Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,325
    CGTIII wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That blue and green backlighting is very intoxicating for sure. If I had the bank I'd be staring at it nightly.

Wonder if anyone has converted these to amber. >:)

GTFOOH :D
  • verbverb Posts: 10,282
    That blue and green backlighting is very intoxicating for sure. If I had the bank I'd be staring at it nightly.

Wonder if anyone has converted these to amber. >:)

GTFOOH :D

Lol! Had to look it up! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,325
    we'll bring you into the modern ages yet Dave. Before you know it you'll be in sandles and driving a VW beetle.... Wait you look more like a VW thing kind of guy ...

• halohalo Posts: 5,589
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Buyer beware - Jimmy Carter poster on the wall....

He's done a lot for habitat for humanity and, this is not a political forum.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,915
    halo wrote: »

He's done a lot for habitat for humanity and, this is not a political forum.

So now even the mere mention of a picture of a former president hanging on the wall is political discourse? Glad you will never be a moderator...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • halohalo Posts: 5,589
    I see nothing to worry about. Just means the price is inflated and he’s a little nuts.
    Should be Nixon bowling, eh? B)
    So now even the mere mention of a picture of a former president hanging on the wall is political discourse? Glad you will never be a moderator...

Jimmy Carter - Politician

Price is inflated and he's a little nuts - your opinion of a politician and the guy selling the speakers

Richard Nixon - Politician (deceased)

I don't recall applying to be a moderator of the forum or volunteering for it either, so, you can rest assured that I will not be a moderator here on this forum (somewhere else, maybe? :p ).
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,895
    Buyer beware - Jimmy Carter poster on the wall...

Not political at all. Simply stating the risk of buying something from a stranger based on home decor choices. That’s all.
    Calm down Francis.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT - Parasound P6 - Parasound A21+ - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u

HT - Panasonic BDP/Tivo Bolt - Marantz SR5013 - Def tech C and In ceiling - Sony XBR 75"
    Btw... Jimmy was a peanut farmer... little nuts, get it? :p;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

• Tony MTony M Posts: 9,396
    edited August 2019

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ele/d/redondo-beach-pioneer-m91/6947504545.html

I hope they let that Pioneer Amp breath while in use but it doesn't look like it.

It looks like it was smothered by those magazines and TT. :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,676

Good deal! I'd figure out how to get a hold of it if I didn't have a kiddo on the way... Darn.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    Hard to beat that deal.
    edited August 2019
    Not much of a deal on the Sunfire... it is not a Signature and is only 225/channel. The ICE amps in a Pioneer receiver sound better than this one, and it will need a recap soon to boot.

• verbverb Posts: 10,282
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Maybe you can work out delivery...

• BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,280
    THE "ACROPOLIS" Speaker System
    Located in Sea Island GA. Massive Speakers - $29K/Offers Accepted
    No Affiliation.

The young man is 6 feet 3 inches tall. Speakers weigh 700 pounds each.
    Manual included it says.

40c1p0wv5i5b.jpg
    8gaxppyycshr.jpg

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649489199-the-acropolis-speaker-system-linn-audio-of-new-hampshire/
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,759
    THE "ACROPOLIS" Speaker System
    Located in Sea Island GA. Massive Speakers - $29K/Offers Accepted
    No Affiliation.

The young man is 6 feet 3 inches tall. Speakers weigh 700 pounds each.
    Manual included it says.

40c1p0wv5i5b.jpg
    8gaxppyycshr.jpg

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649489199-the-acropolis-speaker-system-linn-audio-of-new-hampshire/

I'll take two, they're small. ;)
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,403
    I would question why he needed a subwoofer with them,
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse RCA, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R,Wireworld Silver Eclipse SC, Tyler Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Aries Mini, W4S recovery, LKS MH-da004,

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,403
    https://facebook.com/marketplace/item/313563199306471/

Up for sale is a very nice Audiophile grade stereo setup. Threshold 400A class A amplifier. Rated at 100 wpc @ 8 ohms. Will run 4 ohm speakers no problem. This is a classic amplifier designed by Nelson Pass before he left Threshold and went on to create Pass Labs. It has been recapped and cleaned thoroughly within the last year and a half. All meter LEDs work perfectly as well. Has a few minor blemishes but nothing serious or very noticeable. Sounds very good. Very good soundstage with this amp. A warm sounding amp as well. Paired with it is a very very nice set of Dahlquist DQ 10's. They have been refoamed, recapped and mirror imaged. They have the ST-10 stands(the more desirable stands) which are in excellent shape too. Also, the rare DQ 1W sub is included with the DQ MX1 crossover. The sub has been refoamed and is in excellent shape. Almost mint. Same for the crossover. The DQ 10's have one minor snag on one of the grills but not bad at all. Hardly noticeable. These speakers are legendary in HiFi. Open baffle phased array. The soundstage these present is amazing. Very good imaging as well. The Threshold makes them sound even more amazing. Last, is a good preamp. It's an Audio Refinement Pre2 DSP. YBA makes these as their affordable line. YBA makes really high end gear. This preamp was around $1400 new in 2003. It is 5.1 capable but performs very well as a 2 channel preamp. Very neutral sounding preamp. Has bypass mode to bypass all the circuitry. I do have the manual for it as I do for the Dahlquist's, sub and crossover. Have all the documentation for the Dahlquist's actually. Even the original sales receipt. If this setup is bought all together I will throw in a Music Hall 15.2 dac and a brand new pair of Audioquest Evergreen RCA cables. Dac is 24/96 with usb, toslink and coax inputs. Almost a $400 value for the dac and Audioquest. Everything is in excellent to near mint condition. I will demo this setup for anyone interested. Bring your own tunes, CD, USB drive or vinyl. I'll let an interested buyer even bring beer or coffee and listen extensively if they wish. Btw, for the preamp, I don't have the remote but a harmony remote works perfectly. It's what I use.

On facebook for $2400. Looks like a good deal to me.
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse RCA, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R,Wireworld Silver Eclipse SC, Tyler Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Aries Mini, W4S recovery, LKS MH-da004,

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,396
    edited August 2019
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,328
    Now -- I don't know if this is a great deal or not, but -- especially in the context of the recent Adorama Polk Blowout, and in some of the discussion about pricing strategy and value in the Polk "Legend Series" thread -- it seemed worthy of mention.

61sst3tnpyxw.png

https://www.musicdirect.com/Search?category=ELAC%20Adante%20Series&specials=On%20Sale&sort=popularity|DESC&page=1&pagesize=24&c1=tab-products&c2=grid
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Now -- I don't know if this is a great deal or not, but -- especially in the context of the recent Adorama Polk Blowout, and in some of the discussion about pricing strategy and value in the Polk "Legend Series" thread -- it seemed worthy of mention.

61sst3tnpyxw.png

https://www.musicdirect.com/Search?category=ELAC%20Adante%20Series&specials=On%20Sale&sort=popularity|DESC&page=1&pagesize=24&c1=tab-products&c2=grid
    Just saw this email as well. I haven't heard these, but those discounts are much steeper than you would normally see.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,328
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

61sst3tnpyxw.png

Just saw this email as well. I haven't heard these, but those discounts are much steeper than you would normally see.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/184771/elac-adante-af-61-took-some-diy-to-make-perfect/p1

ELAC, like Polk, seems to use this strategy, at least in the US. Before Christmas, the little ELAC "Debut 2.0 B6.2" were on sale at half-price ($149 USD the pair) for a couple of weeks.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/184769/okey-dokey-finally-the-elac-debut-2-0-b6-2-loudspeakers-are-umm-speaking/p1