Mustang "Cropdusting"

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited July 2006
    audiobliss wrote:
    Oh, and I'm not even going to acknowledge brett's comment....:D
    Already did.......

And to add to it, let me say it's unfortunate that your 'laid' experience involved machinery.......some would call that.........kinky............you freak.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2006
    freak!
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • HiPerf360
    HiPerf360 Posts: 436
    edited July 2006
    I can honestly tell you that I do not like Dodge. I dont "not like" alot of brands. But Honda and Dodge are right up there with a few I would never buy. I dont have a specific reason either... lol

Ill never buy Chevy or GMC because I cant stand the people that own them. "You shoulda bought a Chevy" - No you dumb@$$, you should of bought a Ford.

;)

I had a boring day at work...

WTF????

You are banished from talking about anything automotive forever!

....that goes for bed liner speakers too!
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited July 2006
    dammit toby, I gotta work "today." ****... ;)
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,528
    edited July 2006
    HiPerf360 wrote:
    WTF????

You are banished from talking about anything automotive forever!

....that goes for bed liner speakers too!

What vehicle do you drive?

Im guessing Honda.

But yeah, Ill talk about it all day. Brand bias annoys me.

I will go ahead and tell you that Honda, Dodge, Chevy, Ford, GMC, ETC ETC make very good vehicles - all very reliable. Particularly Honda...

I think Honda is built as cheap as possible and the engine is the only good part. But the engines isnt good if you can total your car when you hit something going like 10 mph...

Dodge, I dont like the way they look...

Chevy and GMC - the owners have made me NEVER want to support that company or its fan base.

Ford - I like my truck, but its just like Chevy/GMC - once I get rid of this thing, I wouldnt mind going back to them - but it wouldnt be desired...

And truck bed liner speakers are very durable....
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • HiPerf360
    edited July 2006
    Dude... you just dont get it.....

I have all three... and then some.

....No Hondas
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Congratulations.

So you own Chevy, GMC, Ford?...

Or Dodge, Chevy, Ford?

Either way... thats good for you. Im actually very happy for you. This is me... Happy that you own every brand of vehicle.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    And "Dude" dont make a post saying I dont get it - and make an equally dumb statement like you owning all 3 is important to me or that I think it makes you more knowledgeable than a rock.

Explain... ;)
  • brettw22
    edited July 2006
    Most of the cars on the market have damage to them in 10mph crash tests. I have 95k miles on my Honda and the thing is still running great. Of course their engines are a major draw to the ownership experience, but there are a lot worse cars out there with regard to crash ratings than honda's.
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    I imagine so...

my sister ran into the back of a guy at 15 mph...

1) She needed a new hood
    2) 2 new front fenders
    3) realigned molding
    4) new bumper

Over 1,000 easy in damages at 15 mph... thats absolutely horrid.
  • brettw22
    edited July 2006
    The lesson isn't that $1000 is absurd......it's don't run into people.
  • exalted512
    edited July 2006
    I imagine so...

my sister ran into the back of a guy at 15 mph...

1) She needed a new hood
    2) 2 new front fenders
    3) realigned molding
    4) new bumper

Over 1,000 easy in damages at 15 mph... thats absolutely horrid.
    im guessing youve never taken physics. When you have a couple thousand pounds of rolling mass going 15 mph, coming to a complete stop within a couple seconds, damage is going to be done.

Try this, run as fast as you can into a pole, see if you break anything. And you have a lot less momentum than a car does
    -Cody
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Eh... something tells me if Honda didnt use like plastic/cheap steel on all of their vehicles - it wouldnt of had that problem.

I imagine if she had a steel bumper vs. plastic - there would of been alot less damage to the hood/fenders - instead of the bumper just giving in, the entire effing front end gave in...

And Brett, she didnt learn - she ran into a U-Turn sign! hahaha
  • exalted512
    edited July 2006
    Eh... something tells me if Honda didnt use like plastic/cheap steel on all of their vehicles - it wouldnt of had that problem.

I imagine if she had a steel bumper vs. plastic - there would of been alot less damage to the hood/fenders - instead of the bumper just giving in, the entire effing front end gave in...

And Brett, she didnt learn - she ran into a U-Turn sign! hahaha
    have you looked on the new fords, chevys, and dodges? Even the trucks dont have all metal bumpers anymore, aside from the back one...which wouldnt help much if you hit something
    -Cody
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Call me old school.

I will make sure when I get a new truck to put an aftermarket steel front bumper.

And thats how the cookie crumbles.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2006
    Sid's right. Ive seen this happen several times. When I was a mall cop, youd see little Honda's smack into a pickup or van and the Honda looks like a building fell on it while the truck has a small dent in the bumper!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited July 2006
    The crumples are suppose to happen....the car sacrifices itself for the driver. Personally, I don't want to take the brunt of the accident with my body just so my steel bumper stay intact.

You won't be around to drive that bumper with internal injuries yourself. Get a clue................
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2006
    There aint gonna be much "brunt" at 10 mph which is as fast as these people we're talking about were going.

Im not talking about a head on collision on the freeway, Im talking about somebody pulling out of a parking lot.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    10-20 mph, your car should have minimal damages and all you should have is a sore neck and possible bruises...

Hondas "absorb" far to much if thats the case. Sounds like a bad excuse for "Poorly Constructed"...
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited July 2006
    Now Sid... you say that "brand bias annoys me"... and yet you're going on and on about how you love ford and hate chevy, dodge, and Honda. Who's being hypocritical now?

When I had my '94 Ranger, it had a continuous list of things that needed to be replaced. Granted, it had 102k when I bought it, and 134k when I traded it in.

I can tell you without a doubt that my 2001 Accord is constructed far better than my Ranger could ever dream of. This car is sealed up TIGHT, and has no rattles or squeeks, even when you're pushing it on the bumpiest of roads. BUT, I'm not going to say that Ford sucks or that Honda's are better than Fords. Why?

1. My Ford was a truck.... My Honda is a car... two very different categories in terms of what defines quality.
    2. My Ford was a 94, my Honda is a 01. I have no experience with new Fords, or old Hondas.
    3. I really don't give a **** what you buy, as long as I'm happy with what I've bought.

Perhaps a lot of your bias comes from ricers in Civics blasting around with **** cans and a loud boomy system claiming that their cars are the best. I've got news for anyone who says that a Honda, Ford, chevy, GMC, Dodge, Toyota or whatever brand is the "best".... you're right! If it's the best for you, for what you want to do, and for what you can afford, then you're absolutely right.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited July 2006
    I really like both our Nissan and Honda vehicles :).
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    First and foremost.

I never said I love Ford. Just to get that out of the air, I actually dislike Ford as much as I dislike Chevy, GMC, Dodge, etc - its just a matter that when I was searching for a truck - the LAST thing on my mind was brand.

As for your Rangers, it dosnt surprise me of the troubles you had.

My entire rant was started because of the comment about what I* drive (a Ford). I am just so sick and tired of the comments about how Chevy/GMC is better when I honestly think they are the same exact vehicle with a different name.

Hondas are built GOOD - until you hit something. Make no mistake that if you were to hit something, you will need to rebuild your car - I garuntee you. Ive seen 3 or 4 Hondas completely fall apart around the edges after hitting something. But until that point, they are like any other manufacture - if you do regular maintence and take care of it, it will treat you good. Period and end.

Dosnt matter what you own, if you dont take care of it - its not going to be a good ride for you.

Regardless...

I particularly like Toyota, I dont like everything Toyota makes - I just like their Tundra and I have my sites set on it, make no mistake about it.

I will go ahead and tell you that I own a 91 Ford and Ive had no problems with it other than putting some stop leak in the radiator and it has 160,000 miles on it. To me, my truck defines what a "good ol truck" is. It runs good, very smooth ride - tight transmission, dosnt leak anywhere - great truck. Ive seen Chevys with 300,000 + miles on it. This goes back to the whole taking care of it.

Honda and Toyota seem to be the only two brands that CONSISTENTLY show up on the used market with vehicles in the 300,000+ range.

HOWEVER, Toyota in my eyes offers one thing over Honda and thats steel. Im sorry, after seeing the Hondas fall apart, I have no real respect for that brand. Nothing to do with Ricer - I just cant see myself owning a car where if I accidently hydroplaned at a stop light and rammed someone at 10 mph that I would have to rebuild my entire front end from the ground up. Just...cant.

You can call it brand bias or whatever, but I dont like Chevy because of the owners, nothing to do with the actual brand. I dont like Ford that much - just because I relate it to Chevy. Dodge - dont like the way they look, but they have a TON* of power. See the post above, the only brand I hold a bias* torward is Toyota. And I only like one vehicle they make really.

Reliability goes two ways, working and staying together.

PS: All my comments are Honda not using steel in the bumpers and strong panels... has squat to do with Ford.

Old Chevys, GMC, Dodge, etc anything before 94 really - they can take a beating.
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2006
    Noah! Where you been bro? Havent seen you around in a while.

• brettw22
    edited July 2006
    I know you live for as broad a generalization as you can make about things......
    I just cant see myself owning a car where if I accidently hydroplaned at a stop light and rammed someone at 10 mph that I would have to rebuild my entire front end from the ground up. Just...cant.
    Cody is right......you need to understand the force behind a 2-3 THOUSAND pound moving machine. Every car is going to have damage, and while you might think $1000 is a lot for an accident, price out some other cars and I think you'll be thankful for the $1000 (that you're not paying). It also has a lot to do with WHAT you hit. Hit a truck, probably gonna cause more damage than hitting a Hundai. Such is life, but that doesn't mean Honda is making a sub-par vehicle.
    PS: All my comments are Honda not using steel in the bumpers and strong panels...
    Show me a car made in the last 5 years that has a metal outer bumper. What are you saying Honda's making their body panels out of if not steel?
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited July 2006
    Man, this thread seems to be full of passion. I don't burn out for two reasons.

1.) Waste of tires

2.) It's an Avalon, front tires spinning looks dumb

Also, while I love Toyota, if I buy a new car it will be domestic. The possibility of Detroit going bankrupt makes me sick to think about so, I will support them. So with that, here's to the Saturn Sky Redline my (hopefully) next car (After college loans are paid off, I get a steady job and can afford one. Or even sign the loan for one :D ).
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • HiPerf360
    edited July 2006
    Sid...

Calm down, you are not an automotive person and that is ok. A little brand ribbing is accepted between friends, it means nothing.

We can compare this to you trying to teach your friend why there is a difference between Wal-Mart stereo systems and high end components.

What’s the saying? You don’t know that you don’t know.
  • HiPerf360
    edited July 2006
    BTW-

When talking about performance cars crop-dusting does not refer to tire smoke, but a haze of exhaust. This can be caused by a bunch of different things but it is usually from an improperly tuned nitrous system.
  • HiPerf360
    edited July 2006
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Hiperf -

Brand ribbing, dosnt bother me. But the first 5 times I heard "To bad its a Ford" "You shoulda bought a Chevy" yada yada - I was fine. But it seems every f*cking Chevy owner has to put their opinion in my business. I do NOT care what the hell you drive or if its a Chevy or a tin can. I personally do not like Chevy or GMC because of this problem. I imagine I am not the first person either, its annoying as hell at how stupid the owners actually are. I dont care how much you know about vehicles. You may be able to lay down 100 reasons why Chevy is the god of automotives.

As for this whole 10-15 mph crash deal...

Ok, seriously - if you like to rebuild your car after a 10-15 mph crash. That is your business. But there is no way I am going to get SERIOUSLY injured at 15 mph, buckled up in my 5,000 pound vehicle.

If I were to run into someone at 15 mph... I have a feeling I'm going to be replacing my bumper... and possibly getting a few scratches on my grill.

And thats how it should be in my opinion. I shouldnt have to rebuild everything from the ground up after hitting someone at those speeds. You may be ok with it and you may think its preventing major injuries at those speeds. But if you get harmed that bad in a 15 mph crash - there was something wrong with you BEFORE the crash most likely...

Hell, Ive been in a wreck (I wasnt driving) where we were sitting at a stop light and we were hit at 45 mph from the back.. I was sitting in the back seat... only thing wrong with me was a headache and I was crying. Something tells me a slight bump at 15 shouldnt be detremental to my health.
  • exalted512
    edited July 2006
    ok, so what car of any brand thats relatively new will not get a smashed hood hitting something at 15mph?