FS: Polk Audio LSi15 - Loudspeaker

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited February 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I need to move these out the door only because of the funds needed for hunting sharks in the Netherlands.

Polk Audio LSi15 - Piano Gloss/Ebony - 9/10 - *SOLD* to Demiurge

The LSi series have been a real eye opener for me, as I never really thought of Polk as a high end contender until I actually heard these in-house. Polk SDA's are a vintage stalwart but the days are numbered, as there are too many good speakers on the market now. It's not the 80's anymore.

The first LSi I heard was a pair of LSi7 that I picked up from Brett, and it remains one of my favorite bookies. I'm a bookend fan and always go out of my way to hear cool speakers in this category. I was hesitant to pick up a larger pair as I'm a planar junkie, but figured that I'm required to do so...beings I'm also a Polk junkie.

Wow, it's a very nice speaker indeed. I had no placement issues, as usual, and immediately got into a sweet spot that had me emplaced for hours. It's a directional speaker, but then again, so is a planar in a way...just depends on what extreme you view it in. The VIFA tweeter is really amazing and you would be hard pressed to find much better. This singular choice is THE home run for Polk on this series of loudspeaker.

Vocal representation is very accurate, bass is a Polk standard and midrange is perfectly laid back. I know some folks say the LSi is too laid back but on my rig, laid back is a requirement. I find it to be an easily integrated speaker, regardless of the choice of gear. I've run multiple pre-amps and multiple sources through it while in the main rig and it never failed to perform above it's price point. This speaker is just freaking good and its definetly been added to my black book.

I would keep them but it would just add to the plethora of stuff I have piled up already. The hobby changes, the needs and wants change....its simply the nature of the beast.

These are new style, seamless and in Ebony. The gloss work is flawless and the speakers have oh so not been abused.

Includes: Original everything and these are MAYBE 100 hours online. The crossover assembly on one of them has been removed, and printed for upgrade but I just didn't give a **** enough to worry about it. It's a stellar speaker, if it doesn't do what you want, buy another speaker as a crossover upgrade is the least of your worries.

SHIPPING: I'm not fond of the idea, but original packaging is included. IF I decide to do this with the buyer, the boxes will be reinforced and double walled but this whole shipping thing is on YOU. I think the deal is smoking so you pick up the tab for this stuff.

EDITED: The crossover was removed and the parts for a x-over upgrade were ordered but not installed. I didn't have the time and used some of the parts for another project anyways. The original x-over was always left intact and was simply put back in the speaker. The original explanation was a wee bit vague.

PLSi15800
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Great deal, hope you get plenty of responses.

Is this you getting out of audio or taking a break dorokusai? Or do you have something nice lined up for yourself in the near future?
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Ref - It's a long story but I'm trying to chill out. Polk Forum has an excellent crew, they seem to be doing just fine without me. Thanks for the comment.

-Mark
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Mark is fine, he's addicted to cans anyway. He's going to be at the Venetian and at THE SHOW soon, hifi is in his blood, nothing to see here except a stellar deal on some one owner, stupidly priced, minty gems.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Sean - Thanks but GOOD price? You would be correct in regards to the main rig...there is ONE piece that will never leave me alive, the amp....the rest is just stock gear so far. I like to have fun, you know that as well as I do. If you don't experiment and experience, you're wasting time.

Russ - I love headphones, no doubt. A good headphone rig is less painful and easy to play with these days. I'm hoping to actually get naked at CES this year....you?
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited November 2006
    Options
    How much is shipping to 55337? VERY interested.

Thanks!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Dane! Dane! Dane! Dane!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dane_peterson
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Is that a good or a bad "Dane!"?

I think I peed my pants a little bit when I saw this listing... I've spent countless hours looking for something. Could this be it?

Though probably not with the shipping situation. :(
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Cheering you on bro, for the best deal, on the cleanest pair of 15's on the planet!

Is this it? Could very well be broham. I just looked outside and the stars appear to be aligning.....
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Dane - Thanks for your interest. Email me dorokusai@comcast.net

Good deal? WTF If you find something better, PLEASE let me know.

I thought that this would be a no brainer.
  • dane_peterson
    edited November 2006
    Options
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Personally, I think Doro is making room for installation of a stripper pole at home. Who uses it is another story, but all his past talk of assless chaps makes ya wonder.

Rock on Mark! I don't even have time to keep the dust from collecting on my rig let alone listen to it.

Back to work....
    No excuses!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Son of a ****. :(
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Are these sold yet?
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I can't believe these are still for sale ... I figured they wouldn't last more then 15 minutes when I noticed them last night ...
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I can't believe these are still for sale ... I figured they wouldn't last more then 15 minutes when I noticed them last night ...

They would be but I already gave Mark all my money....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Still available and I'm not real interested in shipping them so local takes preference.

Grimster - I just emailed you back.
  • Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited November 2006
    Options
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Grimster74
    edited November 2006
    Options
    how and the hell do I get e-mail
  • Grimster74
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Do these come with free delivery, lmao.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I wouldn't go that far :)
  • Grimster74
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I don't remember Doro, are you the original owner of these speakers?
  • dane_peterson
    edited November 2006
    Options
    dorkusai, I understand your preference to not ship, but please reply to my other e-mails.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Grimster74 wrote:
    I don't remember Doro, are you the original owner of these speakers?

Yes.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    dorkusai, I understand your preference to not ship, but please reply to my other e-mails.

I did respond to them except for the recent crossover question of which I didn't understand what you were asking....?
  • dane_peterson
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Well you could have simply asked for clarification then! ;) I'll e-mail you.
  • Grimster74
    edited November 2006
    Options
    As this is a dream come true, I think I'm going to have to pass on them. If you would have put them up for sale on December 25th, I would have snatched them up in a heart beat (I promised the wife I wouldn't buy anything else until after X-mas for my H/T) so if just by chance they are available after the 25th, which I'm sure they will not be, but if by chance, they are mine. But for others interested, buy from Mark with confidence.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Well you could have simply asked for clarification then! ;) I'll e-mail you.

True, but I do actually have a couple other things to do in my life from time to time. :(
  • dane_peterson
    edited November 2006
    Options
    :) Indeed. So you gonna work out shipping for me?
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited November 2006
    Options
    can one you guys please just buy them! I just bought an amp and don't have the money to buy these, but if this sits around any longer, you guys might force me too!;) :D
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • dane_peterson
    edited November 2006
    Options
    tommyboy wrote:
    can one you guys please just buy them! I just bought an amp and don't have the money to buy these, but if this sits around any longer, you guys might force me too!;) :D

Trust me, I'm trying to! Funds are in my Paypal account. :)