Playoff Time!

Comments

• tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited May 2007
    Well willow,

looks like it might finally be the time the sens head to the finals... I knew the sens were good, but I never thought they would destroy pittsburgh, NJ, and go up 2-0 against buffalo:eek: . Lets see if they can pull off another two wins.

I want to see ottawa and anaheim in the finals.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    Statistics show that in a year that ends in 7, either Detroit or a Canadian team has won the Stanely Cup. The Sens wasted no time getting past Crosby and crew (no surprise there), then NJ and now lead Buffalo 2-0. Buffalo is one team I have always hated. Nothing would make me happier than to see Buffalo bow out 4-0. That would be heaven.

GO SENS GO!
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • janmike
    edited May 2007
    Ottawa 1
    Buffalo 0

One win away from an appearance in the Stanley Cup.

GO SENS GO
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2007
    Wow I didn't see this coming.I thought this series would be back and forth and go 6 or 7 but Ottawa is playing much better as a team.
    Hopefully they will bring the cup home to Canada.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    edited May 2007
    OTTAWA

STANLEY CUP

BOUND

YA BABY!
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    Damn I missed the game.Didn't know it was an afternoon game.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    edited May 2007
    How the hell could you miss that other than being asleep or dead.
    And to top it off I watched the Canada/Russia '72 movie. Really bad movie but the thought was there.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    How the hell could you miss that other than being asleep or dead.
    And to top it off I watched the Canada/Russia '72 movie. Really bad movie but the thought was there.
    Because foolish me was thinking saturday night game not afternoon(to appease viewers in another geographical area):D

I saw two minutes of the 72 movie but then lost interest.I would rather see a replay of the real thing.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    edited May 2007
    Those Saturday afternoon games can really screw you up. Usually it's a Sunday for any matinee games. When the Stanley Cup starts, I'll let you know if there are any odd times in the mix. You will not want to miss any of those.

Well, 2 minutes should have done me in as well but it was nostalgic to hear Foster Hewitt's voice again as I remember that day like it was yesterday. The entire school of 1500 students was shut down to watch the game. Pure pandemonium.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    when the Stanley Cup starts, I'll let you know if there are any odd times in the mix. You will not want to miss any of those.

Well, 2 minutes should have done me in as well but it was nostalgic to hear Foster Hewitt's voice again as I remember that day like it was yesterday. The entire school of 1500 students was shut down to watch the game. Pure pandemonium.
    Thanks,I don't want to miss a game as it should great hockey with the Sen's playing either Detroit or the Ducks.

I too can remember watching the 72 series in the class room on those old black and white beasts.Fosters call on the Henderson goal is classic.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • tommyboy
    edited May 2007
    Congrats to the sens, Lets see if they can get the cup.

So janmike, who would rather play in the finals?
  • janmike
    edited May 2007
    The Wings and Ducks finished 1 & 2 respectfully in the Western Conference and are very evenly matched teams. I would not be surprised to see that go 7.

Which one? Good question. The Wings are experienced and their play is very methodical. The Ducks are strong and young and are fueled by the relentless energy of Selanne. He scares me and is very uncharacteristic of European players. On paper the Sens should be able to handle either one, but must remain healthy, especially the main line. Then again, it is the Playoffs.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2007
    I watched what I could while I was working today. Wow, the last couple minutes of regulation was exciting! I hate the Red Wings, so I totally loved it, and immediately went to rub it in my Wing-loving friend's face. :D
  • janmike
    edited May 2007
    Like I said, Selanne scares me. I can see the series developing.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • janmike
    edited May 2007
    The Sens and the Duck. Should be a good one.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    The Sens and the Duck. Should be a good one.
    Yes it should be.I hope the Sens can do it.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • C J T
    C J T Posts: 127
    edited May 2007
    As an Oiler fan, I am not sure what is worse...seeing Pronger or Comrie lift the cup. I say Go SEns. I hate Pronger's guts.
    RTI 12 fronts
    RTI 8 rears
    RTI 6 sides
    CSI 5 center

HSU STF 3 sub
    Panny 42" plasma
    Denon 3805 receiver
    Behringer EP1500 amp
    Denon 2910 DVD
    Oppo 980H DVD
    Oppo HM-31 HDMI switcher
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited May 2007
    Every game night they have blocked off one of the busiest streets in the city it's been named the RedMile. We found out today there are going to be jumbotrons at 4 different places within the downtown core.
    It's going to be kick ****!
    I would go to the games cept they want 100$ for standing room. I'll plop my butt down on the couch for free and watch in in HD !
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited May 2007
    Hmm, classic battle of great goalie against great team.... Hat to rout against Giguare, but GO SENS!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    C J T wrote: »
    I hate Pronger's guts.
    He is a great player but he is dirty and an arrogant SOB.I think I actually like Sean Avery better that Pronger.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited May 2007
    GV#27 wrote: »
    He is a great player but he is dirty and an arrogant SOB.I think I actually like Sean Avery better that Pronger.

Nothing Neil can't take care of...and if all else fails there's what's his name McGrattan..
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    Willow wrote: »
    Nothing Neil can't take care of...and if all else fails there's what's his name McGrattan..
    I would love to see McGratton give Prongsy a taste of his own medicine.:D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sterling bug
    sterling bug Posts: 228
    edited May 2007
    should be a ratings winner up there north of the border. Down here it will be a ratings killer. No one cares for hockey in the states. This is sad because hockey is the greatest sport on the planet that happens to be run by Count Chocula. Oh yeah, I hate my favorite team(Blackhawks). Can't say I would be upset if old man Wirtz kicked the bucket, we need a new frickin owner. He can take Pulford with him. Go SENS! I picked them over Detroit before the playoffs, almost got it right.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited May 2007
    GV#27 wrote: »

and Carlisle is a coach who encourages the Ducks dirty play...I wish someone would knock that smug look off of his face soon..

Ever since they destroyed my Wild team, I really grew to hate the Ducks...They were by far the better team, but they were also very dirty and pretty much resorted to goonery when they happened to get their a$$ handed to them in one game (this after they were winning 3 games to none)

When asked about a sucker-punch one of his Ducks threw at a Wild player at the end of that game, Carlisle accused the Wild player of playing possum...funny..he actually spent the night in a hospital while the gutless Duck gets suspended so he doesn't have to get his a$$ kicked by Bougaard:mad:

yeah..I'm still bitter:D
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    should be a ratings winner up there north of the border. Down here it will be a ratings killer. No one cares for hockey in the states.
    Yes with a Canadian team with a chance it will be of greater interest up here for sure.

The NHL has been trying hard the last few years to sell the game in the US but it seems like a waisted effort because except for a few excellent hockey cities (mostly original 6 teams) the interest is low.
    Oh yeah, I hate my favorite team(Blackhawks). Can't say I would be upset if old man Wirtz kicked the bucket, we need a new frickin owner. He can take Pulford with him. Go SENS! I picked them over Detroit before the playoffs, almost got it right.
    It would be great to see the Hawks get back on track and have a competitive team again.Next year they might have Jonathon Teowes in the line up.He is a good one.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    ..I wish someone would knock that smug look off of his face soon..
    I think the Sen's hoisting the cup just might have that effect.;)

Sorry about your Wild.I wish Lemaire sucess as he was one of my favorite players to watch when I was growing up.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    edited May 2007
    It only has substance in US cities when they are winning. Examples:

Gordie Howe - Detroit
    Bobby Hull - Chicago
    Wayne Gretzky - Los Angeles
    Mario Lemeuix - Pittsburgh
    Sidney Crosby - Pittsburgh
    Mark Messier - New York Rangers
    Bobby Orr - Boston
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited May 2007
    hope this doesn't jinx it for me....

I have a chance of going to the finals this Monday! I've never been to the finals and really hope this works out.

While the Blackhawks will always be my team... Go Ducks!
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • tommyboy
    edited May 2007
    I was curious to see last time a team was so dominant in the first three rounds fared in the cup finals. I looked it up on wiki and the last team to go to the cup finals going 5 games or less(per series) was the philadelphia flyers in 1997. And as some of you know, the flyers were swept in the cup finals... Lets hope ottawa doesn't suffer the same fate.

Tough loss though letting a goal go in with 3 minutes left. I'm kind of glad to see ottawa seems to have some competition in the playoffs, I'd love to see this go 7 games.

Note: For those who care, the buffalo sabres actually had the same record as ottawa(12-3) going into the cup finals in 1999. The difference is the swept a team and went 6 games with another... They still lost the finals in 6 games against the dallas stars(Brett Hull's foot was in the crease!;) ).
  • janmike
    edited May 2007
    That was a tough one for sure. I thought Ottawa looked very sluggish and we will have see if things change for game 2. I sure hope so.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°