circuit city SUCKS

13»

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2007
    so much for not replying, eh?

You know, I had some sympathy for you at the start. However, the crybaby thing....the entertainment value is pretty astronomical.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited March 2007
    True Story, I am from CT and always have $1000 stashed in the house somewhere, currently it is in a modified Insignia.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2007
    We always have a few bucks stashed in the house, however, that doesn't stop me from keeping money in a bank account that I could write a check on or use a debit card with. Especially if I were out shopping. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

I probably shouldn't be so hard on ol' Ben here but I find it laughable. I mean, sure, I can understand being ticked about missing a good deal but, really, it's no one's fault but his own....and then to whine about it like a baby, PRICELESS....I would also imagine if he were the guy with cash in hand, he'd be pissed that they wouldn't sell it to him because they were waiting on someone to come back with the cash.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2007
    You have a right to be pissed, but you shouldn't be suprised.

I'm sure if someone came in ready to buy it (an item the store is actively trying to sell quickly and cheap) the manager in charge could care less if some sales associate on the floor was trying to hold it or not. They just met you, why would they believe you? Its nice that you offered to make it worth his while with a twenty, but I really can't blame them for selling it anyways. Holding it for an hour would have been nice, but I rarely find a store that is willing to hold anything anymore. I'll call ahead to make sure something is in stock and they won't even hold it for the duration of my drive to the store.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited March 2007
    CC is a high volume chain store. It's first come first serve. He told you he would hold it so you would MAYBE come back. That way if no one bought it and by some chance you did show back up he had a sale. No one gets personal attention at a high volume store. If you want to be treated well you need to go to the higher end audio stores and there you have to pay the big bucks.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited March 2007
    MSALLA wrote:
    If you want to be treated well you need to go to the higher end audio stores and there you have to pay the big bucks.

You may not get treated well even if you are looking to spend big bucks. There are some high end dealers that treat customers like they are doing them a favor by "allowing" them to shop in their store.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited March 2007
    TroyD wrote:
    ....I would also imagine if he were the guy with cash in hand, he'd be pissed that they wouldn't sell it to him because they were waiting on someone to come back with the cash.

BDT

Winner, winner , chicken dinner. 64 posts and then the money shot.....nice
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited March 2007
    ////
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited March 2007
    I dont know about you guys, but I was lost at the whole Sony DLP thing....I guess he should not be to concerned if he or CC did not even know what they where buying or selling.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited March 2007
    It's kinda like holding something for the first responder on Craigslist.
    Now you turn down 20 guys waiting to see if the first guy shows up.
    Sometimes, you just have to say "show up first with the money and its yours".
    Dibs in the real world is nothing like dibs on the flea market here.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson