FS: Polk Audio LSi15 - Loudspeaker

Options

Comments

• Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Just an aside on the shipping question. I've been in the freight and logistics business for years, forwarders, van lines and common carriers. I've been an independent sales agent for the last couple, offering corporate clients solution based services with my various partners. I currently have some well known audio companies as clients (not Polk).

Shipping speakers and audio equipment damage free is directly related to packaging and how many times the freight is handled. Team, BAX, Eagle, as well as, some of my partners all pretty much use the same linehaul channels for ground transportation. The difference in client perception is how much attention is paid to each transaction and how pro-active the transportation company is in communicating, staying on time, and resolving problems (price has something to do with it as well).

Didn't mean to start a blog, but shipping on a consumer level is risky, we are always subject to Murphy's Law coupled with the lowest common denominator, a disgruntled or uncaring handler.

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Sometimes you just can't do enough.

I really wish I had some extra scratch right now. All that would be seen is my tail lights heading away from Crazy Doro's Audio Bazaar...

Damn...
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2006
    Options
    ARE THESE STILL HERE????

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS???????

DAMN

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited December 2006
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    If I could handle the weight of them I would have been all over these speakers!!!! I would have had them delivered to my brother for him to bring up to me on his next trip up to Boston.

Oh well it's our loss! He will have them sold on Audiogon or ebay in no time!

Come on Cathy........you have to have these speakers. Have him bring them to you one at a time. I know you would be very happy with these even though you're not big on upgraditis. Having gone from RTA's to LSI's myself; there really in no comparison. If it's even remotely possible for you to consider DO IT! You're gear would mate with these so nicely.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    Options
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Alright Demi!!

Good on ya lad
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2006
    Options
    It's the next logical step for me, but yeah, just an inquiry thus far. Mark is a treat to deal with, plus he boxes my stuff up in the nude. :D
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Demiurge wrote:
    It's the next logical step for me, but yeah, just an inquiry thus far. Mark is a treat to deal with, plus he boxes my stuff up in the nude. :D

WELL................ok then.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I just got your email...reply on the way.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • heiney9
    edited December 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    I just got your email...reply on the way.

He sometimes answers e-mail in the nude as well. We all get nude around our equipment............it's just Mark is the only one to publically acknowledge it. He's damn proud!!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2006
    Options
    heiney9 wrote:
    He sometimes answers e-mail in the nude as well. We all get nude around our equipment............it's just Mark is the only one to publically acknowledge it. He's damn proud!!

Well, my equipment came that way. :p
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Hope you two work it out :)

If not, I agree with H9 Cathy - these are definitly (IMHO) superior to the RTA line.

I had the RTA 11T's, upgraded 'em, moved up to the RTA 15TL's, upgraded those, borrowed a pair of LSi7's, dumped both pairs of RTA's (was going to go with the LSi9's) and moved on to the VR-2's because Darla ditched her LSi's for Von's. I'd heard the Von's about a year and a half ago and came across a really good deal I couldn't pass up. Otherwise I'd have LSi9's right now ;)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2006
    Options
    What's wrong with handling business naked....you guys just don't know how to live. :D

This thread eventually had me handling business with my finger on the trigger, but all is well.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • heiney9
    edited December 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    What's wrong with handling business gear naked....you guys just don't know how to live. :D

This thread eventually had me handling business with my finger on the trigger, but all is well.

Just be careful and make sure none of those curly hairs makes the trip to wherever it is the speakers end up. They get stuck to the packing tape sometimes and it can be a bit unpleasant for the recieving party. I suppose you could always blame it on the UPS guy.
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited December 2006
    Options
    heiney9 wrote:
    Just be careful and make sure none of those curly hairs makes the trip to wherever it is the speakers end up. They get stuck to the packing tape sometimes and it can be a bit unpleasant for the recieving party. I suppose you could always blame it on the UPS guy.

I just threw up a little bit.
  • heiney9
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I just threw up a little bit.

Yea, I had a bit of a "dry" gag when I was typing it. :eek:
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Next time Doro remember to purchase the cherry, uh... and move closer.

/nod
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2006
    Options
    So demi, did you buy them?
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2006
    Options
    TB - Yes, he is purchasing the speakers.

Holy - I have a pair of those also :)
  • halo
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Way to go Demi!
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    Options
    What a way to start the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I know that the LSI's are better than my beloved RTA-8T's, But I truly can't handle the weight, plus the 15's are picky with placement to sound their best & there really is only one place for them to go.

Halo wrote:
    Hope you two work it out :)

If not, I agree with H9 Cathy - these are definitly (IMHO) superior to the RTA line.

I had the RTA 11T's, upgraded 'em, moved up to the RTA 15TL's, upgraded those, borrowed a pair of LSi7's, dumped both pairs of RTA's (was going to go with the LSi9's) and moved on to the VR-2's because Darla ditched her LSi's for Von's. I'd heard the Von's about a year and a half ago and came across a really good deal I couldn't pass up. Otherwise I'd have LSi9's right now ;)
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Holydoc
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Well Doro are you placing the Cherry's up for sale too or instead? If so then deal done...now all we need to discuss is shipping.

;)
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Holydoc wrote:
    Well Doro are you placing the Cherry's up for sale too or instead? If so then deal done...now all we need to discuss is shipping.

;)

Nah, I gotta keep a pair for the vault. Thanks man, I'll keep you in mind when the robbery occurs ;)
  • halo
    edited December 2006
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    I know that the LSI's are better than my beloved RTA-8T's, But I truly can't handle the weight, plus the 15's are picky with placement to sound their best & there really is only one place for them to go.
    If the stars align just right and everything pans out my Von's will be available for sale soon. :eek: Sorry for the hi-jack / de-rail doro :o
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2006
    Options
    NO worries man, all audio is good audio and no Gnu's is good Gnu's.
  • halo
    edited December 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    NO worries man, all audio is good audio and no Gnu's is good Gnu's.
    Thanks Gary, uh, I mean Mark ;):)
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I was wondering if someone savvy would get that bizarre reference....you rock. What size T shirt do you wear? Email me dorokusai@comcast.net
  • Holydoc
    edited December 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    Nah, I gotta keep a pair for the vault. Thanks man, I'll keep you in mind when the robbery occurs ;)

Bah... a pox on you! A robbery was what I was trying to do! hehe :)

I wish you the best of luck with your sale. Right now I need to go buy a ski mask to prepare for the robbery when you decide to open that vault of yours again.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    I was wondering if someone savvy would get that bizarre reference....you rock. What size T shirt do you wear? Email me dorokusai@comcast.net

WOW, blast from a long ago past.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites