Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited April 2007
    That's not that bad. In NYC it's $3.27 to $3.39 - with some highway "convenience" gas stations charging up to $3.79, but those are the exceptions to the rule.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited April 2007
    It's $2.79 to $2.99 in the DFW area. Down the road from me, it's $2.79. I don't think it will get better before it gets worse.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2007
    Nope, I've heard lots of rumblings of it breaching four bucks over the summer.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited April 2007
    anybody want a 1991 F150?

high mileage, likes gas and long drives on the beach!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TN_Polk_Lover
    TN_Polk_Lover Posts: 243
    edited April 2007
    It's around $2.80 here in middle Tennessee.

Robert
    Robert
    You are officially in the high-end of the deep-end of the top-end.

Bonus Room Over Garage:
    Toshiba 27" CRT TV
    Digital Source: Sony DVP-NS3100ES
    DVR: Panasonic DMR-ES15
    Denon 3806 AV Receiver
    - L/R Preamp out to Parasound HCA-1200 Amp
    Polk RTi70's, CSi40 Center, RTi38 Side Surrounds, RTi38 Back Surrounds

Living Room: (2ch only)
    TV: Sony KV20-FV12
    DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS715P
    Yamaha R9 Receiver Polk RTi38's
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited April 2007
    I think what pisses me off more than the prices, are the lame **** excuses from the oil companies.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2007
    oh, let's not start this again ;) Oil companies and utility companies have the lowest profit margins of all the big players - it's supply and demand. :p

At least it's not over $5 a gallon as is Europe!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2007
    I've always thought gas was WAY underpriced.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited April 2007
    Assume the position, they've got their dicks hard again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited April 2007
    The gas price increases start again...just in time for summer!
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • Serendipity
    edited April 2007
    anybody want a 1991 F150?

high mileage, likes gas and long drives on the beach!

I do - if it's one of the best cared F150's on the road and can be had for less than $3k then yes!
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2007
    I'm finding out just how expensive a Hummer really is.:(

At least I only drive it on the weekends. You guys that have to drive to and from work everyday must be suffering with these prices. I love using county gas!:p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Serendipity
    edited April 2007
    It's around $2.80 here in middle Tennessee.

Robert

Wow that's cheap (relatively).
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited April 2007
    2.90ish around here....

I hate to see summer prices...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Serendipity
    edited April 2007
    2.90ish around here....

I hate to see summer prices...

$2.90 for regular? That's amazingly low compared to the city. In Manhattan, (Lower West Side) I've seen up to $3.39 and some places approaching $3.79!
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2007
    Why would you own a car in Manhattan? Unless you're a limo or taxi driver.

I gotta get my bike running soon. 50+ MPG... um yes.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited April 2007
    I agree with madmax with the pricing. I mean, look what people pay for coffee, bottled water, etc. Do the math and see what that stuff comes out to be. That's what I don't do Starbucks unless it's the only thing around or in the hotel. I'm just as happy with the other stuff. I do buy the occasional bottled water...but the "cheap" stuff. lol
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited April 2007
    My truck broke the 12 mpg barrier today on my trip to pick up my new RTA 11t's from George.

So I am feeling pretty good about that. I usually get 10.8 mpg.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2007
    avguytx wrote: »
    I agree with madmax with the pricing. I mean, look what people pay for coffee, bottled water, etc. Do the math and see what that stuff comes out to be. That's what I don't do Starbucks unless it's the only thing around or in the hotel. I'm just as happy with the other stuff. I do buy the occasional bottled water...but the "cheap" stuff. lol

Exactly! A gallon of starbucks drink is around $20, bottled water around $6 (whatever name brand), $2.50 for a gallon of tea, don't know what milk is but probably $3.

btw, I drink the cheap stuff too but do like to hit the starbucks for mocha frapacino... :)

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited April 2007
    My wife asked me to take her out somewhere expensive last night....so I took her to the gas station.

Actually, here in central PA it's not as bad as a lot of other areas, it's around $2.79/gallon.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited April 2007
    Seems we're on par with NYC in the price dept. $3.35 here in the bay area.
    I hear the comparisons to starbucks etc. but realistically, those are "by choice items"
    nobody is forcing people to buy their coffee at Starbucks.
    But Gas is a different story....try making your own sometime...not easy.
    Hopefully everyone here invested in oil companies back in 2000 when GWB took office,
    and are now enjoying the huge stock market earnings the oil companies all time record profits are providing.

-Luc
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, I was waiting for somebody to blame Bush.

Well he's a lame duck now and the Democrats are in control of both hoses of Congress, which by the way makes our energy policy. Im sure theyll be fixing this problem and gas will be back down to $1.10 in no time.

If you really want to blame somebody, blame anybody who opposes off shore drilling or ANWR drilling. Thats really whos to blame. Not conspiracy theories about Bush.

And while the oil companies are getting record profits, their profit margin is still the same. If you build a widget for $4 and sell it for $6 and all of a sudden your cost goes up to $10 so you sell them for $12, your profits are going to be a whole lot more because youre charging more. However, your still only making $2 a widget.

And if you REALLY want to get pissed at something, consider this. Exxon Mobil makes $.09 on each gallon of gas it sells. The gas station that sells the gas makes about $.10 per gallon. The imperial federal government makes between $.40 and $.50! Then you gotta figure in city, county and state taxes as well.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    Awe 'cmon you guys, the ELECTION IS OVER and the bogus price reduction is OVER!!! So now back to reality. I noticed a month ago that gas went from $2.06 per gal to $2.36 is two weeks, now it is up between $2.79 & $2.99 per gal.

What happened??? THE ELECTION IS OVER AND THE PRICES WENT BACK TO WHAT THEY WERE BEFORE THE LIARS WERE ELECTED!!! **** it only took four months for reality to kick in, the results of this past election means we are F@#k#D unless something good happens in the presidential election like people realizing that the 8 dems bullshitting last week in their "debate" are way off!
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2007
    Get your money back on the back end. Exxon stock is kicking arse.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited April 2007
    it's 2.85ish around here but I have to run premium which means 3.15+. Glad I gassed up at 2.92 the other day and won't need it for another two weeks. lol Civics rule. :D
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited April 2007
    We're paying $2.68 a gallon for regular around here.

Bought a used Dodge Neon, and I'm getting 30+ mpg, so I'm not compaining too much.

Meanwhile, while the US is doing whatever it's doing, the Chinese are busy entrenching themselves on the African continent.
    Now, THERE'S some boys with long-range vision.

:(
    Sal Palooza
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2007
    $2.79 for regular in the Atlanta area.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    trubluluc wrote: »
    Seems we're on par with NYC in the price dept. $3.35 here in the bay area.
    I hear the comparisons to starbucks etc. but realistically, those are "by choice items"
    nobody is forcing people to buy their coffee at Starbucks.
    But Gas is a different story....try making your own sometime...not easy.
    Hopefully everyone here invested in oil companies back in 2000 when GWB took office,
    and are now enjoying the huge stock market earnings the oil companies all time record profits are providing.

-Luc

Are you complaining or bragging that companies in the United States can make huge profits? I feel it is always great for the country when corporations within can make big profits.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2007
    our gas went up a measly .07 overnight again.. it's now $3.25 a gallon. OMFG! someone make it stop.

with a healthy economy that we are enjoying... why are the gas prices moving upward and break neck speed?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited April 2007
    Another thing that irritates the hell out of me is the lame propaganda thrown at us by the media. "Well gas is at all time highs......BUT, aren't you glad you don't live in BFE where the prices are twice what they are here?" I don't give a damn what prices are elsewhere. Quit trying to downplay the prices we are paying by throwing this crap at us!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,