I love the hip hop community!!

ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,502
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
the logic here just blows my mind. this is a great little read :rolleyes:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1.htm
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2007
    I think it is infinitely telling when he states:
    "It's about business, but it's still also a code of ethics."

I guess even morality is all about the Benjamins.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited April 2007
    I agree, in many ways, with the rapper. Eff the police! (except Darla).

Don't trust them at all. (A cop recently robbed, on several occasions, the bank branch where I do my banking.) Besides, the street is like the wild west -- you handle your own business and you protect what's yours. To many youth, cops are simply another gang. 'Eff 'em, I say.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2007
    Typical piece of ****. I deal with mutts like this all the time.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
    Early B. wrote: »

Don't trust them at all. (A cop recently robbed, on several occasions, the bank branch where I do my banking.) Besides, the street is like the wild west -- you handle your own business and you protect what's yours. To many youth, cops are simply another gang. 'Eff 'em, I say.

Watch The Departed one too many times?
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2007

What a sad statement.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2007

I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited April 2007
    Sorry if I insult anyone, but I got to ask, would they squell on a white person?
    Carl

• ohskigod
    edited April 2007
    judging from the statement, probably not. looks like no contact with the police under ANY circumstance.

so basically, if you live in the wrong neighborhood, you have NO RIGHT to police protection. Heck, I might even feel there stance if they did a better job of policing there own affairs
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • jabrax
    jabrax Posts: 315
    edited April 2007
    Am I the only one lost in this thread.....start with an article between obama and lettereman and end up with hip hop and eff the police debate..

Dazed and confused lol
    TV...............Hitachi 42hdS52a plasma (sexy one with the swival)
    Pre/Processor - Emotiva MMC
    Seven Ch AMP - Emotiva LPA
    Fronts - Tyler Acoustics 7U's
    Center - Polk LSIC
    Sub - DSWPRO600
    DAC - Music Hall 25.3CD - Marantz cc4001
    Blue Ray - PS3
    Speaker cables - Audioquest cv4 dbs
    Interconnects - MIT AVT1's
    Power Filter....Monster HTS 3500 MKII
  • ohskigod
    edited April 2007
    link's bringing you somewhere else I guess. Here's the article

PLATINUM SELLING RAPPER TELLS '60 MINUTES': WOULDN'T HELP POLICE CATCH EVEN A SERIAL KILLER BECAUSE IT WOULD HURT HIS BUSINESS AND VIOLATE HIS 'CODE OF ETHICS'
    Thu Apr 19 2007 12:47:1 ET

Rap star Cam'ron says there's no situation -- including a serial killer living next door -- that would cause him to help police in any way, because to do so would hurt his music sales and violate his "code of ethics." Cam'ron, whose real name is Cameron Giles, talks to Anderson Cooper for a report on how the hip-hop culture's message to shun the police has undermined efforts to solve murders across the country. Cooper's report will be broadcast on 60 MINUTES Sunday, April 22 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"If I knew the serial killer was living next door to me?" Giles responds to a hypothetical question posed by Cooper. "I wouldn't call and tell anybody on him -- but I'd probably move," says Giles. "But I'm not going to call and be like,
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited April 2007
    Just waiting to see if Sharpton and Jackson reply to the 60 Minutes interview. My guess is if they do, it won't be close to the pounding they did on Imus. Heaven forbid, those brave courageous Rutgers girls survived that unholy attack he performed on them! :rolleyes:
    No excuses!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2007
    Actually....
    Sharpton and the hip-hop community are engaged in a lil' lover's spat.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2007/04/17/2007-04-17_war_of_words_for_rev_al__rap_execs.html
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • shack
    edited April 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Just waiting to see if Sharpton and Jackson reply to the 60 Minutes interview. My guess is if they do, it won't be close to the pounding they did on Imus. Heaven forbid, those brave courageous Rutgers girls survived that unholy attack he performed on them! :rolleyes:

Seems no one is referring to their situation as a "tragedy" anymore. Interesting how perspective changes, isn't it?

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Early B.
    edited April 2007
    Imagine, for a moment, growing up in this rapper's neighborhood. There are two major dynamics going on when dealing with cops. First, there's the issues of police brutality, harassment, excessive force, imprisoning innocent victims, cops as criminals, etc., that are rampant throughout every major city in the country. Because of this, the lack of trust of police officers is the norm in the 'hood. No doubt. Then there's the issue of retaliation for "ratting" on anyone. In other words, you literally put your life on the line (and the lives of your family) if you snitch. In fact, you have to be extremely careful about being seen talking to a cop. So if both of these dynamics were operating in your neighborhood, what would you do?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Watch The Departed one too many times?

and maybe listening to a little too much NWA as well. . .

Speaking of NWA, was staying "street" a good business decision for Eazy-E (dead), or selling out like Ice Cube (Oshea Jackson) and making millions for cheesy Hollywood movies?

I think Ice Cube being alive and very rich probably shows that "selling out" is the way to go.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
    I'd do what's right and then I'd move, and yes, it is possible.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited April 2007
    It's a big jump from ratting on a friend to not helping with a serial killer. Everyone hates a cop till they need one.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2007
    Well said
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited April 2007
    Eesh, what an idiot.....Good thing he's a platinum artist spreading and perpetuating those "words of wisdom" in front of a national audience :(

For clarification Andy, Eazy E died from AIDs, not from "being gangsta." Last time I checked AIDs doesn't just afflict gangstas, gheys and drug addicts......

I understand what you're trying to say, but to blame an AIDs death on "da street" is ridiculous. I'm sure you can correlate the 2 in a roundabout way (ie: lack of education+ always chasin "hos"+no condom use b/c of lack of education= AIDs) but not directly....

Anyhoo.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • shack
    edited April 2007
    It's obvious that the "rapper's neighborhoods" will only continue their downward spial when the so called role models who are able to get out because of their success do nothing but perpetuate the climate of hate and lawlessness.

Of course it is that perpetuation of the "norm" that makes them their money.

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2007
    903503596_l.gif
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited April 2007
    I like Cam'ron, not sure if I agree with everything he says from an intellectual stand point. I guess when you grew up like allot of these rappers you feel like there is a code to the streets. So in a way I can relate, I wouldnt rat on anyone either. So from his point of view on life, he just makes money, drive murcielagos, and wears 200 million in diamonds. Dipset all day.........check out his music.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2007
    If they don't want to help the police and the murders are increasing in their neighborhoods with no closed cases due to lack of cooperation...? I am not really seeing a growth industry here.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Early B.
    edited April 2007
    If they don't want to help the police and the murders are increasing in their neighborhoods with no closed cases due to lack of cooperation...? I am not really seeing a growth industry here.

Agreed.

It's also a cop-out (pun intended -- haha) to blame the victim because that doesn't solve the problem. So what do you offer people who appear trapped in a hopeless situation? Ah, my friend, the answer lies in the question...

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited April 2007

Hopefully all the "gangstas" will take them selves out sometime soon......For some reason, a bunch of rich suburban kids now think it is cool to act like a thug....Tell me the commercialization of that lifestyle had nothing to do with it...It is a shame to see how much people set themselves back....
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Eesh, what an idiot.....Good thing he's a platinum artist spreading and perpetuating those "words of wisdom" in front of a national audience :(

For clarification Andy, Eazy E died from AIDs, not from "being gangsta." Last time I checked AIDs doesn't just afflict gangstas, gheys and drug addicts......

I understand what you're trying to say, but to blame an AIDs death on "da street" is ridiculous. I'm sure you can correlate the 2 in a roundabout way (ie: lack of education+ always chasin "hos"+no condom use b/c of lack of education= AIDs) but not directly....

Anyhoo.

I don't think he was blaming it on "da streets"........I think he was referring to what you said in the last couple of sentences of your post.....No education is a **** excuse in my opinion, when he was "bangin hos" the AIDS scare was rampant and promoting safe sex was everywhere, not just in school. His death was also portrayed as "gangsta", he went out "thugin it up and bangin hos", not being used as an example of what can happen to you living that type of lifestyle........
  • ohskigod
    edited April 2007
    Agreed.

It's also a cop-out (pun intended -- haha) to blame the victim because that doesn't solve the problem. So what do you offer people who appear trapped in a hopeless situation? Ah, my friend, the answer lies in the question...

wouldnt call it a cop out. if the "victim" is not taking proactive steps to get out of the situation (i.e. MOVE!!!!!), then he is responsible for it.

I dont believe in counting on other people to get me out of trouble. The onus of my well being and safety rests ultimatly with me. Not that the Police and what not arent effective tools (at least in my eyes) to assist me in that quest, but if you solely count on the government for your safety and well being, then your effed. plain and simple.

the "victims" will do what they have to do if the juice is worth the squeeze so to speak. If there content living in that situation, then there not going to move (or at least go through what is certainly an immense task to do so)
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited April 2007
    'hiphop community' is an oxymoron. :rolleyes:
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited April 2007
    I'd luv to jump in this one, but I'll shut the hell up.;)
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2007
    I remember when NWA and the likes were first coming out. Me and all my friends couldnt figure out how one song was talking about the cops always harassing them, then the next song was about dealing drugs, shooting up malls and killing people. Sounds like the cops are "harassing" the right people!!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    What a bunch of crap.

I am SO sick and goddamn tired of the POLICE being blamed for the actions of a bunch of lowlife f&*king scumbags.

It's a crock of shiite. 95% of the population is able to live in relative peace and we want to rationalize and defend the actions of a bunch of barbarians? ****. I'm sorry, the world ain't friggin' fair. It's less fair to some than others. That's the way it is, I'm sorry but you know what? Get over it. LOTS of people do and don't use it as an excuse to live like barbarians. Lots of people overcome obstacles of all sorts and better thier situation.

If we ever want to solve problems we need to stop whining. Stop crying, stop blaming. Take responsibility for YOU and yours.

Early, it's people who think like you that guarantee that things won't improve for some people. If you don't believe that people can be better and just accept the status quo, you need to pull your head out of your ****.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut