Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    icm4o81m4qd1.jpg I can remember the streets being packed with trick or treaters. this year we had ZERO kids.......and lots of candy for me

• BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    mmgyi7npmekk.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,507
    Options
    55q1v6p1vsfa.jpg

A GT Performer? Chick's hot, but pretty sure Eddie Fiola is still gonna want his bike back.

I disabled signatures.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,484
    Options
    Long tailjyqbmgd162ti.jpg
    c2rto9hwewcg.jpg
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    Options
    More cushion for the pushing.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,507
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye. I actually like that and can appreciate the style details. Even the bumper has a contour for the exhaust. Looks like it could pull near-truck transport duty.

I also like those cars that had that vertical or reversed A pillars. I mean, look at the expansive, uninterrupted view you get. Was this a common style characteristic in 50s or early 60s cars? (I don't know anything about classic cars)
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,134
    Options
    The vertical or reversed slant a pillars were very common in the 50s but gradually disappeared as the 1960s began. The problem with the vertical a pose is that they provided no structural stability for the passenger compartment during an impact.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,707
    Options
    machone wrote: »
    Long tail

That looks like a 1957 Mercury. I have been crazy about those all this year.

The "Breezeway" windows are so cool looking. Our next door neighbor had one when I was a kid and Jack Nicholson drove one in "Five Easy Pieces".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breezeway_(car)

47vavspmkthk.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,021
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Is old dog ok Ken, or is that a copied photo

Either way, I love that pic, and heartfelt
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    55q1v6p1vsfa.jpg

A GT Performer? Chick's hot, but pretty sure Eddie Fiola is still gonna want his bike back.

Winner of the “way back machine” award for today - I haven’t heard that name in 30 years…! My hero’s back in the BMX days were Stu Thompson and RL Osborne…. Good times!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,631
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    55q1v6p1vsfa.jpg

Winner of the “way back machine” award for today - I haven’t heard that name in 30 years…! My hero’s back in the BMX days were Stu Thompson and RL Osborne…. Good times!

Mike Buff, Mike Dominguez and Harry Leary. Need I go on?
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,915
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Corvette gt3
    mpwnq4yyfl8n.jpg

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    55q1v6p1vsfa.jpg

Scott, whack Ken's pee pee!
  • Keiko
    Options
    da2q7jcmddz0.png

Reminds me of a Lab I once had. Ol' Josey's face turned gray just like this in her old age. She was a great watch dog and was very protective of our family. When she was about a year old, we introduced a second puppy we got to her. Miko was a mix of Siberian Husky & Akita and was a wonderful dog. Josey took on a parent role with Miko Dog and was extremely protective of that puppy. Two great members of our family and I remember them often. Thanks for sharing this one Ken and bringing back some good memories.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    daddyjt wrote: »
    55q1v6p1vsfa.jpg

Mike Buff, Mike Dominguez and Harry Leary. Need I go on?

I had Mike Buff “Z Wheels” rims on my Kuwahara race bike;-)
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Keiko
    Options
    This is daddy's girl right now. My Miss Mele Aloha. <3 This pic is several years old and Mele's been showing her age. Regardless, she's still quite sassy and playful for a 14yr old Pomeranian. I don't like to think about it, but I know she'll break my heart one day unless I buy it first.

Janey and I have decided on no more pets once all of our pack is gone. It's just too hard when they leave us. Some of y'all probably remember the wreck I was when our Keiko passed. It was this one and many of you polkies that helped us through her loss. It's one of the worst experiences in life when these members of a family pass away. :'(

c0uzin6l6426.jpg
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Beautiful pup, Mike! Dog's faces are the best!
    The black and white photo was posted by Jim Knight a former Polk employee. I'm afraid I don't know the dog's name.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    Options
    55q1v6p1vsfa.jpg

Freaked me out!!!! From the 1st line I thought she was a guy!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Milito
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    $87k in this day and age for a very vintage Corvette in fine condition doesn't seem ridiculous. Not at all ridiculous -- unfortunately. :|
    That said, at least aesthetically, not my fave Corvette by a long shot. That is a nice example, though.

It's not my fave either, but the 1961 is my favorite year previous to my favorite era (1963-1972).

I prefer the 4 headlights (1958 and later) to the 2 headlights that the 1957 and previous had.

I prefer the cove with the backward scoop (1958 -1961). It was changed in 1962, and while still cool, not as cool as the ones before (in my opinion, of course).

The 1960 and earlier had the same rear clip, which looks "old-fashioned" to me, compared to the 1961 - 1967 rear.

So, the 1961 is the only year pre-1963 that "checks all of the boxes" for me. (I hate that cliche almost as much as "pull the trigger".)

And I am sure none of this matters to anyone else. :p

If you were going to mod one for performance I would want a 57 Vette, weight 2730 lbs vs 2940 lbs for the 62. I knew a guy in high school who had one with a modded 327 in it. It was a very quick car.
    My 68 Z/28 was 3150 lbs. for comparison. All cars with 4 speed trans, not auto. No power steering in my Z.

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,483
    Options
    You just brought me down memory lane. Non Powered Steering.in the last 45 years I've owned tons of vehicles. I read that & couldn't remember what I had that was non powered steering. Maybe a 1970"s Chevy C10 with 3 on the tree. Or a newer late 70's Chevy truck. I had a few cars back in the day that were non powered steering..... I do remember the early Chevy C10 had the gas cap behind the driver's door & the Cab mounts rusted & I jacked up the cab & I put a 2×4 across the frame & lowered it down & it kept the frame from gouging the fuel tank IIRC.. Those were the days. You could buy a vehicle for 50-200.00 & beat the snot out of it & junk it & buy another
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,483
    Options
    That same Chevy C10 I'd get to a stop sign & the linkage would lock up & I'd have to open the hood & frig with the linkage. Lmao
    Randy/Maine
  • Milito
    edited November 2023
    Options
    My first car was a 57 Chevy 2 door hardtop. Paid $700 for it from a used car lot in 1966.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,157
    Options
    For you geetar players out there

oly5t1iij8kv.png
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,626
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    For you geetar players out there

oly5t1iij8kv.png

SUCK?

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM