Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Options

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    ^^^^^
    I laughed when I saw that clip. :D

The easy answer to your woes.....Somehow move into a bigger home. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,600
    Options
    Interesting looking Parasound gear and nice Joseph Audio bookshelf speakers:
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/2-channel-parasound/6528638105.html

00W0W_fiA0uTiEUGU_1200x900.jpg
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    Poor folks in the Bay Area are selling everything they have lately!

Must be the high cost of housing!
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    Poor folks in the Bay Area are selling everything they have lately!

Must be the high cost of housing!
    Or to pay for tetanus shots...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I don't get it.

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Great deals on eBay for some Polk Rti series speakers. Killer price on those centers! Saw it on Slick Deals. Peace. Dsngpmgl9nnd8.png
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Why are the FX so much more expensive?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I don't get it.

Very recent news reports talked about how the streets on SF are filled with human waste, used syringes, etc...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Don’t know if this is a good deal or not. I know there some KEF owners around here...

https://pennstate.craigslist.org/ele/d/kef-c40-monitor-speakers/6534820802.html
  • FestYboy
    Options
    For that price I'd say they're worth a chance...
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Sanus Ultimate Series 26" Tall Speaker Stands

For anyone looking for a set of discontinued UF26" Sanus Ultimate Series Stands, a guy listed a set last week on eBay and the bases look like they are in pristine condition. They didn't sell and were not relisted. But you might contact the guy and ask if he is going to relist at a lower price.

Note: The spikes have been removed from the stands in the photos, so you might want to make sure they didn't get tossed. Also, he wanted $57.51 shipping, I have a set of UF30" and I was charged $35, so checking to see if he'll ship UPS or FedEx at a lower cost would be worthwhile, although I have a strange feeling he plans on shipping these fully assembled. The high cost could also mean that the stands have already been filled. And one more thing, the seller has a feedback score of 1, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but a lot of folks shy away from sellers that aren't established. Which may be why they didn't sell.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanus-Speaker-Stands-2-Ultimate-Series-26-034-Tall-for-Bookshelf-Speakers-/152923859385?ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=E0M0gNft2NaGWnVYJSlm3DGgFos%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

These just got relisted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanus-Speaker-Stands-2-Ultimate-Series-26-Tall-for-Bookshelf-Speakers/152950028930?hash=item239c883a82:g:2j0AAOSwWb9alK4b
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    Options
    Sanus Ultimate Series 26" Tall Speaker Stands

For anyone looking for a set of discontinued UF26" Sanus Ultimate Series Stands, a guy listed a set last week on eBay and the bases look like they are in pristine condition. They didn't sell and were not relisted. But you might contact the guy and ask if he is going to relist at a lower price.

Note: The spikes have been removed from the stands in the photos, so you might want to make sure they didn't get tossed. Also, he wanted $57.51 shipping, I have a set of UF30" and I was charged $35, so checking to see if he'll ship UPS or FedEx at a lower cost would be worthwhile, although I have a strange feeling he plans on shipping these fully assembled. The high cost could also mean that the stands have already been filled. And one more thing, the seller has a feedback score of 1, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but a lot of folks shy away from sellers that aren't established. Which may be why they didn't sell.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanus-Speaker-Stands-2-Ultimate-Series-26-034-Tall-for-Bookshelf-Speakers-/152923859385?ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=E0M0gNft2NaGWnVYJSlm3DGgFos%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

These just got relisted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanus-Speaker-Stands-2-Ultimate-Series-26-Tall-for-Bookshelf-Speakers/152950028930?hash=item239c883a82:g:2j0AAOSwWb9alK4b

Great stands, but at that price, you are ALMOST at Skylan stand prices, and those are also a stellar value....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Maybe someone out in the NorthEast can move on these Skylan stands for $250. Maybe he will ship? Also, selling some Chane speakers!

https://nh.craigslist.org/ele/d/chane-music-cinema-bookshelf/6468731216.html
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    edited March 2018
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    Maybe someone out in the NorthEast can move on these Skylan stands for $250. Maybe he will ship? Also, selling some Chane speakers!

https://nh.craigslist.org/ele/d/chane-music-cinema-bookshelf/6468731216.html

You stink lol......... Thats a smoking combo!

