Playoff Time!

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2007
    tommyboy wrote: »
    ... They still lost the finals in 6 games against the dallas stars(Brett Hull's foot was in the crease!;) ).
    Yep the Sabres got jobbed on that one.:D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • C J T
    C J T Posts: 127
    edited May 2007
    Ya know...even the biggest hockey fan in the world like myself..I do not care who wins. Both teams have no history, no fan following...and as an Oiler fan, i dispise Chris Pronger and Mike Comrie. This is the most uninteresting Stanley Cup Final in history.
    RTI 12 fronts
    RTI 8 rears
    RTI 6 sides
    CSI 5 center

HSU STF 3 sub
    Panny 42" plasma
    Denon 3805 receiver
    Behringer EP1500 amp
    Denon 2910 DVD
    Oppo 980H DVD
    Oppo HM-31 HDMI switcher
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited May 2007
    C J T wrote: »
    Ya know...even the biggest hockey fan in the world like myself..I do not care who wins. Both teams have no history, no fan following...and as an Oiler fan, i dispise Chris Pronger and Mike Comrie. This is the most uninteresting Stanley Cup Final in history.

Wow probably cause your tema isn't in it! Ottawa is almost tied with Toronto in terms of Canada's main team they said TO was 47% and Ottawa 46%. Maybe in your neck of the woods but even TO fans are now supporting the Sens.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    The Sens have a huge following and have for years.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    Willow wrote: »
    Ottawa is almost tied with Toronto in terms of Canada's main team they said TO was 47% and Ottawa 46%.
    Hummm I wonder where my team the Habs rate in this?:rolleyes:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • C J T
    edited May 2007
    Sorry dudes but you are Bandwagon jumpers. Like most people I know out west here who are Canuck fans. Only when they are winning. Sens are the most unpopular team in Canada hands friggin down.
    RTI 12 fronts
    RTI 8 rears
    RTI 6 sides
    CSI 5 center

HSU STF 3 sub
    Panny 42" plasma
    Denon 3805 receiver
    Behringer EP1500 amp
    Denon 2910 DVD
    Oppo 980H DVD
    Oppo HM-31 HDMI switcher
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited May 2007

Yeah, right. Any true hockey fan would watch these finals because for once it's a very interesting matchup. The first game was very entertaining and full of action. It's certainly much more interesting than last years and like yourself, I'm an Oiler fan so it does hurt me to say it (the glory years are 20 years behind and most likely will never come back, at least not in that magnitude). It was so much fun to watch "the Grate One" play, not to be confused with his linemate "the Great One" who also was a pretty decent hockey player. :)
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Any true hockey fan would watch these finals because for once it's a very interesting matchup. :)
    exactly,two skilled and evenly matched teams should make this a great series for the true fan to watch.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited May 2007
    I made it to the game Monday!

I had such a good time it is difficult to even begin to describe it... I have much to learn about this sport. The opening was really cool with some history about the cup and awesome footage of the early days.

Watching the line changes, hearing the sounds of shots of being made, blocked and... well you know.

My friend has season tickets and his girl friend offered her ticket so I could go. She'll be attending the remaining home games and acted like it was no big deal for her. I know this is not the case and it meant a lot to me that she would give up her ticket so I could experience game one of the finals.

Looking forward to tomorrow!
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • Willow
    edited May 2007
    Sorry dudes but you are Bandwagon jumpers. Like most people I know out west here who are Canuck fans. Only when they are winning. Sens are the most unpopular team in Canada hands friggin down.

Nope been a sens fan since they started back up. I wasn't around the first time they were around.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited May 2007

Most unpopular:rolleyes: . Maybe true, but maybe these people are "bandwagon jumpers" because their team were created in 1993 instead of 1903... To say that ottawa(or canada) doesn't care about the senators is utterly ridiculous.

On the other hand.I still don't understand why two cities 20 miles from eachother in SOUTHERN california get of all things, a hockey team. But two great hockey cities like quebec and winnepeg get robbed...
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    Looks like our friends up North might get the Predators.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Sami
    edited May 2007
    On the other hand.I still don't understand why two cities 20 miles from eachother in SOUTHERN california get of all things, a hockey team. But two great hockey cities like quebec and winnepeg get robbed...
    What is there to understand? Money. I don't know if the Jets are doing any better financially in Phoenix but the money is there if the interest picks up. Huge if.
  • Willow
    edited May 2007

Sorry dude , but I think YOU are the WORST hockey fan....hands friggin down!
  • janmike
    edited May 2007
    Willow wrote: »
    Sorry dude , but I think YOU are the WORST hockey fan....hands friggin down!

Right on Willow. Totally agreed.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • C J T
    edited May 2007
    My opinion guys. I am pulling for the Sens. I like the team. That does not make them popular. I was responding to a post regarding the popularity of this year's final. The ratings will be low.This is what the masses are saying, people on TSN, Sportsnet...As the centre of the hockey universe is Toronto, which i hate to admit, they hate the Sens. They have a history of choking and being soft come playoff time. i hope they pull through. I am Canadian. I will cheer for the Canadian team. Relax guys.
    RTI 12 fronts
    RTI 8 rears
    RTI 6 sides
    CSI 5 center

HSU STF 3 sub
    Panny 42" plasma
    Denon 3805 receiver
    Behringer EP1500 amp
    Denon 2910 DVD
    Oppo 980H DVD
    Oppo HM-31 HDMI switcher
  • janmike
    edited May 2007
    Much better approach.
    Here’s the way it is. I have been watching hockey since I was a toddler. Probably watching it for 47 years. It’s what we do here. I am going back to the old days with 6 teams. I grew up in Toronto and Saturday night was hockey night. End of story. Today it is a lot different. Still it’s hockey and it’s Canada. Sure the Leafs are not playing and they do not deserve to be playing and nor do the other Canadian teams. They were not good enough this year. But you can be your **** that I am not alone when I say that I want the Cup to stay here. It’s all about pride and being patriotic which is so **** scare in this country it is pathetic. Walk into a bar and shout that you hate Canada. People will look the other way. Pull that stunt in the USA and your dead and rightfully so. That is called pride. We have changed the values in this country to the point that people do not even recognize the Canadian flag. And I am not about to go into the reasons why, it just makes me sick. I was born in this country and will stick with it to the very end. Any true Canadian hockey fan would stick with the Canadian team right to the bitter end. I take time off of work to watch Team Canada. Sure we all have our favourites but in the end there is only one question. Are you Canadian or not. You may not like my opinion or share my extreme patronage, but this is what truly makes a proud Canadian and not some mere imitation or part-timer. GO SENS GO.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • tommyboy
    edited May 2007
    Well, we should all understand one thing right now. There is no denying anaheim easily deserves their 2-0 lead in the series. Where is the ottawa team that stormed through the eastern conference?

The only good thing ottawa has going for them is even though they played really sluggish in the first two games, they somehow only lost by a goal each game. So if my calculations are correct;) , and they play their A game, the sens should have no problem dominating the ducks. But we'll see...
  • Systems
    edited May 2007
    The only good thing ottawa has going for them is even though they played really sluggish in the first two games, they somehow only lost by a goal each game.
    Only because of the stellar play of Ray Emery,he was a question mark going in but now the rest of the boys have to get their butts in gear.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    edited May 2007
    Well, we should all understand one thing right now. There is no denying anaheim easily deserves their 2-0 lead in the series. Where is the ottawa team that stormed through the eastern conference?

The only good thing ottawa has going for them is even though they played really sluggish in the first two games, they somehow only lost by a goal each game. So if my calculations are correct;) , and they play their A game, the sens should have no problem dominating the ducks. But we'll see...

No doubt in that. Ottawa did not even show up for the first 2 games. Things have to change back in Ottawa.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • Sami
    edited May 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    No doubt in that. Ottawa did not even show up for the first 2 games. Things have to change back in Ottawa.

They didn't show up because Anaheim didn't let them. The physical play and puck control Ducks showed is the reason why Ottawa isn't playing well.

Despite the 1-0 score it was a very entertaining game once again.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited May 2007
    janmike wrote: »

They showed up...the Ducks are just a better team right now...and i hate the Ducks..friggin goons:o
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Sami
    edited June 2007
    Hopefully the bad call on Sens 3rd goal doesn't cause "no goal" effect in Anaheim.
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited June 2007
    Are you kidding me, I think I just saw 5 goals in 1 period.:eek: :cool:

WOW. Go Ottawa
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • janmike
    edited June 2007
    Well, it's a start. Nice win Ottawa. They need to win game 4 as well to get back in it. I hope they review the hit by Pronger and he gets suspended again. F6&K#n) GOON!
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • Willow
    edited June 2007
    23K @ ScotiaBank place and 10k outside watching the game @ city hall.

Go Sens Go
  • janmike
    edited June 2007
    That is awesome. Party time tonight in downtown Ottawa.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • tommyboy
    edited June 2007
    Congrats ottawa, good luck in game 4.
  • Systems
    edited June 2007
    Yahoo,Pronger suspended for game 4,looks good on his sorry goon ****.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    edited June 2007
    Right on! He should be lucky he only recieved one game.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°