aprazer402 wrote: »
    jrcf8j4ylxbk.png

Earth ate taco bell?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,512
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    dang growwies are getting sneaky...
    meanwhile, looky what it was doin' here yesterday...
    d2fs8ixm7wdp.png

I like hedgehogs.

I disabled signatures.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    jrcf8j4ylxbk.png

That will screw up your plans for the rest of the day.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,407
    Options
    That will screw up your plans for the rest of the day your now very short life.

Fixed that for ya'.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,135
    Options
    ea29aya5qt80.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,483
    edited November 2023
    Options
    ^^^^ that's funny. I have an appt tomorrow for 1st 5000 mile service. The other day I get a email from Dealership to schedule my 10,000 mile service. I was going to call them. But I just shook my head... I took the 10 year/100,000 platinum insurance & I still get Warranty calls
    Randy/Maine
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    ze8emy6d01ik.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    l6j9vqmodga1.png
    1961 Corvette $87K
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    Options
    Is that truth in advertising???
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • treitz3
    Options
    In the South, it sure is.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    l6j9vqmodga1.png
    1961 Corvette $87K

My dad had one of those only maroon with a silver cove. Had to sell it when I was born. He reminded me of that all the time.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,099
    edited November 2023
    Options
    $87k in this day and age for a very vintage Corvette in fine condition doesn't seem ridiculous. Not at all ridiculous -- unfortunately. :|
    That said, at least aesthetically, not my fave Corvette by a long shot. That is a nice example, though.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,707
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    $87k in this day and age for a very vintage Corvette in fine condition doesn't seem ridiculous. Not at all ridiculous -- unfortunately. :|
    That said, at least aesthetically, not my fave Corvette by a long shot. That is a nice example, though.

It's not my fave either, but the 1961 is my favorite year previous to my favorite era (1963-1972).

I prefer the 4 headlights (1958 and later) to the 2 headlights that the 1957 and previous had.

I prefer the cove with the backward scoop (1958 -1961). It was changed in 1962, and while still cool, not as cool as the ones before (in my opinion, of course).

The 1960 and earlier had the same rear clip, which looks "old-fashioned" to me, compared to the 1961 - 1967 rear.

So, the 1961 is the only year pre-1963 that "checks all of the boxes" for me. (I hate that cliche almost as much as "pull the trigger".)

And I am sure none of this matters to anyone else. :p
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

And I am sure none of this matters to anyone else. :p
    Close, but not quite. :)
    The (EDIT - check that) '61 always bothered me, with the new tail grafted rather unceremoniously onto the old -- everything else. Always struck me as odd. I am sure there's a backstory, and I am almost as sure I could find it in 0.04 seconds if I were to search.

EDIT: The '62 overall looks like some of those Ferrari & Lambo models that... well... polite folks don't mention -- when they talk about... Ferraris and Lamborghinis. ;)

lng1u8vbgwqq.png

caqed713bdga.jpg

vz0w87s6ayb8.jpeg

• mhardy6647
    Options
    lun316jgl6do.jpg

llafpv9yf0du.jpg

two-fer from ASR B)

• mhardy6647
    edited November 2023
    Options
    ^^^ that's excellent.
    Reminds me of the Farkel & Berfel families on Laugh-In. There were some odd inter-familial resemblances goin' on. :#

t62dls16xgc9.jpg

ttn5ty3oerur.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,707
    Options
    Whenever I see the word "Heathkit", I imagine Mike Tyson trying to sing the song "Wuthering Heights." (The Pat Benatar version because I don't acknowledge Kate Bush because she is a nutjob. :p )

Heathkit, ith me, I'm Cathy
    I've come home, I'm tho cold
    Leth me in your windowth

The best part of that is one can endlessly speculate what Mike is saying when he sings the word "Cathy".
  • daddyjt
    Options
    nxywqqa8uup4.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,022
    Options
    5yov1a5k6b45.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • daddyjt
    Options
    gmijonqc9mkj.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    Options
    ....as if you give a.....

Tom