Playoff Time!

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    He probably would have been given more if it wasn't the playoffs.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited June 2007
    Pronger deserved what he got and ottawa deserved the win.

off topic yet..., GV#27 has 666 posts and tommyboy has 777 both posts next to each other, Maybe we'll see a double hat trick tomorrow!!!
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited June 2007
    1 - 0 Sens. They are getting great help from the officials, two obvious dives (Neil & Emery) and two penalties for the Ducks. If they keep this up, Anaheim has no chance. Sens have played better but the bad calls have kept the Ducks from gaining momentum. It'll be interesting second period to see how they respond.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    Man, screw Ottawa, this is hockey, not Italian soccer. I've lost all respect for that team. First all the diving and then Alfredson trying to injur Neidermeyer.

Effin dirtbags...

GO DUCKS!!!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Systems
    edited June 2007
    Hard to say if he was trying but he sure did hit him.The third period should be good.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2007
    Image that. Anaheim fans getting a taste of their own medicine.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • jdhdiggs
    edited June 2007
    Hard to say? What game are you watching? He got ready to dump it in, looked up at the clock, found Neidermeyer, and then fired it right at him and hit him in the thigh.

BTW, that was a kicked in goal. Total BS...

Oh, and when Don Cherry turns on the Canadian team, you know they're not playing the game the right way.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Sami
    edited June 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    Image that. Anaheim fans getting a taste of their own medicine.
    Yep, and to be fair it should be a one game suspension for Alfie. :)

Someone must have said something to Koharski and co. Emery didn't get the call this period. LOL.
  • Systems
    edited June 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Hard to say? What game are you watching? He got ready to dump it in, looked up at the clock, found Neidermeyer, and then fired it right at him and hit him in the thigh.
    I dont know because sometimes he can't hit the net from 5 feet away.;)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited June 2007

Oh, and when Don Cherry turns on the Canadian team, you know they're not playing the game the right way.
    Both teams are made up of mostly Canadians.Fisher and Perry are from my home town though Im not much of a Perry fan.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited June 2007
    I'll get my say in it. For those who watching the game in intermission knows what I'm talking about.

1. That puck was kicked in(You guys remember sidney crosby's "kick in" was disallowed, how the hell did they allow this one)

2. Diving is one of the biggest problems with hockey, and Ottawa is taking complete advantage of it. I want to see more diving calls, and when they calll them, do not call the other guy with tripping etc.

3. It looks to me allfreson was just shooting it with seconds left. neidemayor(can't spell) should have gotten out of the way.

4. I think fighting is is a waste. I'd say its a small step down from WWF.

5.Don Cherry is old!
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • jdhdiggs
    edited June 2007
    GV#27 wrote: »
    I dont know because sometimes he can't hit the net from 5 feet away.;)

Hence why he's the leading scorer in the playoffs? ;)

Giggy's the man...
  • Systems
    edited June 2007
    Hence why he's the leading scorer in the playoffs? ;)
    Good point .

This was the game Sens should have won with home ice and no Pronger,but I think the Duckies are too much for them.:(Unfortunately I think Anaslime will hoist the cup.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jdhdiggs
    edited June 2007
    I think the Sens are getting too hung up on how the Ducks play. When my Avs (Stolen from Quebec I'll admit) the only reason they won was they (Specificall Claude Lemuex) got in Detroit's heads and got them to stop playing their game and start trying to change how they were playing to meet the other style. It killed them and it just killed the Sens.

When the refs go to the tape and see the two dives, the cheap shot/s, and the kicked in goal, the Sens will no longer get any of the iffy calls. Add that too Giggy's play and the cup is as good as won to the stupid team in Southern California.... Which sucks...
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited June 2007

BTW, that was a kicked in goal. Total BS...

LLLOLOLOLOOLOOLOOLOLO

The Ducks are the dirtiest team in the league...karma is a bich
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • jdhdiggs
    edited June 2007
    If Karma's a ****, how come the Ducks are going to win the cup? THe Sens couldn't win at home with the refs trying to give them the game and now you expect them to win 3 straight? Yeah right! :rolleyes:
  • Sami
    edited June 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    The Ducks are the dirtiest team in the league...karma is a bich
    LOL. They are dirty because they play and hit hard? Isn't that Canadian hockey? North Americans have always loved dirty play so what's the big deal?

The only player that has been dirty in this series is Pronger. Neil is no saint either, all in all I think the dirty stuff has been pretty even thanks to Alfie now.
  • krabby5
    edited June 2007
    If Karma's a ****, how come the Ducks are going to win the cup? THe Sens couldn't win at home with the refs trying to give them the game and now you expect them to win 3 straight? Yeah right! :rolleyes:

no..I don't expect the Sens to win 3 straight..in fact, i picked the Ducks to win it all before they playing the first round against my wild...I was referring to the cheapshot..the same cheapshots that the Ducks like dishing out..

I just hope Brad May doesn't retire so he can get his arse kicked by Derek Bougaard next year..
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • krabby5
    edited June 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    LOL. They are dirty because they play and hit hard? Isn't that Canadian hockey? North Americans have always loved dirty play so what's the big deal?

The only player that has been dirty in this series is Pronger. Neil is no saint either, all in all I think the dirty stuff has been pretty even thanks to Alfie now.

no..they are dirty because when things aren't going their way, they resort to goonery...they led the league in penalty minutes this year..

and don't forget about Brad May..the class-act that he is..
  • jdhdiggs
    edited June 2007
    There's also a difference between being hardnosed, chippy, playing to the whistle and then some type team (Ducks) and being a bunch of pussified prima donnas flopping around on the ice and taking blatent cheapshots (Sens).

Prongers hit was dirty but there were other hits in that game that were just as bad but didn't result in an injury (which was the only reason Pronger got suspended)

I don't know, perhaps I was just expecting too much from the Sens. I expected the Ducks to play chippy, but the Sens following suit? Kind of sad.
  • krabby5
    edited June 2007
    There's also a difference between being hardnosed, chippy, playing to the whistle and then some type team (Ducks) and being a bunch of pussified prima donnas flopping around on the ice and taking blatent cheapshots (Sens).

Prongers hit was dirty but there were other hits in that game that were just as bad but didn't result in an injury (which was the only reason Pronger got suspended)

I don't know, perhaps I was just expecting too much from the Sens. I expected the Ducks to play chippy, but the Sens following suit? Kind of sad.

I agree...the Ducks play hard-nosed...they use their size like they should..In fact, the pronger hit almost looked like it was the result of him just being so fricken tall..not trying to be dirty..his elbow was just at the same height as the guy's head..

I just don't think the Ducks have to be so chippy and cheap after whistles or if they happen to be getting beat badly in a game..they are a good enough team as it is..built for the playoffs
  • Sami
    edited June 2007
    AAANAHEIM! Congrats to Ducks and especially #8.
  • Systems
    edited June 2007
    Yes congrats to them they were by far the better team.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    edited June 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    Like I said, Selanne scares me. I can see the series developing.

Congrats to the Ducks. There were the better team for sure. I still think Selanne should have won the CST.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • tommyboy
    edited June 2007
    Congrats to the Ducks. I'm really hoping though that the people in Anaheim will really care.... I would hate to see a team work so hard to win a cup where the town really doesn't give a ****. People in L.A and anaheim, let us know how the celebration is. I'll just say when the pens won the cups in the early 90s, It was absolutely crazy here (I barely remember, I know mostly from stories and tv coverage). I want to see no different in anaheim....
  • janmike
    edited June 2007
    tommyboy wrote: »
    Congrats to the Ducks. I'm really hoping though that the people in Anaheim will really care.... I would hate to see a team work so hard to win a cup where the town really doesn't give a ****. People in L.A and anaheim, let us know how the celebration is. I'll just say when the pens won the cups in the early 90s, It was absolutely crazy here (I barely remember, I know mostly from stories and tv coverage). I want to see no different in anaheim....

It will most likely be old news a couple of days. Sad, but probably true.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • krabby5
    edited June 2007
    tommyboy wrote: »

damn you...that was against my North Stars:mad:

fun times though..I was about 20-21 years old
  • C J T
    C J T Posts: 127
    edited June 2007
    It is insult to injury, salt in the wounds, to see Chris **** Pronger lift the cup, as an Edmonton Oiler fan. Rot in hell Mr. Pronger and more specifically, wife Lauren Pronger.
    RTI 12 fronts
    RTI 8 rears
    RTI 6 sides
    CSI 5 center

HSU STF 3 sub
    Panny 42" plasma
    Denon 3805 receiver
    Behringer EP1500 amp
    Denon 2910 DVD
    Oppo 980H DVD
    Oppo HM-31 HDMI switcher
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited June 2007
    Watched from one of my favoirite watering holes. The place was on fire!

I belive the parade is this Saturday and as stated, really hope the fans get behind Anaheim and this will bolster our fan base. I've never seen the cup in person and can't wait to see it up close!

While I support Anaheim as I'm local, I'll always root for the team of my roots... Go Blackhawks!!!
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • tommyboy
    edited June 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    damn you...that was against my North Stars:mad:

fun times though..I was about 20-21 years old

This is how kevin stevens and Trottier thought of bellows and the North Stars!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tmppE-SlBGw (warning, this is not kids or work safe)