Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Just noticed the handicap placard. 😳😂

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    That is a Ferrari 308 Dino GT4. In 1976, Elvis bought a 1975 model in black, which is still in the Graceland Automobile Museum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnXNjf-hTgg

chtzbkkkwjho.jpg
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    I chatted briefly with the owner. He was coming back out to the car after I parked, and I was excited that he was going to fire-it-up, but alas, he had forgotten his grocery list, and was just coming back to get it :(

He told me the 308/GT4 was the last model where Enzo actually worked on the design. It has a 3L V-8, which (he said) was the only consumer production V-8 they ever sold. It was also the only consumer model ever raced at Le Mans. Again, his words, not mine.

Whatever the case, it is a beautiful car. I personally like the two-tone red and black. I wonder if those wheels are stock, or if the wire spokes were stock as shown in the black model above. Perhaps both were options at the time.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    I chatted briefly with the owner. He was coming back out to the car after I parked, and I was excited that he was going to fire-it-up, but alas, he had forgotten his grocery list, and was just coming back to get it :(

He told me the 308/GT4 was the last model where Enzo actually worked on the design. It has a 3L V-8, which (he said) was the only consumer production V-8 they ever sold. It was also the only consumer model ever raced at Le Mans. Again, his words, not mine.

Whatever the case, it is a beautiful car. I personally like the two-tone red and black. I wonder if those wheels are stock, or if the wire spokes were stock as shown in the black model above. Perhaps both were options at the time.

Enzo had his hands in everything up to the F40, though his role was likely reduced significantly by that point. Ferrari V8 engines were used in other cars and that practice continues to this day with them being in both Alfa Romeo and Maserati vehicles.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Now THAT's a tire!!!

zzqegldjr5i2.png

This is NOT photo shopped. I spotted this when I was in Columbia last week. There were two semi's that were carrying one tire each. They probably weigh as much as my entire full sized truck!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    They weigh a heck of a lot more Tom. Our Bridgestone plant makes them and some weigh 13-15 thousand lbs and up.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Dayum....that's some serious weight!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    They weigh a heck of a lot more Tom. Our Bridgestone plant makes them and some weigh 13-15 thousand lbs and up.

What kind of equipment uses those? And better yet, what type of power is needed to get multiples of those tires turning?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    edited March 2023
    Options
    My guess would be that these are part of an Earth Mover. (Photo on next page)

I had to do a double take when the first semi drove by.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    Something like this...

aghingjfqx8c.png

Tom
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options
    pemzwhefzjgo.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

What kind of equipment uses those? And better yet, what type of power is needed to get multiples of those tires turning?
    Something electric.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited March 2023
    Options
  • pitdogg2
    edited March 2023
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Something like this...

aghingjfqx8c.png

Tom

Here you go I was a little off but not much. Tires like these are built at our Bridgestone OTR plant.

https://newatlas.com/the-worlds-biggest-production-tire--the-63-inch-titan/9726/
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Have no fear......I brought the tool

zjna527zclmk.png
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,925
    edited March 2023
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited March 2023
    Options
    gb1q14q4wiro.png

Elon Musk's maglev monorail personal transportation system -- the early years.
    Clipdat wrote: »
    jk8ku6xt3reo.png

8wigki13c412.png

I showed you these before, but, in the context of the above, I shall show them again.

qw1drymb7yyw.png

Yes, these are stacked Ohm Walsh Fs.
    Oh the humanity.

;)

PS Looks like the guy (and we can be pretty sure it's a guy...) is usin' zipcord for speaker wire. Or... maybe it's Monster Cable.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    yv3hgedz9c65.jpg

I owned a quite rare 65 model with all the bells and whistles. White leather interior with black carpet. I thought it had a 455 but John thinks otherwise. John has more knowledge than me and I WAS 17 or 18 at the time.
    This looked like mine.
    Exhaust came out of the bottom trim panels. People thought that was the coolest thing!

An Oldsmobile dealer's car before I got it. It was BEAUTIFUL inside! Many a date-night was had in the back seat. Many. :p

I wish I still had it!
    mtcmco2qyige.png

I did a few burnouts like this too. It was so easy to do!
    ggpjw7s6pwk8.png

Just like mine was. Beautiful!
    p1k1smwgjqab.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2023
    Options
    If it was stock, you had a 425... Olds did not have the 455 until 1968. The dash picture appears to be a '62...

• treitz3
    Options
    Are you trying to offend the man bun crowd, Ol' Boot?

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Are you trying to offend the man bun crowd, Ol' Boot?

Tom

I hope so!!