NFL Divisional Playoff Weekend

Demiurge
Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
Saturday, January 13th, 2007

Game 1:

Indianapolis Colts (13-4) at Baltimore Ravens (13-3)

4:30 PM ET on CBS

MGM Mirage Point Spread: Baltimore -4

Game 2:

Philadelphia Eagles (11-6) at New Orleans Saints (10-6)

8 PM ET on FOX

MGM Mirage Point Spread: New Orleans -5

Sunday, January 14th, 2007

Game 1:

Seattle Seahawks (10-7) at Chicago Bears (13-3)

1 PM ET on FOX

MGM Mirage Point Spread: Chicago -8 1/2

Game 2:

New England Patriots (13-4) at San Diego Chargers (14-2)

4:30 PM ET on CBS

MGM Mirage Point Spread: San Diego -5

What are your predicitons? :)
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,567
    edited January 2007
    Colts, Bears, Saints, Pats

Colts v. Bears ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Chicago giving 8 and a half?!

And I can't imagine anyone giving the Pats more than 3 in a playoff game at this point. Especially if they put Belichick in at tackle :D
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2007
    Ravens, Chargers, Eagles & Seahawks.

Ravens taking it the rest of the way.
    No excuses!
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2007
    Ravens
    Saints
    Seahawks
    Chargers

SAINTS & CHARGERS
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    I'm just going to go with who I want to win, but I doubt they will all be winners:

Colts
    Saints
    Seahawks
    Chargers
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2007
    Ravens, Pats, Eagles, Bears
    Carl

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    All go with the birds going 3-0 and the Pats. Philly and Ravens SB, Ravens win (Thus causing even more pain to the philly fans)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2007
    Colts, Bears, Saints, Pats

Colts v. Bears ;)

+1, exactly.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Colts v Bears? Seriously? The Colts showed they can have a D, but I dont think there's enough of it there to get them to the Super Bowl. And the Bears won't have enough of an O. I see San Diego and.... someone in the SB. Either Philly or NO I guess.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Bears will not make the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman. After the Green Bay Packers shellacked the Bears Rex went on to say:

"And the situation was," Grossman explained, "I felt like I was going to play about a half, and it was the last game, and it was New Year's Eve... there were so many factors that brought my focus away from what is actually important..."

What a winner. Chicago has such a great team with a very good coach, but this **** bag needs to be thrown under a bus...fast.
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited January 2007
    Sunday's weather here in Chicago may come into play as it is expected to be snow and sleet with a moderate NE wind (crosswind for kickers) and windchills in the teens. It may come down to who can run the ball better....
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Seahawks can play in bad weather, Holmgren was the coach in Green Bay for years, and Hasslebeck was Favre's back-up there. They can win if they constantly blitz the Chicago offense. The game will come down to turnovers, IMO.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    Ravens, Saints, Seahawks (8 1/2 pt spread???? can we say MONEY BET?!?!), Chargers
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    Now when you guys are making your picks are they based on the spread or who you think will actually win the game?

Regrettably I have not watched the Bears play since the middle of the season so I don't have the best feel for what the Seahawks are heading into this week. I do not think weather will be a factor for them though. Its been pretty crappy for Seattle this year. Lots of snow, rain and strong wind.

Beyond that I like the Chargers, Colts and Eagles to win.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Well, Shiznits, the Bears got their asses kicked by the Packers in their last game, and played all of their starters nearly the whole game. This same Bears team almost lost to the Lions the week before. You guys really should be just fine..... :D

It really depends on what Bears team decides to show up this weekend. :confused:
  • scottvamp
    edited January 2007
    Good points on the Bears, fans my be in denial. These places with constant **** weather - put a dam roof on your stadium. I just don't get it. :confused: And the "its a disadvantage to the teams that don't play in bad weather", thats straight up BS. :rolleyes:
    Many think that Colts have a chance......ouch!!!!
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    Pat's all the way. Sorry Lidanian, you're going up against a guy who just doesn't know how to lose in the playoffs...
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    As a Pats fan, I hope you're right... but I'm not that confident.

I think whoever wins Pats/Chargers wins it all though.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited January 2007
    Eagles & Ravens in the big dance!!! Eagles squeek out a win with a last minute field goal. I have the bubbly chilling as we speak!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • scottvamp
    edited January 2007
    Eagles & Ravens in the big dance!!! Eagles squeek out a win with a last minute field goal. I have the bubbly chilling as we speak!!
    Hey, thats exactly how the Saints beat the birds last time they played.;)
    Who dat gonna beat dem Saints at home, who dat!!!!!!
    I took the weekend off at work - HD playoff football on the ten footer.:D
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Would be funny if it were all birds.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    I'm at work, somebody give me the highlights of the first half from the Colts game
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Would be funny if it were all birds.

A patriot is not a bird and therefore that cannot happen.

Sorry Demi.

:p
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Shizelbs wrote:
    I'm at work, somebody give me the highlights of the first half from the Colts game

Interception, field goal, field goal, punt, interception, field goal, interception, interception, punt, field goal.....

I think you get the idea.
  • sterling bug
    sterling bug Posts: 228
    edited January 2007
    What an unpredictable year. Go Hawks
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    Colts win, nice upset.

7 field goals, no touchdowns.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Looks like Pats v Colts next week.... :D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Looks like Pats v Colts next week.... :D

Couldn't agree more.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    Wow! I cant believe the Colts pulled it off. I thought for sure Baltimore would win.

Thats just fine with me tho. Ive never liked McNair, even when he was with Tennessee. Seemed like he was ALWAYS getting hurt.

The Colts are the only team Im really pulling for but I just dont think theyre going to make it. I actually think theyre on borrowed time right now! Manning just seems to choke in playoffs and he's doing it again! He's thrown 5 interceptions in the last 2 games. He only threw like 9 all season long!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2007
    MacLeod wrote:
    The Colts are the only team Im really pulling for but I just dont think theyre going to make it. I actually think theyre on borrowed time right now! Manning just seems to choke in playoffs and he's doing it again! He's thrown 5 interceptions in the last 2 games. He only threw like 9 all season long!

agreed. Manning just can't get it done in the playoffs. The colt's defense however was on fire today. It seemed everytime there was a pass to a ravens reciever, there was at least three white jersey right on him. I was very impressed.

Colts offense needs to start producing if they even want to think of beating the chargers or patriots.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27