Official Polk Audio HQ - RTi6 Bookshelf - Christmas Karma

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited December 2006
    ohskigod should win because he's a REALLY big dude and he could stomp us all like Attack of the 50 Foot Woman! But the real reason he should win is because he's just too cool of a guy to do anything like that!

He's a fine example of what being a friend is all about and he brings that attitude to everything he gets involved in. I've had the luxury of meeting him in person at Casa de No Concerno on several occassions and each time, his company was a pleasure. He's always willing to help out any forum member in any way he can and like most of us, he's a die-hard Polk Audio fan.

Yeah, he should because he's just that cool! George Grand likes him too and that's sayin' something! I think he also played football before too and that's cool too. He also had that kick-**** Sophia amp and that was REAL nice and he let it go for a song too! So yeah, he's a cool guy and he should win!

There ya go, I'm in!

Now somebody try to say something nice about me! :)

***EDIT***

DANGIT dylan! Well, my post about ohskigod stands, feel free to paraphrase.

Well, dylan should win because he beat me by 3 minutes! I'm betting it's because I wrote 3 paragraphs about ohskigod and he only wrote 3 sentences. But hey, everyone says I'm "long-winded" so since dylan is so good at being so short...I mean so brief (no, not underwear!), he should win. If I knew more about him, I'd say more but then again he'd probably know more about me too and then he might not have anything nice to say about me so I guess it's good he beat me!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    Jstas wrote:
    ohskigod should win because he's a REALLY big dude and he could stomp us all like Attack of the 50 Foot Woman! But the real reason he should win is because he's just too cool of a guy to do anything like that!

He's a fine example of what being a friend is all about and he brings that attitude to everything he gets involved in. I've had the luxury of meeting him in person at Casa de No Concerno on several occassions and each time, his company was a pleasure. He's always willing to help out any forum member in any way he can and like most of us, he's a die-hard Polk Audio fan.

Yeah, he should because he's just that cool! George Grand likes him too and that's sayin' something! I think he also played football before too and that's cool too. He also had that kick-**** Sophia amp and that was REAL nice and he let it go for a song too! So yeah, he's a cool guy and he should win!

There ya go, I'm in!

Now somebody try to say something nice about me! :)

***EDIT***

DANGIT dylan! Well, my post about ohskigod stands, feel free to paraphrase.

Well, dylan should win because he beat me by 3 minutes! I'm betting it's because I wrote 3 paragraphs about ohskigod and he only wrote 3 sentences. But hey, everyone says I'm "long-winded" so since dylan is so good at being so short...I mean so brief (no, not underwear!), he should win. If I knew more about him, I'd say more but then again he'd probably know more about me too and then he might not have anything nice to say about me so I guess it's good he beat me!

You lucked out writing just one, I had to write three before it counted. . . talk about long winded. Didn't you say you lived across the street from Phil. LOLOLOLOL
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Jstas should win because if there is anyone on this forum who isn't concerned about upping their post count, it is this individual. I mean, why say something in ten posts when you can cram it all into one?:p

That and always providing excellent down-to-earth advise on everything from audio to food to camping locales.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited December 2006
    Zombie boy should definitely win because he's one of the most active posters/members on this forum. When I think Polk Forum, I think Zombieboy!

Zombie directly and indirectly affects and betters me as a person on a daily basis. He really deserves this great Karma. Also, I think he wished me a Happy Birthday, which made me feel like I had really made it in this world.

I'm in, Great Karma! Haven't hardly heard the RTI line and got a great spot waiting for them :)
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited December 2006
    AndyGwis should definitely win for several reasons.

1) He hails from the great state of Texas. 'Nuff said.
    2) His birthday is in December. People with birthdays in December usually get the shaft as far as presents go. People try to bundle up the Christmas and Birthday presents which is totally unfair. Let's undo a lifetime of injustice and give this guy some speakers!
    3) Not only is his birthday in December, his birthday is December 8, 1980... the exact day that John Lennon was shot and killed. Its a total bummer when your birthday falls on the anniversary of such a sad event.
    4) Andy is just a cool guy. You know it, I know it... he deserves 'em.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2006
    PhantomOG should win this because he's a great guy, and he'll pass and let me have them (to use with the "other" karma Doro will ship to me...)

IN

Great Karma

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited December 2006
    HTRookie should win these because they'd go great with the RTi8 and CSi5 he has in the basement. And if he already has good surrounds, then he can just send them to me...

In
  • Paul in Canada
    Paul in Canada Posts: 178
    edited December 2006
    I think that Zero should win. He seems like a very nice young man from over yonder. Maybe these great speakers would help him with his lack of self confidence. You are not a zero you are a 10.
    Polk RTi 8's
    Polk CSi 5
    FXIA4"s
    Outlaw Audio M200 x2
    Denon AVR 2805
    Sony CDP C345
    Paradigm PW2200 Sub
    Panasonic 50"

"It's futile to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." demaples July 29/08
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 511
    edited December 2006
    I think Paul In Canada should get it because our friends to the North deserve a gift for all the wonderful things they have done for us
    Matthew
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason

HT

Yamaha RX-V2500
    CS400-Center
    SDA 1A-Mains
    RT20-Surround
    None right now-Rears
    SVS 20-39PCi
    Infocus IN72
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited December 2006
    Masanz1 should get them as he has no rears.
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited December 2006
    DaveMuell should get the speakers because he, like me, has no signature detailing his various setups. If we could just win a few karmas, then we too could join the rest of you.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2006
    I think apc should win the karma, so he has more Polk speakers to talk about! 96 posts in 2 years isn't enough! :)
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2006
    FIRESHOES should win because when i first came to club polk, he had great advice and convinced me to get my own set of rti 6's.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited December 2006
    Bizill absolutely deserves to win this karma. He has a birthday coming up right after Christmas so he can get one speaker for Christmas and one for his birthday. His birthday is also the same day as my dad's so the guy can't be all bad :)

DJ
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2006
    Disc Jockey should, undoubtedly, no question about it, unequivocally, most definitely, undeniably, decidedly, distinctly, evidently, incontestably, incontrovertibly, indubitably, obviously, frankly, honestly, positively, recognizably, sonorously, unmistakably, clearly...win this karma.

I think. ;)

I think Disc Jockey should win this karma because he's obviously a cool guy for MANY reasons. I'll only be able to touch on a few of them here.

1.He's running a sweet pair of RTA11TL's (when're you hosting a PolkFest so we can hear them?!)
    2. He posts pictures that make you go blind (how cool is that??).
    3. He is selflessly interested in the CP family and keeping on the lookout for us.
    (Which reminds me...
    What kind of dog keeps time the best? Oh, wait...that joke's kinda lame...:o)
    4. He's good at improvising solutions (and discretely discarding of his daughters toys! :eek:)
    5. And he takes way too long to buy a rocking big screen tv!

Oh, wait...that last one wasn't a good thing. My bad. :p

And, to top it all off, he lives in the beautiful state of Colorado!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,703
    edited December 2006
    Audiobliss definetly needs to win these speakers! His sig says it all, HE IS LISTENING TO KLIPSCH SPEAKERS for heaven's sake!! Also, given the fact that he is not even old enough to go out to the bar and get a drink, what better does he have to do in his free time than listen to some cool tunes on a set of premo Polks? He needs these now, before he ruins his hearing with those over bright Klipsch!
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited December 2006
    I think billbillw should win the speakers because these would go perfect for the room with his new baby. They would fit perfectly, hung from the walls, out of the way. He could get some cd's with baby songs and sing along. What a great way for a newborn to feel welcomed into the world!
  • kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited December 2006
    I think Ern Dog should win because the RTi 6 speakers will be good for his 2-channel system.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2006
    I think Kingtut should win the RTi6 Speakers because he is the KING.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2006
    I think disneyjoe7 should win these because hes the only person on the forum who uses a real name in their username that isnt his :)
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited December 2006
    BaggedLancer should get them, 'cause he got sacked for posting here too much.

well, ok, maybe not for posting, but he did get sacked, didn't get down about it, got a new job and who doesn't need speakers?
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2006
    Unc should really win this Karma. After 1793 posts he still does not have a location to call his own. Based on that, and his name, I assume he is the uncle that just comes over and stays for an indetermined amount of time until he can move on to the next relative (hence the lack of a permenant location). He apparently has 2,01 relatives to choose from so obviously comes from a good catholic family...

Just think of how happy the next relative in line will be if he shows up with a great set of speakers like these. (hey - he would be welcome at my house anytime as long as he shows up bearing speakers).

Out of compassion for him and his family this holiday season - let him win and the celebrations will be great at the next relatives house he stops in at.

Michael

BTW - IN (and no uncles were harmed during the composition of this e-mail) :)
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited December 2006
    I think that mcloki should win these speakers because if he does win, he can say he was really mcloki to win!
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited December 2006
    I think ESAVINON should win, because he'll then feel compelled to Karma some of the gear in his sig...;)
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2006
    I think Greg Peters should win because if Esavinon should win and karma something then maybe Greg would win that karma and karma something of his. Plus, Greg doesn't even know where in Canada he lives.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • dagame27
    dagame27 Posts: 574
    edited December 2006
    Ron-P should win because he is smart enough to live in California and not have to put up with the crappy weather we get in Illinois!
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Marantz SR7012 Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15 Subs: 2 SVS Sb13 Ultra (HT Only) Analysis Plus Cables
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited December 2006
    dagame should win so maybe he can post a little more about his new polks
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • nebborjk
    nebborjk Posts: 425
    edited December 2006
    spwuinmk67 should win because judging by his signature he doesn't have any home audio Polk speakers. This would be a great starter for a 2-channel system or HT. Enjoy them spwuinmk67 and think of me when you karma them off.
    Proud SOPA Member since 2005!
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited December 2006
    nebborjk should win this awesome karma because his name looks Swedish and the gorgeous transparent sound of these speakers will remind him of the beautiful forests while he listens to ABBA remasters.
  • cambir
    cambir Posts: 1,045
    edited December 2006
    I think petrym should get this karma, because I don't know him...nothing like a little Christmas Karma for a stranger to round out the holiday season.