Sad News

schwarcw
schwarcw Posts: 7,335
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
Early this morning I received news that most of us regrettably get in some form or another once during a lifetime. My mother passed away during the night. Her death was sudden and somewhat unexpected. Mom was 80 years old, physically frail and was dependent upon a wheelchair for mobility. She has been living in a personal care facility for the past 4 ½ years. She had her wits about her. She was sometimes forgetful and occasionally repeated herself, but was still very engaged in her life. She accompanied my family to my brother’s house last week for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time with the entire family. That was the last time I saw and spoke to her.

Since my father passed away 9 years ago my mom struggled with loneliness at times. My father and mom were inseparable. They did everything together. Oh they had their moments of trouble in their relationship as all couples do, but most of all they were happy together. My parents were part of the “Greatest Generation” of Americans. They saw it all beginning with the Great Depression during their childhood, World War II, the post war boom, steady work for a modest income, family and grandchildren. I like to think they are together now in a better place.

There were moments today when I was overcome with grief. I ask you not to grieve with me, but to celebrate their life. Join me in praying and giving thanks to parents everywhere. After all, we wouldn’t be here without them.

Attached is a recent picture of Doris Jane Schwartz (1926 – 2006). RIP.
Carl

Mom.jpg 156.9K
Post edited by schwarcw on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited December 2006
    I hope my children will remember me in that same light.

May God Rest

Henry
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2006
    It's sad and joyful at the same time to hear that news.

You and your family will be in my prayers, and I will have a renewed sense of appreciation for my parents.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited December 2006
    My condolences and prayers for the passing of your mother.

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    Amen Henry.

I raise a glass to Doris, here here.

Thoughts and prayers to follow.

-Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2006
    Carl, sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. Always remember her and your father fondly.

Peace always. AL
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2006
    My deepest condolences Carl. As I always say when a loved one passes away, “I was fortunate enough to know them and know them close.” RIP Mrs. S.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2006
    All to often we wish to be respectful and offer our deepest sympathies when a family member or close friend passes away. Your request that we not grieve is thoughtful and shows not only love, but respect and fond remembrance.

Deb and I both send our regards and join you in celebrating her life. She's moved on and is kicking up her heels with your dad again. She's happier now than she's been in a long time....and we're happy for her and your father too. They are together again.

God Bless.

Frank, Deb, and the kids too.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited December 2006
    My condolences to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Cindy
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited December 2006
    Very sorry for your loss Carl.

Agreed, very thankful for our parents and what they gave to us.
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited December 2006
    Sorry to hear about your great loss. My condolences to you and your family.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited December 2006
    So sorry to hear that, Carl.
    Just think about the great life she lived. She's in a better place enjoying your father's company now.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited December 2006
    I am very sorry to learn of your loss Carl. I offer my condolences to you and your family.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2006
    Very sorry for your loss Carl.

Prayers sent.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

Victor
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited December 2006
    Prayers and condolences. As much as you prepare for this, it's still tough. I lost my mom Nov 18, 2000 and she was 80 also and had suffered many strokes.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited December 2006
    Carl,

Thank you for sharing a little of your mom with us and for your words of wisdom. They really are the “Greatest Generation” of Americans and have my utmost respect.

God Bless,
    Jesse
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited December 2006
    Carl,

Dana, Irene and I express our heartfelt condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mother.

Life is eternal; and love is immortal; and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.
    R. W. Raymond
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited December 2006
    Sorry about the loss of your mother. My condolences to you and your family.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2006
    Carl, Your Mom is in our collective thoughts. They say our elders perk up a little bit before going to the next level. My uncle did this. I'm glad you all had the chance to share time with her again. Steve
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    Very sorry to read this. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. You're a wonderful son. :)
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited December 2006
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss, just remeber we'll all be together in the end.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited December 2006
    Carl, My deepest condolences to you and your wonderful family.
    Now, i understand that you may be in alot of pain but think of death in this context if you can:

Death is by no means the end but a transition to a different plane.
    She is now in the company of her husband,parents and all her loved ones that have passed.
    Feel happy for the life she led,the family she raised and the memories she left.
    Although she may be far, she will always be near those she loved.
    Never remember the death. only the life,the love and the moments spent together.
    May god bless you and your family.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    My condolences. At 80 years old she must have seen and had the opertunity to enjoy so much in life.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited December 2006
    Carl,I'm very sorry for your loss...Sounds like your Mother was a remarkable woman...may she rest in peace...our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited December 2006
    Let us know if you need anything Carl. I'll be praying for your family.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2006
    Best regards Carl and family.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2006
    Carl, you and your family are in my prayers, God bless
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited December 2006
    Sorry for your loss, good thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2006
    I'm so sorry for your loss Carl. RIP Mrs. Schwartz, and thanks for being part of the generation that set such a fine example for us.
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited December 2006
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I can relate because my dad passed Oct. 1st, and was 89. It can be tough but try to focus on the fond memories rather than how much you will miss her. Stay strong.
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Very sorry to hear of your loss Carl. Prayers and thoughts to you and yours during this difficult time. If anything, take solace in the wonderful times you shared together and that not only was your mom a very special person, but she raised a very special person as well.

Jason
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore