• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited November 2006
    Options
    MSALLA wrote:
    Don't forget to vote.

A lil' late in your message...:D

Unless, we're talking West Coast:p
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Performed my civic duty about an hour ago.

We had the new touch screen voting devices. Worked silky smooth. I like 'em.
    No excuses!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I voted my conscience today. Ours voting devies were little vinyl buttons with red LEDs. Pretty simple compared to the old manual switches.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I do the early voting thing and get it out of the way.

One thing tho, I would just like to say:
    "I WILL BE SO GLAD WHEN THIS ELECTION IS OVER!"

The Senate race here in TN is the ugliest Ive seen in many years and there are tons of commercials all the time. Im so sick of it!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Strong Bad
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Dude, I got so sick of a certain Maryland candidate's election camp calling every damn night asking for support. There were days when they called twice!
    No excuses!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Voted at the local Elementary school, right before I picked up whistle britches. It couldn't have been easier to be an American today.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Adios Mr. Santorum. Don't let the door hit you in the **** on the way out.
  • Strong Bad
    edited November 2006
    Options
    LOL George!

A note to Senate candidate Michael Steele...

Don't let Mike Tyson and Don King show up and proclaim their support to you. Whoops, watch that door Mikey!
    No excuses!
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Casey 61%, Scumtorum 39%. He got his **** absolutely destroyed. Sweet. Dollars to donuts there's no concession speech.
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Voted this morning from the Capital of Corruption, Cook Co. Illinois.

Lotso problems as usual with voting. Machines don't work, judges don't know $hit about anything and long lines. I'm so fed up with all candidates this time around. None of them deserve anything. Never seen it so ugly.

So, that said, like the ole Chicago saying, "I voted early, I voted often".

BTW, my father's name was listed right after mine. He's been deceased for almost 15 years now. I wonder who he voted for today? :rolleyes:
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Dang George, I don't know the fella, but I've officially added Senor Scrotorum to my fecal list.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    Options
    He's a reptile of the first magnitude. Can't think of a politico at this point who is more repulsive. Well maybe two, but they are comfortably ensconced for another two years.

Santorum is from across the river in Transylvania, and was the first (and maybe only) senator that rushed down to Fla. for the Terry Schiavo thing.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2006
    Options
    This is the weirdest election in recent memory.

Republicans are losing bigtime......to conservative, gun toting, pro life, pro war Democrats.

Is there a magnetic reversal of the poles going on that we dont know about?

Even tho the GOP is out of power, it looks like Congress is going to be more conservative than it has been in 10 years!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2006
    Options
    How they run is one thing.............how they really vote may be another.

Politicians do whatever they have to to get the power, then screw those that put them there. It takes a real leader to run, and stand by their promises. Party lines are extremely hard to cross for the new guy.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2006
    Options
    IE, Hillary making her run towards 'the middle'?

Makes me sick. We need the patriots to stand up, we need a revolution - parties aside, TRUE values and beliefs to the front line please.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I believe the Senate has already crossed over. So far, 47-47 counting the two Independents that almost always side with the Democratic caucus, even Lieberman.

(2:10am update)

Montana- Dems are up by 26,000 votes - 51-47% with 70% precents reporting. Mathmatically speaking, given Montana's population, and the rest of the precents being 60-70% democratic, this one seems to be over.

Missouri- Democrats and McCaskill have officially won with the Republican conceding.

Dems have officially won Virginia by 3,000 with all 100% precents reporting. Odds are, the recount will reflect this and change nothing.

Trifecta.

Watching that stray camera catch Fred Barnes munching on that cookie was priceless.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited November 2006
    Options
    why is eating a cookie priceless tv? (just askin)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • aaharvel
    edited November 2006
    Options
    brettw22 wrote:
    why is eating a cookie priceless tv? (just askin)

you should've seen it. Tried to hide it like a kid robbing a cookie jar. Krystol was trying not to laugh.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited November 2006
    Options
    ah.........ok
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,855
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Sad day here in Maryland. I can already feel those liberal Democratic hands on my wallet! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,296
    edited November 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Sad day here in Maryland. I can already feel those liberal Democratic hands on my wallet! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wouldn't be too sure, F1.....from what I hear, there's quite a number of unemployed Republicans right now; maybe one of them is looking for a soft touch. :rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,855
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Hmmm......you're creepy!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• aaharvel
    edited November 2006
    Options
    imo the bigger picture here isn't the Democrats regaining control of Congress but the fact (or at least the hope) that this signals the end of the neo-conservative movement. Thank God.

Traditional, heartland Ronald Reagan conservatives now for the first time in 12years finally have the opportunity to take their party back and imo there are many disenfranchised republicans out there who are unhappy with the current state of the Republican party. You know who you are.

I'm sure many on this forum are probably pissed right now- and that's fine. Man i've been there. But this gives alot of conservatives a moment of pause to figure out who they really are - a Reagan Republican or a Bush Republican. I'd be willing to bet most conservatives in this country hold Reagan on a higher pedestal and they should. I do, he was a great president. I can't say the same for this one.

His judgement cometh, and that right soon.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

• W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited November 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Hey Jesse,I am kind of glad to see Gov" Bobby Haircut" take a hike! :D thanks....WCW III
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • Strong Bad
    edited November 2006
    Options
    One thing is for sure, the Republicans don't have a shot in hell in keeping the White House come 2008. The Lord could run for them and it still won't happen.
    No excuses!
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Pfft...they'll need a shovel and a map to find your loot. :D

Cha cha cha cha changes.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2006
    Options
    It was bound to happen.

Honestly, the Republican booted it. They had the same problem the Democrats had with Clinton...trying to hug him for some things and distance themselves otherwise. The Democrats have been running on the 'Bush Sucks' platform since 2002, this year it got traction. Historically, though, for 2 term presidents, the midterms in thier second terms are bloodbaths.

Personally, I think that the Republicans in congress needed the old heave-ho. For the most part they jacked up a BUNCH of stuff. Spending is out of control again, immigration is a mess, the medicare plan is a disaster (a Democrat's wet dream though)....so, yeah, a housecleaning is in order.

Now, I think this all will actually HELP Republicans in the 2008 elections. Why you may ask? Well, I'll tell you. From what I've heard from the Democrats, they are more interested in retribution for the last 6 years than anything else. IF they persue that course of action, it WILL bite them in the ****. Plus, this should serve as a wakeup call that what the real Republican base DEMANDS are conservatives. Reagan conservatives. Strong defense, limited gov't intervention (including social issues). The Republicans have been trying to be all things to all people. Problem with that is, they have pissed off the conservatives and failed to convert Democrats.

Anyhow, I still wouldn't hold my breath for radical changes. Democratic control of the House is an annoyance, they don't have an overwhelming majority either. The Senate, if it goes Democrat, same thing. Unless you've got 60 votes, you aren't going to be able to ramrod issues.

Anyhow, we'll see.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Well, not to get off the bipartisan bickering, but I can't BELIEVE question one didn't pass in friggin Massachusetts. It was to allow wine sales in grocery stores. That's it. Wine sales, not beer. Grocery stores. And people voted it down. This state pretends to be so progressive and open-minded, when in fact they're just a bunch of closed-**** Puritans who are still afraid of alcohol. It just BOGGLES my MIND.

Also, Deval Patrick won governor, which means I can kiss the rest of my paycheck good bye. I really need to start saving up for a house in New Hampshire... unfortunately my job is in Mass so I'm screwed either way.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Its mostly about the Hokey Pokey. Really it is.

I took great pleasure in voting yesterday.

RT1
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote:
    One thing is for sure, the Republicans don't have a shot in hell in keeping the White House come 2008. The Lord could run for them and it still won't happen.

Couldn't disagree more. If anything, this will make a Republican candidate stronger. Once the Dems show their true colors (I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing they ran on middle ground and will ine up behind Pelosi and Reid when it's time to vote), the electorate will finally grow a brain stem. The Republicans are bad, the current dems are worse. (I'd love to have the 80's or earlier vintage dems anyday over either party today)

George: I'd rather have a guy who has a moral backbone and is willing to stick to it than the brainless suit we elected ( who has yet to take a position on ANYTHING beyond "I'm, not Rick Santorum")

Congrats Libs, I sincerely hope you move the country the right way. I'll really be wanting to know that the extra $10G's I'm going to be paying in taxes are going to something worthwhile and not to some highschool dropout "artist" working on a fifth illegitimate child.

EDIT: Troy, right there 100% If the Dems live up to their promises, this was a good move, if they live up to their threats, it was horrendously stupid.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin