Vista just kicked me in the.....

124»

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2007
    UPDATE:

THIS WAS THE LAST YELLOW !!!!!! IN MY DEVICE MANAGER which for most people who are using 64 bit vista is something they can't say. I'm happy :)

Nice, I'm sure people like yourself will work out the bugs or what works / what won't... I find this to be true with every MS OS upgrade. Glad to hear you fixed the big issues for now. :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Nice, I'm sure people like yourself will work out the bugs or what works / what won't... I find this to be true with every MS OS upgrade. Glad to hear you fixed the big issues for now. :)

For now, till i actually attempt to install some non OS and non MS devices....lol.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited February 2007
    Don't start ****'g now you choose that path. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    Eh i have it a feeling it will be worth it................

in about 3 years.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited February 2007
    Lol :d

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Lol :d

You're just jealous cause you have a PC that works. :D
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited March 2007
    Sami wrote:
    Not only that but for Mac's there aren't any top consumer GPU's available so performance is going to be an issue even if you can use a simulator to play Windows games on Mac. For Linux you have Wine and it does allow you to play quite a few Windows games although it's not much better on that side either, otherwise I'd ditch Windows as well. A friend of mine is trying to configure his machine to run WOW and said it's bye-bye MS if he is successful.

Actually,

You have to get the tower mac system ($2500) to get the best consumer card and it is an upgrade not standard (ATI X1900). But it is available. In the iMac they have ATI X1600 which aren't bad cards. BTW, Windows is not simulated on the intel macs, it's native. Anandtech and Ars Technica benched the Mac Pro Dual Xeon machine as the fastest Windows workstation at its release. That still sounds odd to me even though the machine has been out almost a year.:rolleyes:
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2007
    there is 2 reasons why i will not install or buy vista
    1 price you got to be kidding you can buy parts and bud a whole comp for the price of the os.
    2 oem with is not that bad of a price but you can install it on olny i computer and if the comp dies or you upgrade the mobo you need to buy a new coppy of windows
  • xsmi
    edited March 2007
    goingganzo wrote:
    2 oem with is not that bad of a price but you can install it on olny i computer and if the comp dies or you upgrade the mobo you need to buy a new coppy of windows

Are you shitting me? :eek:
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited April 2007
    More Vista issues and or questions to come.

Helping a neighbor who bought a HP Vista laptop, trying to network a printer, and get this laptop to work wireless fun fun fun....

How do I know if a Vista OS is 32 or 64 bit?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BaggedLancer
    edited April 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    More Vista issues and or questions to come.

Helping a neighbor who bought a HP Vista laptop, trying to network a printer, and get this laptop to work wireless fun fun fun....

How do I know if a Vista OS is 32 or 64 bit?

Comes in both variations. I use the 64 bit, the normal installed Vista is 32 bit.

If the HP printer is greater than 4 years more than likely it is not compatible. Check www.hp.com to see whether they offer a printer driver for it or not.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited April 2007
    The printer is compatible HP laserjet 5p I got it to work once but then I could get it to work :confused: Then my next issue was the wireless connection, how can I delete old networks so I can rebuilt a new one? I couldn't get it to work so I disabled to security seen it ok, but when security was re-added in one area it said it was not, the other area said it was WEB with xxxxxx. :confused::confused::confused:

This laptop is Ultimate version but I understand there's 4 versions of Vista? What versions are 64bit which aren't?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BaggedLancer
    edited April 2007
    The printer is compatible HP laserjet 5p I got it to work once but then I could get it to work :confused: Then my next issue was the wireless connection, how can I delete old networks so I can rebuilt a new one? I couldn't get it to work so I disabled to security seen it ok, but when security was re-added in one area it said it was not, the other area said it was WEB with xxxxxx. :confused::confused::confused:

This laptop is Ultimate version but I understand there's 4 versions of Vista? What versions are 64bit which aren't?

All 4 as far as I know come in both 32 and 64. 105% sure if Vista came with the laptop its 32 bit.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited April 2007
    You don't know a way to tell you what it is? So learning this Vista, so far I don't like it.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BaggedLancer
    edited April 2007
    You don't know a way to tell you what it is? So learning this Vista, so far I don't like it.

You can download a small app called CPUID.

www.cpuid.com

that will give you all the system specs.
  • xsmi
    edited April 2007
    Go into control panel under the start menu. Click on I think System and Maintenance. Click on system under that and it tells you the cpu, sytem version and everything. I have only touch vista one time being a mac user but I think that is it.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2007
    xsmi wrote: »
    Go into control panel under the start menu. Click on I think System and Maintenance. Click on system under that and it tells you the cpu, sytem version and everything. I have only touch vista one time being a mac user but I think that is it.

It doesn't tell you 32/64 bit though. You can get to what you were just talking about by right clicking on My computer and going to properties.
  • xsmi
    edited April 2007
    Gotcha. Like I said one time.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited April 2007
    Yes, I was going to report the same method it's........... 64 bit.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• xsmi
    edited April 2007
    How'd you find out? does it tell you when you go in through the control panel?
  • disneyjoe7
    edited April 2007
    By this way that BaggedLancer stated. It actually stated OE System 64 bit.

You can get to what you were just talking about by right clicking on My computer and going to properties.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BaggedLancer
    edited April 2007
    By this way that BaggedLancer stated. It actually stated OE System 64 bit.

Sucks for you then if you are trying to add devices to a 64 bit Vista :D

Especially considering Xp x64 still isn't 100% and that's quite a few years old.