Official Polk Audio HQ - RTi6 Bookshelf - Christmas Karma

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,577
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
****CLOSED**** The winner was HTROOKIE!!!

Polk Audio RTi6 Bookshelf Loudspeaker Karma - CHERRY

Al Ballard and Paul DiComo of Polk Audio have thrown the companies hat into the ring for a really cool Christmas karma this year.

A pair of Polk RTi6 Bookshelves!!
rti6.jpg

Driver Complement:
Mid/Woofer 1 - 6-1/2" Diameter (16.51cm)
Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance Cone with Rubber Surrounds
Tweeter 1 - 1" Diameter (2.54cm)
Silk/Polymer composite dome

Electrical:
Overall Frequency Response 40Hz-27kHz
Lower -3dB Limit 50Hz
Upper -3dB Limit 26kHz
Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
Recommended Amplifier Power 20-125 w/channel
Efficiency 89 dB
Crossover 2.8kHz, 12dB/octave high and low pass
Inputs Dual (bi-amp) gold plated 5-way binding posts

Dimensions:
Cabinet Size 14-3/4" H x 7-3/4" W x 14-1/4" D
(37.47cm H x 19.68cm W x 36.20cm D)
Mounting Options Shelf, stand or wall-mount with built-in keyhole slot
Enclosure Type Vented via rear-mounted Power Port and a single front mounted ARC port

Why settle for vinyl speakers when you can have the warmth and beauty of real wood at the same price? RTi Series features real wood at vinyl prices.

Acoustically inert MDF cabinets, finished in Real Cherry Wood or Real Black Oak veneers.
Dynamic Balance polymer composite driver for smooth wide-range response with low distortion.
PowerPort® bass venting for superior clean, low distortion bass that you can really feel.
Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC Port) technology for more natural midrange reproduction.
1" silk dome Dynamic Balance tweeter features a neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs; heat-sinked for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability.

VifaTweeterBack_small.jpg

PowerPort® vent doubles as a strong, built-in wall-mounting bracket for easy, safe placement.
Butyl rubber surrounds for high performance durability.
Acoustically inert stamped driver baskets.
Floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
Magnetic shielding for safe placement near video sources.
Mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency.
Dual, bi-ampable gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs (with wide holes for large-gauge bare wire connections) for the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring applications. (Both models! True bi-wire and bi-amp-ability!)
Timbre-matched to fit into any Polk Audio home theater or multi-channel music system for a more realistic, more seamless surround sound environment.
Clean lines and radiant metallic details contribute to the superior fit and finish of the new RTi Series Bookshelf Loudspeakers. They deliver superior dynamic impact in smaller cabinet sizes, with no lack of patented Polk Audio technologies, for use as main/front speakers, or direct radiating surround speakers, in high performance A/V or music-only systems.

***Qualifications for Karma?***

For any newer members, Club Polk Karma is something that is given away for FREE by a CP member, to another CP member. You respond to the Karma question prior to the date it's closed, you get entered into the drawing and eventually someone wins. The actual drawing for the winner varies in how it is performed but its essentially a "names in a hat" method. That's pretty simple eh?

ANYWAYS, here we go....

"Why should the member before you win these speakers instead of you?"

In other words, the member who posted prior to you...get it? :D

***Requirements for Posting***

You must have at least 25 posts. This would mean you have Private Message(PM) capability which may be neccesary to contact you, so please enable this feature in your profile.

I know it may be a little difficult for a newer Polkie to elaborate about someone they haven't really met or interacted with yet....just do your best. You could read some other posts and/or check out the search engine for old threads if you want. This forum is a wealth of information for way more than Polk Audio, check it out.

Be honest, be candid, be real....or be funny and creative, just don't get mean or crude.

KARMA WILL END ON SUNDAY 12/17/06 @ MIDNITE

I'll announce the winner Sunday nite and work on having them shipped as soon as personal information has been exchanged. Stay tuned so you can get them quick!

Merry Christmas....Happy Holidays....Kwanzaa....Chanukkaa....whatever, this is a completely non-denominational Karma. Thanks for reading :)

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me directly dorokusai@comcast.net
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2006
    Why should Dorokusai win these RTi6's?

I think Dorokusai should win these because in the 3 or 4 years I've been active on this forum he has always given me good advise, a lot of wisdom, and not been afraid to set me or others straight when we go astray ;) Dorokusai was one of my main supporters when I was trying to decide on a new set of 2 ch. system speakers, and encouraged me to look beyond the "monkey coffins" and not be afraid to get the Magnepan 1.6's. For that alone he should win the RTi6's! Thanks Dorokusai! Doug.

In, please!

EDIT! Ok, I'll bite. Dorokusai is an audio god! Everytime I set down and listen to my system without my pants on I think of him! And the thought of Dorokusai powering a set of RTi6's with a Cary pre-amp and a CTC power amp while listening in ****-less chaps just makes me snort Diet Dew out my nose!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2006
    I think dkg999 should win these RTi6 karma speakers.. because anyone can tell he's a die hard Polk Audio fanatic thru and thru. How many other Polkies do you know that have that many Polk speakers? :D So many speakers in fact.. it's a collection.

That plus he has a pimpin' Harley as well. :p

He is deserving of this great karma. Insie
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited December 2006
    I think danger boy should win because I forgot what he said, and what he did but it made me feel alright. Ok so I just referred to his sig. From what I have read from him he always seems to be willing to help out others here with problems they have, and is quick to suggest a cheaper alternative (which is what I need). Has no problem keeping at real like a real pimp would do, and at the same time not to big to ask for help or suggestions when he is in a bind. If you wanna know whats for sale on the market, or whats just ridiculously priced hes your man, and If you wanna laugh take a look at some of the links he post (kitty cannon comes to mind). Oh yeah and he is friends with RuSsMaN.

In Please

p.s. Oh yeah, nobody rocks as hard as doro or snow, they both gave me free stuff, sorry had to plug hehe
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    I think dudeinaroom should win, because everyone should have a Polk speaker from this century. That, and he thinks my friend Al should win, which was very cordial of him.

In.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,549
    edited December 2006
    I think that Russman should win because without Russman, Club Polk would be missing something. Zest, spice, punkiness, frankness, call-it-as-I-see-it, and overall dont-be-stupid are the ingredients that this man brings to the table at Club Polk.

Russ has always pointed out things in my system that need my attention, and he has been quick to point out things in my system that meet his approval or deserve his praise. Russ and I have always had a good relationship on Club Polk and I always respect what the man has to say.

I can tell you, with a straight face, that the day I realized I had actually something to share with the audio community was the day when Russman asked me for my opinion on a particular product. Yet, when Russ posts, I make sure to read it as he is still beyond me.

In a sense, he should win the RTi6, not me.

Joey ("in" please)
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited December 2006
    I think Joey should win because he has some of the heaviest, most expensive equipment I have seen on the cheapest Ikea stand around!:) And, he hangs out with cool audio heads, eats $70.00 steaks, offers great reviews and doesn't get upset with my constant ribbing about his audio "rack"!
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
    I think Univera should win because he needs to get some fronts for his Home theater so he can seperate his music from his movies.;) He is getting a taste of quality in his selection of gear, and I would like to see him be able to seperate the two, as Home theater and two channel music presentation are two completely different animals.

Anthony(in please)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2006
    It would be great if a couple of you early posters would take some time to elaborate a LITTLE more, as Polk didn't have to do this and it's not MY question in regards to the requirement.....get it?

I realize that not all of us are super close, but be creative....humorous or pontificate to the point that the member should run for President....SOMETHING, just don't be mean or crude.

Keep 'em coming Polkies!

***AMULFORD IS STILL NEXT IN LINE!!!!***
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    This is the best karma ever!!!

I think Anthony should win because he's the kind of guy thatll come over to a Polksters house to listen to music and drink all their beer. If he had a great set of speakers all his own, we could go over to his house to listen and drink all his beer!

I also think this world would be a better place if we had more guys like Anthony around. He gives great advice, keeps good conversations going and keeps newbies in line!

In closing, I would just like to say that Anthony is a very sexy man and that these speakers deserve to be with a man that women want and men want to be!

Here's to ya!

35ak7z5.jpg
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited December 2006
    I feel Mac should win this because he is doing a phenomenal job of representing the SR's in the SQ competition world. He has a great sense of humor and great taste in music.

plus, he said he'd beat me up if I didn't say something nice. lol j/k :D
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    I think Toxis should win because my Baltimore Ravens just handed his Chiefs their **** today. These speakers would probably help relieve the pain that my Ravens caused him. :D
    No excuses!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    I think Strong Bad should win because he's the picture perfect bad ****. He needs something to continue rocking his head after a long night at the club. Not to mention, I think if Strong Bad won these speakers we'd get a few photos of some choice 'models' with his new winnings. ;)
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2006
    I think Demi should win because the long cold Wisconsin winter is coming. He needs something to distract him and prevent him from getting cabin fever.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    Dammit I just finished a great write up about Toxis. . . okay now I have to start over again MAYBE I'LL LUCK OUT AND ACTUALLY GET TO WRITE ABOUT DEMIURGE THIS TIME.

EDIT: Yeah right!!! Okay Shizelbs. Maybe I should just wait until 6:00 AM EST when everyone is in bed!!!

Finally . . . Shizelbs WILL win because he just completely lucked out and acquired an extremely awesome and what will prove to be an expensive collections of classical music on 78s that would make the most ardent of Classical collections pale in comparison. Plus he got a turntable to boot. . . he will win this Kharma because he has already offered to give some of the collection away. . . that is true Kharma and truley a good guy. Plus is there anything to do in "Duvall Washington":confused: besides watch paint dry or grass grow.:eek: Sheesh this guy needs a new pair of speakers so as not to die from boredom!!!;) :D

Edit: Boy I've been reading some of these posts, what a bunch of brown nosing kiss asses we are!!!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2006
    I think Hearingimpared should win because he just moved into his new home and needs some new speakers to go with it.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2006
    I think Fireman should have the RTi6's for opening and closing the doors for ohskigod's new AR9's!
    Carl

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited December 2006
    I think Schwarcw should receive the RTi6's because he's from Pittsburg and being a Steeler fan he has suffured tremendously this season and deserves to end the year on a positive note.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited December 2006
    typing very fast... i can't keep up w/ the posts!
    markmarc deserves the rti6's as Oregon provides many a xmas tree for our enjoyment!
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited December 2006
    I think Hearingimpared should get it because he had a write up about me that he can't use because he was a bit to late. lol Thanks anyhow! :D
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    starchaser should win because he will play good music like SRV through them.
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited December 2006
    Polkthug should win because he steered me away from Onkyo.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006
    dane peterson should win so he will be inspired to get rid of that M stuff and see how Polks sound with good cables.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2006
    I think shack is deserving because he is a STELLAR guy and credit to the forum. He has taken on the task of managing the FM feedback and has done a superb job. An even tempered guy, he's often the voice of reason and common sense when things get testy.

An all around great guy, can't think of someone any more deserving.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited December 2006
    I think Troy should win these speakers because:
    1. He is a great guy
    2. He is married to The Lovely Wendi
    3. He has hosted 2 Polkfest events
    4. He gives and gives to this forum
    5. He has a great a$$
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited December 2006
    I think Russ should get the RTi6's because he's a great guy and is a truly helpful and honest individual. No one can flip gear better than Russ! :D

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited December 2006
    I think I-SIG should get the Karma since he obviously can't read directions and has elaborated on the values of a favorite member to many (RUSSMAN) which, while it is very legitimate, it nonetheless has nothing to do with the immediate previous post (Hoosier21).

Ins please.

EDIT: I think I should be embarrassed (and I am) since I obviously didn't do enough research to know that I-SIG'S post was fully appropriate:o. Sorry I-SIG for not knowing we have multiple gear-flipping members named Russ out there.
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited December 2006
    I think capecodder should get the Rti6 Karma because he does his research and finds some really cool gear at yard/estate sales. His yard sale pickups and his posts here at cp show that he realy enjoys this hobby.

In please
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • jrlouie
    jrlouie Posts: 462
    edited December 2006
    Doh, I was too slow for capecodder. I couldn't find a way to delete a post, so I'm just editing it...

Mike682 should win because it appears as though he has been a long-standing member and from what I have seen, he truly enjoys the forum and is quite helpful to anyone with questions. Always welcomes new members to the forum and helps out, and that's what it is all about.

Great karma, in please!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2006
    Capecodder should win, because we can use these speakers to blast such useful information as Hoosier21's name is Russ as well, and he has flipped some gear in his time (loved that Sophia Baby amp while I had it) :p

don't worry brotha, I made that mistake back in the day too :D

*****Doh!! posters got in before me. JR louie should win because he has the name louie in his title, which is the coolest name on the frikkin planet********

In!!!! would love to demo the new RTi line in my house, instead of what little I have heard in stores

Lou :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited December 2006
    ohskigod should win because his systems have very high cool factor's, including the Anthem, Carver Amazing's, and nicely powered 15's. Good work!(yes I'm jealous)