Election day.

Options

Comments

• Drumingman
    Drumingman Posts: 348
    edited November 2006
    Options
    The good thing happens to be free range sex for everyone!
    The bad thing is No Smoking when you're done..:cool:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Its mostly about the Hokey Pokey. Really it is.

I took great pleasure in voting yesterday.

You don't know how close to the truth that statement really is. I too am proud I have the right to vote for whoever I choose. Problem is....it's all BS. Nothing changes...nothing is going to change. Same song....different singers. It's been a long time since we've seen a politician or political group that truly has the fate of the nation as a whole as their primary concern. Politics and political parties are all about THEIR adgenda. We have a new "mandate" now. We will have another one in the future. I didn't vote for a single candidate that lost. Big %^$# deal. I'm simply glad the whole think is over (for too short a time) and I don't have to listen to all the BS . Politics SUCK!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2006
    Options
    If Mr. Santorum had ANY morals, he wouldn't be under a landslide right now.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2006
    Options
    If Mr. Santorum had ANY morals, he wouldn't be under a landslide right now.

Nope, you are GROSSLY overestimating the intelligence of the voters in this state. Santorum did eff up in the campaign, but his voting record in congress (which is what counts, right?) is extremely strong and consistant.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • nebborjk
    nebborjk Posts: 425
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I actually admire Santorum more now than before. Were some of this views controversial, sure. At least he stuck to his guns. He could have been just another weather vane senator with one finger in the air telling the voters want they wanted to hear. The voters always knew were he stood on the issues. That's more than most people can say about their senator.
    Proud SOPA Member since 2005!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2006
    Options
    well, we'll watch what the Dems do with the football. As much as I worry about them tilting hard left under Pelosi and Ried (as someone eloquently put it :) ), I dont think your gonna see that hard left tilt with 2008 right around the corner.

whoever said this actually increases repulicans chances for the presidency in 08 is dead on. if the house and senate and presidency stayed republican, there is nothing to fight against. If the Dems are stupid, then there will be a rallying cry so to speak when 08 comes around.

glad Lieberman won by the way, I was SO pulling for him :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2006
    Options
    As shack pointed out, nothing is going to radically change. Part of that is just the way the system is designed. Our founding fathers built in gridlock.

Politicians have ALWAYS cared more about power than anything, however, I'd say the last person to really give a rats **** was Truman.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2006
    Options
    BDT,

Right on, its supposed to be hard to get something done in government. The Fathers specifically made our gov processes inefficient yet extremely effective. Some astute lawyer's would like to change this for the benefit of a client, so there is a push from this rather small group as to their interpretation of our Constitution. Lawyers become Judges.

RT1
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Casey 61%, Scumtorum 39%. He got his **** absolutely destroyed. Sweet. Dollars to donuts there's no concession speech.

George, I knew you were a sensible, educated man. As glad as I am that he lost, he did actually give a very polite concession speech. Heard it just a few minutes ago on the only political radio we get here: one sided, conservative talk. The only graceful move I have ever heard from that man.

F1, just because one votes Democrat doesn't mean they are in favor of higher taxes. It's the lesser of two evils, IMO. Either you vote with your pocketbook or you vote with your convictions. For some, both those things lean Republican. For me, my convictions are stronger than my total oppossition to new and higher taxes.

For my part, I truly hope the two sides can actually learn to work together, although I am skeptical. With out a doubt, the people have spoken. The results are obvious: Dissatisfaction with Republicans and the leader of their party is loud and clear.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • TroyD
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I would hope so too, however, let's not kid ourselves about the Democrats willingness to reach across the aisle. Two examples:

No Child Left Behind? Bush let Ted Kennedy write it and then they flogged Bush for it's inadequacies.

Medicare bill, this is a Democrat wet dream. Biggest spending bill ever and something Democrats have been promising for a decade.

If you look at the BS being spewed forth by politicians this election cycle, I'd have to give the edge to Democrats in terms of pure petulance.

Of 435 seats up for grabs, the democrats are going to wind up around +30. I wouldn't call that an overwhelming majority. If dissatisfaction with the Republicans was as deep as the news would have you believe, you'd think that majority would be a lot bigger. Senate, same thing. Again, I'm not painting a happy face on the Congressional Republicans, they are morons and deserved to lose. I viewed this election less as an endorsement of the Democratic platform (which there really isn't one) than a rejection of Republican incompetence.

Taxes do NOT need to be raised. Reagan proved (as was again proved by Bush) that the best way to raise tax receipts is to lower the tax rates. What we have YET to really accomplish, more importantly is that gov't needs to spend LESS.

BDT
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    Taxes do NOT need to be raised. Reagan proved (as was again proved by Bush) that the best way to raise tax receipts is to lower the tax rates. What we have YET to really accomplish, more importantly is that gov't needs to spend LESS.

BDT

couldnt say it better myself. no one ever mentions that tax revenues are at the highest they have ever been, WITH THE TAX CUTS.

raising the taxes will pummel the economy, plain and simple.

I never understood the whole tax cut for the rich argument, because A) according to them, I'm rich, and thats frikkin hilarious in its own right. god, imagine if I had kids, it would be even more laughable if there werent people in that situation, and b) of course the ones who pay the most taxes are going to benefit the most from any tax cut. Its just pure logic.

like I said, well see where this goes.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Thanks Univera. You're right. This morning watching the 5:30 news I sat slack-jawed and listened to his concession speech.

Hey Diggs,

Those people whose intelligence I have so much overestimated...... aren't those the same people who voted him INTO office a few times? They must've gotten awful dumb awful quick, or they saw enough of that boys act to make them as sick to their stomachs as I am.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Either that or they drank the Koolaid. Still find it humorous that the same people figuring out how to run our country can't operate a touchscreen computer. Just great... Lucky your out of the military now...

Me, I'd rather have a leader representing me than a follower, which is what Casey is. I wonder if he'll show up to more than 30% of his work days now that he's made the senate. Just wait, the guy is an even bigger loser than Santorum.

Please don't tell me that you actually think that Casey is the better representative in the Senate...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited November 2006
    Options
    buh bye Rumsfeld.

seriously, he's stepping down immediately.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited November 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Sad day here in Maryland. I can already feel those liberal Democratic hands on my wallet! :mad: :mad: :mad:

like you'll notice any difference...they're all crooks anyways..republicans, democrats..doesnt matter...

I also like how that scum Bill Frist succeeded in piggy-backing a bill onto the port security bill that basically tries to ban online poker..With all the problems in the world, we are worried about someone playing a $5 sitngo?...but, of course, it's ok to have horse racing...

You could regulate online poker and make BILLIONS in tax dollars...but you wouldn't want that...makes too much sense..

Plus Bill Frist is a scum in a major sense if you read his history...good republican representative...

like I said...they're all shite
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • ahorvitz
    ahorvitz Posts: 235
    edited November 2006
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Well, not to get off the bipartisan bickering, but I can't BELIEVE question one didn't pass in friggin Massachusetts. It was to allow wine sales in grocery stores. That's it. Wine sales, not beer. Grocery stores. And people voted it down. This state pretends to be so progressive and open-minded, when in fact they're just a bunch of closed-**** Puritans who are still afraid of alcohol. It just BOGGLES my MIND.

Also, Deval Patrick won governor, which means I can kiss the rest of my paycheck good bye. I really need to start saving up for a house in New Hampshire... unfortunately my job is in Mass so I'm screwed either way.

Yeah, no wine in GROCERY STORES! It wasn't even close- ridiculous. **** marriage- OK. Wine sales in grocery stores- not in MA.

I didn't like Healey much, but the three headed monster of Patrick, DiMasi, and Travaglini is downright scary.
    Main Rig
    Pioneer Elite SC-05, Rotel RMB-1075
    RT800i, CS400i, RT35i, FXi50, Klipsch RSW-12
    Pioneer Elite DV F-07, PS3, Wii
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    SC Analog 2, BJC Speaker Wire
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi, Pioneer Elite DV-47a
    Cambridge Soundworks, MC150 (Center), MC100 x 4, Mirage LF-150

Office

Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, (need a quality CDP), RT55i
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Still find it humorous that the same people figuring out how to run our country can't operate a touchscreen computer.

Scary really!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited November 2006
    Options
    krabby5 wrote:
    like you'll notice any difference...they're all crooks anyways..republicans, democrats..doesnt matter...

In general, I agree. However, we've had Dem's for Governor's for as long as I can remember. 4 years ago, with a 4 billion dollar deficit thanks to all those spend happy Dem's, we got a Republican Governor and we now have a 2 billion dollar surplus. So, what do the good people of Maryland do? Vote him out of office because those same people that can't figure out how to use a touchscreen computer without a lot of help haven't been getting their "free handouts."

Out of 24 justisdictions only 5 voted in the majority for the Dem's. Unfortunately, those 5 have a lot of "free handout" people in them.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Pretty broad brush, Jesse. Two of the most affluent counties in the US, let alone MD:

Howard - (R)45,050 (D)47,271
    Montgomery - (R)96,476 (D)168,493
  • F1nut
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Moneygomery isn't what it use to be. Sure, there's still a lot of money there, but there's a whole lot more of without's than there use to be.

Edit: I may have been a wee bit broad with the brush. :)

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,296
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Moving down the row of tables at the polling station, getting my credentials verified by election judges, one of the poll workers gave me an excellent bit of advice:
    "Sir, your door is open".
    Looking down, I saw she was correct. :eek:

And that's what makes our country great. That the vote of the guy with his zipper down counts just as much as the guy with his zipper up.
    Sal Palooza
  • shack
    edited November 2006
    Options
    krabby5 wrote:
    Plus Bill Frist is a scum in a major sense if you read his history...good republican representative...

Have you ever met Dr. Frist? I have...on several occasions...more business related that political. I would not care what political party he is affiliated with, he is a good person, a good doctor, a good senator. He is intelligent, honest and honorable. He has been good for the state of Tennessee and IMO good for the country. To call someone scum because he does something you don't like is what is exactly what wrong with the state of American politics today. You don't care what good he has done, but since you don't agree with his politics, he is scum. :rolleyes:

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Shack,

My friend, you have hit the nail on the head.

This is what pisses me off most about the current state of affairs. We have managed to turn differences in philosophy into personal grudges. It's too bad that we can't actually have an election where each person lays out his beliefs and let folks decide for themselves.

BDT
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2006
    Options
    It's tough, when people are so passionate about some of the issues. When you have libs calling every Republican / conservative a warmonger (and other similar thigns on BOTH sides), it tends to lead to some bad blood.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,296
    edited November 2006
    Options
    shack wrote:
    Have you ever met Dr. Frist? I have...on several occasions...more business related that political. I would not care what political party he is affiliated with, he is a good person, a good doctor, a good senator. He is intelligent, honest and honorable. He has been good for the state of Tennessee and IMO good for the country. To call someone scum because he does something you don't like is what is exactly what wrong with the state of American politics today. You don't care what good he has done, but since you don't agree with his politics, he is scum. :rolleyes:

I think Bill Frist is scum because he does things that I don't like.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/moonshotacres/PAFIndex.htm
    Sal Palooza
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited November 2006
    Options
    People seem to forget or really belive all the negative campaigning, that although they are all power hungry (human nature) all people running for office think they can make a positive change to our country.
    To bad elections bring out the ugliest in canidates. If you want to hear conversation that will make your jaw drop, work the polls or go to a political dinner and listen to some side conversation.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • shack
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I think Bill Frist is scum because he does things that I don't like.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/moonshotacres/PAFIndex.htm

Lot's of misinformation there...and EXACTLY the type of stuff that has turned American politics into the sewer it has become.

• krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited November 2006
    Options
    shack wrote:

ummmm..no

How is banning online poker intelligent?

Do you realize how much money can be generated if it were regulated?

Honorable? He's been investigated for insider trading..

Honest? When he was in med school he would "adopt" dogs and cats from humane societies so he could dissect them...Of course the humane society was lied to..

As you can tell, I don't have much faith in our political leaders...to me, all they care about is the power and the ability to help their own agendas..

I don't care what political party Frist is affiliated with...
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited November 2006
    Options
    shack wrote:
    Lot's of misinformation there...and EXACTLY the type of stuff that has turned American politics into the sewer it has become.

That is the statement of the year. I notice that every news or information source has its own agenda.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • shack
    edited November 2006
    Options
    krabby5 wrote:
    How is banning online poker intelligent?
    More intelligent than playing internet poker.
    krabby5 wrote:
    Honorable? He's been investigated for insider trading..
    Investigated doesn't mean guilty of...
    krabby5 wrote:
    Honest? When he was in med school he would "adopt" dogs and cats from humane societies so he could dissect them...Of course the humane society was lied to...
    You know that how? Back then there were no questions asked. They were probably euthanized as humanely as the society would have.

We can go on and on. Regardless of his party you make personal assumtions about a man you don't know. You don't like his politics. Fine. But the name calling and so forth is not necessary. I guess the days of civility and having honest disagreement of the issues is forever lost to sensationalism and extreme polarity of viewpoints. I, like the majority of Tennesseans who took the time to vote....voted Dr. Frist into office...twice. I would do so again and never have a single doubt. You did not have a say (as a non Tennessean) in that process. You may in the future if he decides to run for President someday. I would vote for him and be proud to do so.