Mike Vic,class act?

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited July 2007
    Can't take the ghetto out of some people,no matter what!!
    All that frickin' money and he plays with dog fighting and drugs.
    Whats up with todays athletes?? Are there no more role models for
    todays young black men?
    Vic is done,in my book anyway and hopefully in the NFL's.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    Another question that needs to be asked is "what the hell's up with Virginia Tech". Obviously, I'm not referring to the recent shootings. But their athletic programs are checkered to say the least.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2007
    Somebody called him a "sick human being". This organism is not human.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    Absolutely and positively true. Nowhere close to being on par with the dogs he tortured.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2007
    Thats disgusting what he did to those poor dogs. I sincerely hope he gets locked up for a good long while.

What is the deal with that family? They have so much natural talent and then just sabotage themselves with the trouble they go and cause.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2007
    What ever happened to presumed innocent until proven guilty?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2007
    This kind of stuff makes me want to puke.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Shizelbs
    edited July 2007

Do you honestly think he is innocent?

If a man covered in blood with a knife in his hand is hovering over a fresh corpse, I still am going to think he is guilty, even if the courts have yet to find him guilty. Know what I mean?
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited July 2007

'nuff said. :p
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Do you honestly think he is innocent?

I don't know. I'm just saying that I'm going to wait until all of the facts are presented before I join the "hang em' high " crowd. If he is guilty,I sincerely hope that he is stripped of everything that he holds dear to him,,,and more.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2007
    Free MUMIA!!!!!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited July 2007

Legally, he is. In the court of public opinion, no such rights exist. He's guilty of SOMETHING, all of this happened at his house. At the very least he turned a blind eye.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2007
    Well....we now know Goodell has no balls...:(
    And the league, it seems, is inclined to let him play.

After consulting with the Falcons, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and top league officials agreed Wednesday to let Vick play as the legal process determines the facts.

A person with knowledge of the meeting, who requested anonymity so the case would not be influenced, said the NFL would stick to that position for the foreseeable future, despite its new personal conduct policy.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Shizelbs
    edited July 2007
    One of Vick's co-defendants plead guilty today. That doesn't help Vick's case any. As I said before, if he truly is guilty of all those disgusting and horrible acts, I hope he gets a very stiff penalty.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    I would guess that he's entering a plea because of the possibility of further charges down the road. I mean, didn't they raid the house looking for drugs? It's possible this guy could end up facing much more than 6 years....

Hence, the singin'. You're right... this does not bode well for Vick in the slightest.

Also, it's my understanding that we have a hanging judge in the mix. And that he generally hands out the stiffest penalty possible. I remember hearing ESPN's "legal analyst" mentioning that the judge had never given out less than half the amount of possible prison time once a guilty verdict was reached.

We shall see.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited July 2007
    My guess is that he turns State's evidence against Vick, and rat's him out. Say goodbye to the big dollar shoe deals jagoff!
    Carl

• Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited July 2007
    Feed him to the dogs.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • bobman1235
    edited July 2007
    My friend brought up a good point today - why do they give these people deals for pleading guilty when they turn state's evidence? How does a confessed criminal's testimony help someone's case? "Here to corroborate our charges - a confessed felon. He's admitted to horrific things, but in this case, please believe him."
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited July 2007
    Here's one thing I find almost laughable in this case and the NFL and pro sports in particular - They take a hard line on Vick for dog-fighting of all things and want to flex their muscles about how tough they are on these types of "thugs". Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson and now Vick. Goodell has proved himself to be a no-nonsense commissioner. I just don't see how dog-fighting (as illegal, deplorable, disgusting, inhumane and any other word that comes to mind) demands this type of attention when everyday we read that another player has beaten the crap out of his wife / girlfriend, broke some guys face in a bar fight, was caught with drugs, etc., etc., etc. If they really want to do something have a suspension policy in place. My recommendation is an escalating penalty system for class A misdemeanors all the way up to felonies. Example would be class a misdemeanor = 2 game mandatory suspension with no paycheck or team contact. Felony = season; no questions asked. I am sure this is somehow flawed, but this crap is ruining the sport I plan my week around.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • bobman1235
    edited July 2007
    shawn474 wrote: »
    I just don't see how dog-fighting (as illegal, deplorable, disgusting, inhumane and any other word that comes to mind) demands this type of attention when everyday we read that another player has beaten the crap out of his wife / girlfriend, broke some guys face in a bar fight, was caught with drugs, etc., etc., etc.

It takes a certain level of deranged scumbag to snap and punch your wife or girlfriend. It takes a certain level of stupid to hop in a vehicle when you're intoxicated, or to make millions of dollars but still keep a bag of coke on you.

But if you ask me, it's a whole other level to do something that sick and deranged repeatedly, without provocation, to a defenseless animal. Anyone can snap and do something stupid, it shows a true degenerate to do it premeditatedly and repeatedly
  • Skynut
    edited July 2007
    I think Vic has the same type of problem jeffery dahmer (sp?) had and perhaps prison would have the same cure for him.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • bobman1235
    edited July 2007
    Skynut wrote: »
    I think Vic has the same type of problem jeffery dahmer (sp?) had and perhaps prison would have the same cure for him.

The same cure, meaning he'll be beaten to death in prison?
  • Skynut
    edited July 2007
    Works for me.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • davidk0512
    davidk0512 Posts: 157
    edited July 2007
    Something tells me that "if" Vick goes to the pen, he'll be treated as royalty by the inmate population. Those guys afterall are not pillars of society and I would bet that to them dog fighting is not near as repulsive as it is to most of us. Defending himself in court needs to cost him lots of money and he needs to lose his ability to make money like he has in the NFL.
    David
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited July 2007
    he'll still make millions on his (blemished) name alone.

The co-defendent who pled guilty says Vick pretty much bankrolled the entire operation. I hope he rots in jail. And then I wish the media would just blacklist him so we never hear about him again. That's the only way he still won't profit from all of this someday down the road.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    DavidK... I actually kind of have the opposite feeling. Think how many scumbags would like to have the fact that they kicked Michael Vick's **** under their belt?
  • Demiurge
    edited July 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    The same cure, meaning he'll be beaten to death in prison?

.....with a preacher bar from a weight machine and crushing his skull. :o
  • Shizelbs
    edited July 2007
    Tank Johnson had a bunch of illegal weapons. I don't believe he did anything violent or hurt anyone. To me what Vick did is on a different level of wrong and I think the attention he is getting is well deserved.
  • Demiurge
    edited July 2007
    Well, for perspective I will say it's interesting that killed animals > killed humans. IMO, that's effin' sad. That's not in defense of what Michael Vick did -- just shows how much we devalue human life these days.

Ray Lewis, O.J. Simpson, Ray Caruth, etc...Vick is hated more than any of those guys combined.
  • Drumingman
    Drumingman Posts: 348
    edited July 2007
    shawn474 wrote: »
    Here's one thing I find almost laughable in this case and the NFL and pro sports in particular - They take a hard line on Vick for dog-fighting of all things and want to flex their muscles about how tough they are on these types of "thugs". Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson and now Vick. Goodell has proved himself to be a no-nonsense commissioner. I just don't see how dog-fighting (as illegal, deplorable, disgusting, inhumane and any other word that comes to mind) demands this type of attention when everyday we read that another player has beaten the crap out of his wife / girlfriend, broke some guys face in a bar fight, was caught with drugs, etc., etc., etc. If they really want to do something have a suspension policy in place. My recommendation is an escalating penalty system for class A misdemeanors all the way up to felonies. Example would be class a misdemeanor = 2 game mandatory suspension with no paycheck or team contact. Felony = season; no questions asked. I am sure this is somehow flawed, but this crap is ruining the sport I plan my week around.

Shawn

That's the way you Maryland people think. Do anything you want, screw who you want, kill dogs but don't smoke a cigarette. Oh and you also Harbor Our Illegal friends from south of the border. You guys are a fine example for the rest of the country, GAME ON! :cool: