Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Your like the audiophile version of the Frugal Gourmet...

LMAO...Probably the best description of Doc I've heard to date.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    more like American Dumpster Divers.

I'm a long time member for sure. :pB)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited October 2019
    e-mail sale flyer from MusicDirect (FWIW):

ug1ilkuuicfg.png
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Interesting piece. Sony 400 disc CD/DVD/SACD player for only a hundie! :smile:
    1mstukpbimpi.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/d/clawson-sony-es-dvp-cx777es-400-disc/6995482640.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Not sure this fits the spirit of this thread :p but it probably fits the letter of the thread's title B) ...

PE has a big buyout sale of cheap, Chinese-sourced audio ('hifi' ?!?) components from "FX Audio"! :) Now, there's a little preamp sold under this brand name that's all the rage in some circles (I'm not endorsin', I am just sayin') -- that little preamp is not one of the little boxes available, but there are a bunch of things... and they are all cheap!

I have one of them little preamp things. It's not bad at all, I even have it hooked up to a linear power supply. I can't compare it to anything as I haven't heard a real tube pre but it does impart qualities to my sound I like.

To be honest with the tearing down of my system I've been thinking of giving it away in a Karma with said power supply to someone who may get more use out of it than I.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mhardy6647
    verb wrote: »
    1mstukpbimpi.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/d/clawson-sony-es-dvp-cx777es-400-disc/6995482640.html

To quote the best boss I ever had*
    Mark. We don't need "interesting".

edited October 2019
    Not sure this fits the spirit of this thread :p but it probably fits the letter of the thread's title B) ...

PE has a big buyout sale of cheap, Chinese-sourced audio ('hifi' ?!?) components from "FX Audio"! :) Now, there's a little preamp sold under this brand name that's all the rage in some circles (I'm not endorsin', I am just sayin') -- that little preamp is not one of the little boxes available, but there are a bunch of things... and they are all cheap!

I have one of them little preamp things. It's not bad at all, I even have it hooked up to a linear power supply. I can't compare it to anything as I haven't heard a real tube pre but it does impart qualities to my sound I like.

To be honest with the tearing down of my system I've been thinking of giving it away in a Karma with said power supply to someone who may get more use out of it than I.

Is that the "31 dollar" thing that certain folks are going absolutely nutso about elsewhere? :#

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/fx-audio-6j1-tube-preamp-a-31-wonder.848535/

4tg20xt5grd9.png

FWIW, this isn't one of the components in PE's buyout sale :|
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited October 2019
    https://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/d/omaha-klipsch-klipschorns/6995747988.html

No Affil.

I'm not quite sure what the seller is trying to describe about enclosing them off and clay on the rear. I last heard a pair of these in probably 1973 at a dealer's showroom.

They look good, could probably be returned to original configuration.

wy40flrfutoa.jpg

Post edited by aprazer402 on
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    1mstukpbimpi.png

I have the 200 disk, non-ES version of this and it's rock solid... If that was local it'd be in the house right now. I've never had an issue with any Sony product I've owned.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    FestYboy wrote: »
    1mstukpbimpi.png

I have the 200 disk, non-ES version of this and it's rock solid... If that was local it'd be in the house right now. I've never had an issue with any Sony product I've owned.

Ageed. I have a 200 AND a 400 disc player. Both have worked flawlessly since I got them in the 90's. High fidelity? Nope, but damn convenient. Doesn't sound bad to me in my meager rig though. I can hit random play it they will go for months, lol
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662

Is that the "31 dollar" thing that certain folks are going absolutely nutso about elsewhere? :#

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/fx-audio-6j1-tube-preamp-a-31-wonder.848535/

4tg20xt5grd9.png

FWIW, this isn't one of the components in PE's buyout sale :|

Indeed it is Doc, indeed it is.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    aprazer402 wrote: »

No Affil.

I'm not quite sure what the seller is trying to describe about enclosing them off and clay on the rear. I last heard a pair of these in probably 1973 at a dealer's showroom.

wy40flrfutoa.jpg

The Klipschorns were often backless as they are meant to be corner loaded. Enclosing the rear of the cabinet allows for them to be placed elsewhere (and generally ruins them too).

The clay is in reference to duct sealant clay being used on the horn itself to dampen resonances.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

No Affil.

wy40flrfutoa.jpg

The Klipschorns were often backless as they are meant to be corner loaded. Enclosing the rear of the cabinet allows for them to be placed elsewhere (and generally ruins them too).

The clay is in reference to duct sealant clay being used on the horn itself to dampen resonances.

Thanks for explaining. I wasn't considering them. I have too many big boxes now. :)
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2019

No Affil.

wy40flrfutoa.jpg

Folks go to great lengths to keep Klipsch loudspeakers from sounding like Klipsch loudspeakers :|

BTDT.

Klipschorns are clever folded bass horns that were purpose-built to use the room corner as part of the horn expansion.

2qyuf64vtpyy.png
    (borrowed image)

The "enclosed" part means (should mean, I think) that they've had 'artificial' corners added to them so that they don't have to be jammed fairly tightly into corners. The newest morph of the K-horns are built so that they can be in corners or not (IIRC).

As to the 'clay' -- I think they've damped the horns with rope caulk (or modelers' clay, perhaps?) in a more-or-less futile attempt to control the notorious ringing thereof. :|

Here's the damping I attempted on my Cornies' MR horns. Helped a tiny bit, but they're almost unbearably shouty horns (with very cheap, low quality Atlas PA compression drivers, in this particular case -- 1974 vintage).

9592399107_d4c397963d_z.jpgdampedcornyhornies by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

K-horns are actually OK; best of the 'heritage' Klipsch lot overall (closely followed by
    the Cornies, which can still produce reasonable bass without being in the corners).

The LaScala, and its domestic cousin, the Belle, are best used for torture (regulated by international convention) or for removing paint. The Heresys are best used as kindling.

B)

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Mark, that is the CORNIEST post you have ever made.

The same could be said for my "joke". :|
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Mark, that is the CORNIEST post you have ever made.

Its almost "Heresay"........
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited October 2019
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Mark, that is the KHORNIEST post you have ever made.

Fixed...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I have had the 300 cd changer for almost 20 years. I did have to replace the rubber bands inside for the gears
  • verb
    Conrad Johnson, Audio Research, LFD, Rega, B&W, turnkey system, Oh my! :) 42 hundie OBO!
    zmp7xbhjx9oo.png
    ebnmobzco09j.png
    yyv5cgp1kj3i.png
    i2mefulas8yh.png

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/d/flint-conrad-johnson-tube-amp-rega/6999320415.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Could be trolling. I've seen that around here with RVs and such that are dramatically underpriced.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • CGTIII
    Probably not then since he responded. At least that's not the kind of trolling I was talking about. Great deal for someone here I hope! :-)

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    If anyone has been on the fence about trying Tidal, I just got an ad offering $20.20 for 4 months of Tidal HiFi. Also supports Rock the Vote if you're into that.
    https://offer.tidal.com/campaigns/5d9b6208fb206600114b969e/products
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • CGTIII
    edited October 2019
    Lexicon Digital Controller DC-1. Not a beauty but no bids yet and reasonable shipping. No affiation. :D
    https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/78017076

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Not exactly the Telefunken that Frank was was referring to but hey!

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/d/portland-dual-channel-telefunken-v672/7000800538.html
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    Don't know crap about turntables but back in the day this was one of the "go to" TT's

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ele/d/portland-sota-sapphire-turntable-with/7000442790.html
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC