors on your own and ask them to help you clear the curbs, but not to do it by sticking fliers in their doors as that is against the bylaws (it was), rather to use the US mail. I would have also cautioned you to inform them that you did not represent the HOA in this endeavor.
    HT/music rig
    Panasonic PX60U 50" plasma
    Yamaha 5990 AVR
    Onix SP3 tube amp
    bunch of Outlaw 2200 monoblocks
    DUAL SVS PB12+/2 subs :eek:
    Denon 3910 DVD/SACD/DVD-A
    DirecTV HR10-250 DVR
    Onix Strata Mini mains
    Mirage OM10 surrounds
    Polk CSi5 center
    Polk SC80 rear surrounds