Sad News

2»

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2006
    Sorry for your lost, Carl. Our deepest and prayers.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited December 2006
    So very sorry to hear that. My condolences for your loss and may she RIP. :(
  • bert26
    bert26 Posts: 320
    edited December 2006
    Carl - my sincerest and deepest condolences.

Chris
    HT Rig
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl - Anthem 2 SE
    Polk CSi5 - Adcom 555
    Polk Monitor 30 - HK DPR1005
    SVS PB12 ISD/2
    Denon DCD-1500II
    Sony SXRD 60"
    ShengYa CS-10

Basement Rig
    Polk SDA SRS2
    Carver 1.5t
    Carver C2
    Technics SLD202
    Some Other Sony DVD/CDP
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited December 2006
    "Though wise men at their end know dark is right", the loss is still powerful for those left behind.

If she could speak with you now, Carl, she would most assuredly tell you not to grieve for her, that where she is at is a far, far better place.

Here's to her memory, and the things unseen that she has left behind.
    Sal Palooza
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited December 2006
    Carl,

Thank you for sharing. She will remember you as fondly as you do her until you are reunited. May the angels continue watching over your family.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    Carl, My deepest and heartfelt condolences to you and yours. Your write up about you mom and dad was extraordinarily heart touching. I am welled up with emotion and tears. . . you've reminded me of my parents of the "Greatest Generation" who are now both together with the Lord.

When I hear of things like this especially during the Christmas season I try to focus on the postive things. I think you will always remember how special this last Thanksgiving with your mom was and will always cherish that memory.

One of the hardest things I felt when my mom passed almost three years ago was that at 49 years old, I was an orphan. My dad passed in 1980. But I focused on that fact that God allowed me to have my mom around for all that time and I felt comforted. Now when I think of my mom I get a great comforting feeling inside so much so that it feels like she is right here with me, more so than when she physically was.

Take comfort my friend in that she is now ALWAYS in your presence.

Joe
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2006
    having both parents gone is tough to take. I know that too well (and too young, but thats another story) From experience, this holiday's gonna be tough, but it gets better with time.

theres a wierd feeling when both your parents are gone thats hard to explain, but when it hits, you'll know what I am saying. just know that its normal, and that time heals all wounds.

my sincerest condolences on your loss.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2006
    My condolences to you and your family.

Dave
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2006
    Sorry for your loss Carl; she will be proud of you wherever she is.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Polkapops
    Polkapops Posts: 267
    edited December 2006
    Carl, our hearts go out to you at this sorrowful time.
    Keeping you and your family in our prayers
    HT & Music System:
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3805
    DVD/SACD Player - Denon DVD-2900
    Outlaw 770 amp
    Polk LSi 15's up front
    Polk LSiC center
    Polk LSi F/X surrounds
    SVS 16-46 PC+ Subwoofer
    Sony Wega KDF-50WE655
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2006
    My condolences Carl.

As I told people when my Mom passed, She is now having a gigantic reunion with her husband and the rest of her family and they will now be together forever.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • solidclub
    solidclub Posts: 39
    edited December 2006
    Although I dont know you, I know how hard it is to go through
    what you are. Your mother is in a better place. You'll see her
    again. You are in my prayers.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited December 2006
    cfrizz wrote:
    My condolences Carl.

As I told people when my Mom passed, She is now having a gigantic reunion with her husband and the rest of her family and they will now be together forever.

Sorry for your loss. Just thinking of all the memories that you have will surely bring a tear to your eye & put a smile on your face. God Bless!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited December 2006
    Sorry for you loss, She is with your father now ........
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2006
    Thank you Pearsall! She joined my Dad 9-1-2003. You don't know until they are gone just how much meaning they brought to your life. The vacancy can never be filled, & I cry my way through all of these threads as they pop up throughout the year.
    Sorry for your loss. Just thinking of all the memories that you have will surely bring a tear to your eye & put a smile on your face. God Bless!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
    Carl,

We offer our condolences and share with you the celebration of her life. Cherish the memory and revel in the accomplishments. Our thoughts and prayers...

Anthony
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2006
    My thought and prayers go to you and your family, whenever a mother passes those left behind know a special love has moved on.

May the Lord watch over all of your family.

RT1
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited December 2006
    My condolences Carl. It is great to know that she still had her wits about her till the end. Some of our elders are lost to terrible diseases such as Alzeihemer, where they are still physically there but they're actually not, if you know what I mean.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    I offer my sympathies as well and we will have a good thought for you and your family.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2006
    Sorry to hear that, I'll tip a glass for Mom tonight. God bless.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • halcyon100
    halcyon100 Posts: 6
    edited December 2006
    Wow, just joined the Polk forums - and didn't expect to find such a meaningful post. My thoughts are with your family. My father passed away a couple of years ago - I feel my mother is in similar shoes. My best to you for the holidays - many happy memories.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited December 2006
    I'm terribly sorry about your loss. That's extremely sad to hear. That teared me up a bit that was so touching. The best part about it is she at least got together with the family one last time before passing. It's been a long and beautiful life I'm sure. Don't feel to bad, she's in a better place.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.