NFL Divisional Playoff Weekend

Comments

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited January 2007
    I want to know who was wearing the Colt's defensive uniforms during the season, because the guys out playing the past two weeks are actual football players.

As for tomorrow, I still think the Chargers will win, but I don't discount Mr Brady for a minute.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2007
    I don't watch pro sports, but I did watch New Orleans just beat.......

heh-heh-heh. I'm going to have a glass of Goslings. Anybody care to join me? The worst team song I ever heard. Won't be hearing it THIS year anymore.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    Did the Eagles get beat?! That sucks. I was hoping they would win. I dont like McNabb and wouldve loved to see the Eagles go all the way with him out!

Aas for the Colts, you said a mouthfull!! Their defense SUCKED all season long, and now all of a sudden theyre stopping eveyrbody! I just hope they keep it up.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    The Saints look like a really good team. McAlister and Bush are both amazing players, Brees is great, and their defense is no slouch either. Just a fun team to watch all around.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    My prediction: San Diego wins it all this year. LT is just a monster!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2007
    MacLeod wrote:
    My prediction: San Diego wins it all this year. LT is just a monster!
    My prediction: Chargers and Saints

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
    McAlister IS A MONSTER
  • George Grand
    edited January 2007
    The saints COACH almost handed it to the Eagles. Late in the game 27-24, all you have to do is keep grinding it out on the ground with Mc., and grinding down the clock as well. The guy calls three pass plays in a row. GREAT time to try and establish the passing game which was marginal all night. Hand the ball right back to the Eagles. The Eagles go 4 and out (luckily), and then the flea-flicker for the fumble. They got real lucky at the end with the Eagle off-side.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    I don't watch pro sports, but I did watch New Orleans just beat.......

heh-heh-heh. I'm going to have a glass of Goslings. Anybody care to join me? The worst team song I ever heard. Won't be hearing it THIS year anymore.

heh-heh-heh, Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory. Fight Eagles fight score a touchdown one, two, three 1-2-3 Hit em low, hit em high and watch our Eagles fly (next year), fly Eagles fly on the road to victory

E A G L E S
    EAGLES

Sorry George I couldn't resist! LOL
  • George Grand
    edited January 2007
    Cry Eagles cry, on the road to mediocrity,
    Cry Eagles fans, try moving to a a REAL ci-ty!

Don't mess with me man. I'm pretty, I'm drinking, and I feel GOOOOOOD!!!

Save your breath for when they ALMOST go all the way next year.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Cry Eagles cry, on the road to mediocrity,
    Cry Eagles fans, N.O. is a REAL ci-ty!

Don't mess with me man. I'm pretty, I'm drinking, and I feel GOOOOOOD!!!

LOL You got a very quick wit there Georgie boy. . .there is only one thing however, I hear the real city of N. O. still stinks of rioters and looters and garbage. Come to think of it so does Philly without the hurricane!
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    Bush had some nice moves tonight. Too bad he can't hang onto the ball very well.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    As for tomorrows games, those are the ones I'm really curious about. I think the Chargers are gonna have a real tough time this game based on the fact that LT is their big super star and the rest of the team ranges from good to so-so. The problem when playing the Patriots is that there aren't any real supers stars (unless you want to count Brady), so you can't over power a single person and drop the teams production by 50%.

If the Pat's can keep LT suppressed, it's game over. If the Chargers can put pressure on Brady and rack up some points early, we'll have a good game.

All things said and done, the patriots are just too damn good in the playoffs. They're sorta like the Yankees in that respect, except they actually win the Big Game ;)
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    Gentlemen,,the SAINTS are for real. At this point I believe that they are unstoppable.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    While I don't mind rooting for the Saints, they did almost lose to the Eagles... :o
  • scottvamp
    edited January 2007
    Gentlemen,,the SAINTS are for real. At this point I believe that they are unstoppable.

Saints Baby, the birds went down. Bring on the Bears.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Looks like the Old Bears team showed up to play today, but Rexy just fumbled as I typed this...:eek:
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007

Let's not get nuts here. From where I was sitting last night there was an inordinate amount of penalties against the Eagles and the Saints caught a lot of breaks. If they don't bring their "A" game like the Eagles needed to bring last night . . . unfortunately they will be watching the superbowl from their couches just like the Eagles.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,567
    edited January 2007
    How bout dem Bears!?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    Although it sucks to be on the losing end, I must admit, that was one hell of a game. Hats off to the Bears, but I am pretty dissapointed in my Seahawks. It was a very hard fought game, but I am pissed Seattle won't be playing next week.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    How bout dem Bears!?

Won by a short curly one. Good luck against the Saints.....
  • scottvamp
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    I wanted them to play at home again but the Saints play really well away.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited January 2007
    The Saints shot their load!!! Their luck is about to run out. Even though the Bears are no way a power house, there's no way the Aint's are gonna pull another one out in Chicago.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    The Saints shot their load!!! Their luck is about to run out. Even though the Bears are no way a power house, there's no way the Aint's are gonna pull another one out in Chicago.

Yo Bro, I thought you fell off the end of the Earth.
  • scottvamp
    edited January 2007
    YA, OK. Shooting our load all the way to SuperBowl.

Just called the Wabalance..................:rolleyes:

Go SAINTS!!!!!!!
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    Alright, this is the game that I care about.

GO PATRIOTS!!!
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    A win is a win Dave ;)

Bears vs. Saints should be a GREAT game!

GO BEARS!!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2007
    Not a good weekend for birds. Down go the Ravens, Eagles and Seahawks!
    No excuses!
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited January 2007
    The Saints might actually go all the way and win the Superbowl this year. Since 75% of New Orleans' bars, strip clubs, massage parlors, and similar entertainment establishments are still closed due to Katrina, the Saints players have drastically fewer distractions to take their minds off playing football.

I, and others, have long therorized that the Saints would be a much better club if they simply moved to another city. Well, 80% of the city moved away from them and their performance improved dramatically.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    The Saints might actually go all the way and win the Superbowl this year. Since 75% of New Orleans' bars, strip clubs, massage parlors, and similar entertainment establishments are still closed due to Katrina, the Saints players have drastically fewer distractions to take their minds off playing football.

I, and others, have long therorized that the Saints would be a much better club if they simply moved to another city. Well, 80% of the city moved away from them and their performance improved dramatically.

haha, funny, but also rather true. :p
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007

Yep, I still remember those Burbon Street hangovers 20 years later! LOL