I wish I could hear a set of them in my setup sometime......

Also guys accepting bitcoin... first time I've seen that in CL ad lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Jaybeez
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I don't get it.

Very recent news reports talked about how the streets on SF are filled with human waste, used syringes, etc...

Similar issue in San Diego, where they bleach / wash the streets. Evidently the California disposable bag ban removed a ready source of "waste bags" for the homeless population.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

WiiM Mini
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Cool looking Marantz PM7200 integrated with Class-A toggle button. $450. Price a bit steep, imo.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/marantz-audiophile-class/6528785073.html

00w0w_aWu3xXrKIX7_1200x900.jpg

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Looks to be a pretty respectable integrated. If they throw in the Harmony One remote it doesn't seem like a bad deal. A quick search makes it appear to be mainly offered outside the US when new.
  • Clipdat
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It says 120v 60hz so I'm guessing it'll plug right in.

And yeah perhaps with the remote it's a decent deal, although $300-350 would be nicer.
    DaveHo wrote: »
    A quick search leads me to believe it was never offered for sale in the US. Looks to be a pretty respectable integrated. Wonder if it will operate on US power? If they throw in the Harmony One remote it doesn't seem like a bad deal.

• FestYboy
    Options
    It runs on 120v @60hz, should be good to go.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Yeah, I edited my comments. Ya'll are too fast for me. :p
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    I had one of those receivers from goodwill, sounded awful. Then 3 days later it started having serious distortion issues, it would sound like a tv that’s not tuned into any channels, you know, that kind of hissing/crackling sound. So I played around with it, reset it, took it fully apart and put it back together, tried other inputs, and it never stopped (except on tuner, it did stop there, but I didn’t need a tuner) so I took it back to goodwill.
  • FestYboy
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    I had one of those receivers from goodwill, sounded awful. Then 3 days later it started having serious distortion issues, it would sound like a tv that’s not tuned into any channels, you know, that kind of hissing/crackling sound. So I played around with it, reset it, took it fully apart and put it back together, tried other inputs, and it never stopped (except on tuner, it did stop there, but I didn’t need a tuner) so I took it back to goodwill.

Methinks you had a lemon, hence the Goodwill find...
  • Clipdat
    Options
  • mlistens03
    Options
    That’s what I was hoping you would say, I had always Longed to have some Marantz equipment until that incident.
  • FestYboy
    Options
    That’s what I was hoping you would say, I had always Longed to have some Marantz equipment until that incident.

You should still want Marantz, they make a fine product, especially the vintage stuff.
  • Jaybeez
    Options
    http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649419382-ascend-sierra2/

These don't get much press here but are amazing speakers. These are about $500 off list.
    I have a set in Satin Espresso and with the RAAL ribbon tweeter, the detail and soundstage are very impressive. Mine are awesome in near field but can crank when I want them to.
    Cabinets are made of bamboo which is very dense and ideal for speaker application.
    Company was started by Dave Fabrikant who at one time was an engineer at M&K.

Sorry if I sound like a fanboy but this is a heckuva deal, and they rarely come up for sale.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

WiiM Mini
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Love the bamboo cabinet!
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    Cabinets are made of bamboo which is very dense and ideal for speaker application.
    Company was started by Dave Fabrikant who at one time was an engineer at M&K.

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    Ebay coupon code good until 10PM EDT
    PSPRINGTIME is the code good for 15% off everything, $25 min purchase $50 max discount.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • mlistens03
    Options
    I do, and even before I was reassured a few hours ago I would’ve absolutely bought a Marantz, no questions asked. Just before that I was a bit of a fanboy, now, not so much.
    FestYboy wrote: »

You should still want Marantz, they make a fine product, especially the vintage stuff.

P.S. sorry didn’t mean to put this after the post, but I gotta go to bed so I’m not gonna deal with it now.