Official Polk Audio HQ - RTi6 Bookshelf - Christmas Karma

Comments

• jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited December 2006
    cambir should be granted good karma because he managed to jump in on my post about petrym.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2006
    Keep 'em coming guys :D

jmwest1970 is next in line!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2006
    Placeholder!!!

Edit- I think that jmwest1970 should get them because he looks like he would really appreciate a pair of the RTi6's in his HT... maybe to take place of the rears... Then, it will only snowball from there. He'll want the whole RTi line for his HT. Good marketing plan on Polk's part, eh? I'm sure he'll love them and cherish them more than his own children (sicko), and caress them softly as they fall asl.... uh, wait, these were speakers, right???
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2006
    Nadams should win. A good hearted kid and his name (Noel) just screams Merry Christmas!

Good Luck Noel, hope ya win the speakers!!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2006
    Frank should win. He likes John Wayne, Pink Floyd, has offered up several karma's and is generally a good guy as demonstrated here. These are small enough to take wheeling with him and listen to in the great rockdoors. Rock on!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited December 2006
    I am delighted to be here and have the opportunity to encourage that something positive happen to a most deserving individual. Many of us here at Club Polk currently own or have owned Polk speakers. Many of us have extolled the Polk speaker virtues of quality and sonics at reasonable prices. Many of us have them listed in our signatures, or have pictures of them posted in the Showcase that Polk generously provides us. But one individual rises above us. In his signature, he not only shows honor but compassion to a legendary speaker. “Have you hugged your SDA’s today?” If that were not enough, he proudly displays the famous trademark in his name! For all that he is, and all that he represents, I submit Polk65 should win the RTi6 Bookshelf speakers!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2006
    Frank Z wrote:
    Nadams should win. A good hearted kid and his name (Noel) just screams Merry Christmas!

Good Luck Noel, hope ya win the speakers!!

ROFL... my name's Noah. With an "h".....

But just this once, I'll go by Noel for you, okay?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2006
    nadams wrote:
    ROFL... my name's Noah. With an "h".....

But just this once, I'll go by Noel for you, okay?
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Yeah...I'm 'bout as dense as a log!:o
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    SCompRacer is next in line.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited December 2006
    I attest SCompRacer deserves these speakers more than anyone else. Simply put, many of us don't even recognize half the gear listed in his profile, testament that he has grown beyond the "amateur" listener, the guy/girl who wants badly to break into audio but doesn't yet have the funds to do it. I think he deserves the speakers because he needs to remember exactly what us little people listen to, as he sits there listening to his monster triode system. I mean, common, that's worth more than my car.

He can't connect with most of us anymore, he needs to be brought down from his high horse and remember what it's like enjoying a really decent, inexpensive speaker. I know he'll do it kicking and screaming, but intervention is necessary, unless we lose one of our good members... it will bring him back into the fold. This is the perfect opportunity, nay, the ONLY opportunity, to reclaim one of our friends from the clutches of audio snobbery.

-Andrew
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2006
    I think Referer deserves these speakers because he is still in the 80s right now:p ... maybe these speaks will finally bring him in the new world of surround sound...
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    I think Refefer should win these Rti6's because I have paid a few of those filthadelphian's that Mr. Grand loves so much to steal the nice equipment he has now to set up in my house for the New Years party. I would hate to see him have to live without anything to listen to.

Edit:Make that tommyboys's equipment. No room for the SDA's anyway.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited December 2006
    tommyboy wrote:
    I think Referer deserves these speakers because he is still in the 80s right now:p ... maybe these speaks will finally bring him in the new world of surround sound...

I think tommyboy oughta win!!! With a handle like that, I picture Chris Farrell barrelling around the room while grooving to his new Polk RTi6's!!!:D

looks like msalla edited whilst i posted...2 votes for tommy boy!!
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited December 2006
    I think sda2mike should win because he is sitting in warm sunny South Florida with his SDA's and could use a new set of Polks.

Great Karma BTW! In please, thanks.
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited December 2006
    I think Libertyc should win since he's the kind a guy to help a Polkie out. He helped another Polkie move and hurt his back doing it, so he deserves to get some free speakers to ease the pain.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • pmlewis
    pmlewis Posts: 100
    edited December 2006
    I think wodom1 should win the speakers. The northsiders have waited long enough to win something!:D
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited December 2006
    I think pmlewis should win because he's in Chicago. This time of year he could use some nice Rti6's to warm him up a bit.
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2006
    I think Maurice should win because he did not win the Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Mans Chest DVD Karma, and he likes Polk Speakers.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited December 2006
    I think Polkitup2 should win because he signed up the same month & year I did.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2006
    okiepolkie should win these because he needs to "polk it up" a bit.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2006
    I think steveinaz should win these cause he's a hellava guy. He also talked Matt Polk into building the Polk XM tuner. Polk has made big dollas on this unit, but steve has refused any royalties---because steve is cool like that.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2006
    I think Steveinaz should win since he has to fight scorpians, giant spiders, and bats just to get to work. Knows how hot a warehouse can get in summer (and what real work is like), and can still keep his cool by kickin' back and jammin' out with his Polks...

Oh, and the XM tuner thing... ;)

And he has twice as many posts as I do which definately qualifies him as HARDCORE!!!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited December 2006
    I think jdhdiggs should win since all I want for Christmas is an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

...with a compass in the stock, and this thing which tells time
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,567
    edited December 2006
    I think Tryythg should win these b/c he is the Polk God - all kinds of Polk in him - SRT - the works!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited December 2006
    I think Sid should win these cause...well...he's a kid.And he has more than11,500 posts more than me.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2006
    I think Tony should win because he is suffering from post envy and the RTi's are the only thing that will make him feel better! :rolleyes: ;):p:D
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited December 2006
    I think Halo should win because he is from Chicago and may be a Cubs fan. They never win anything. Maybe he could break the "curse".
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2006
    warlocks1 wrote:
    I think Halo should win because he is from Chicago and may be a Cubs fan. They never win anything. Maybe he could break the "curse".
    Sure am, so's the wife :D If I don't win I'll just wait until next year ;):)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited December 2006
    Halo wrote:
    Sure am, so's the wife :D If I don't win I'll just wait until next year ;):)

Folks that don't live in Illinois are unaware of how much the city of Chicago spends each year to protect the Cub fans. Towards the end of baseball season, they erect fences along all branches of the Chicago River so the despondent fans can’t jump in.:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2006
    I think SCompRacer should win because he races Scomps :-)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben