Post a picture... any picture

1681682684686687716

Comments

  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,542
    CH46E wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    myjqq9oy83w6.jpg

    what the heck is that? Looks wicked. Judging by the turbines its mid 60's?

    new California electric drive jet....
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,583
    CH46E wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    27595927462_3fd44e5086_b.jpgLockheed A-12 ‘06924’ & SR-71 ‘17973’ by Alan Wilson, on Flickr

    One of these things is not like the other. :)

    They are just outside Edwards AFB. Lancaster and Palmdale are the main areas outside the base. And the closest In-N-Out burger. Lockheed's Skunkworks is in Palmdale.

    The A12 was the predecessor to the SR71 right? Or was the A12 the CIA plane and the SR71 the USAF plane?

    I think (???) the answer to both is "yes"... the A12 (again, I think?) had a crew of only one vs. 2 in the SR71. Pretty easy, then, to tell which is which in the photo by looking at the windows.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,831
    W O W !
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
  • fish357fish357 Posts: 307
    xaoa2bvvr8md.jpeg
    Caught Sir Fig Newton at just the right angle.
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 7,430
    I have like 4 boxes....
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

    Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

    ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

    Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

    Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

    Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

    Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

    Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,475
    :p

    After brunch fun...

    This was a card my wife felt like purchasing for some reason. She almost never buys 2- $5 cards at one time. She almost left but said...Ah what the heck...one more.

    3sur5shsdzck.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,620
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Milito wrote: »
    CH46E wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    myjqq9oy83w6.jpg

    what the heck is that? Looks wicked. Judging by the turbines its mid 60's?

    B58 Hustler?


    Yes it's a Hustler. Wicked airplane (in every sense of the word). Same engines (well... mostly) were used to power the Convair 990 commercial jetliner. Also a wicked, and, when all was said & done, wickedly unsuccessful aircraft. :(

    y6k6xc4z6fbt.png


    Cool as heck, though.

    49086579156_1edacc7a04_b.jpg23_0002621 Convair Image Convair 990 Coronado Engine & Pod by SDASM Archives, on Flickr

    Politics killed the Hustler. Then they chopped them up real quick.

    IIRC, I think they had a tendency to kinda kill their crews.
    They also were bombers when the strategy was moving missle-wards.

    The F-104 killed a lot more pilots and those flew into the 1980's. The Hustler was scraped to preserve some B-52 wings.
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

    I disabled, I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 2,769
    Tony M wrote: »
    :p

    After brunch fun...

    This was a card my wife felt like purchasing for some reason. She almost never buys 2- $5 cards at one time. She almost left but said...Ah what the heck...one more.

    3sur5shsdzck.png

    Nice man. Didn't you have a $1,000 winner within the last year?
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 8,152
    edited September 26
    Speaking of wings I just recently read that all of the A10 Warthogs had their wings replaced several years back.
    Whatever the costs were was worth it at twice the price. One of the best planes to ever navigate a battlefield..
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,475
    CH46E wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    :p

    After brunch fun...

    This was a card my wife felt like purchasing for some reason. She almost never buys 2- $5 cards at one time. She almost left but said...Ah what the heck...one more.

    3sur5shsdzck.png

    Nice man. Didn't you have a $1,000 winner within the last year?

    Yup. :p
    That was another "what the heck" one more $2 scratch-off.

    I was the lucky one to be the scratcher on both. :D This time...I told my wife I wanted to fist bump her on picking a 50.00 winner. She :D and looked over at it as I finished scratching it off. Another 0 appeared! :D So our joy went to 10Xs more.

    This time we just go back to the store to get the cash. :)
    Last time was a little more involved. At the claim center, I filled out a form that was like filling out a resume for a job. :#
    NC and the IRS want their cut of the really big winners for sure. :'(

    We really don't spend much on these things. 2 times a month sometimes. Sometimes! More like 40.00 a month. Maybe 50. We'll keep 100 this time to play some more.

    I've got the placard they hang on the machines to let others know a big winner hit at their store. I'll have to grab the next one they hang for our win today. B) I want to frame them. ;)

    We've been playing on winnings for a very long time. We're some of the lucky ones!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,583
    afterburnt wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Milito wrote: »
    CH46E wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    myjqq9oy83w6.jpg

    what the heck is that? Looks wicked. Judging by the turbines its mid 60's?

    B58 Hustler?


    Yes it's a Hustler. Wicked airplane (in every sense of the word). Same engines (well... mostly) were used to power the Convair 990 commercial jetliner. Also a wicked, and, when all was said & done, wickedly unsuccessful aircraft. :(

    y6k6xc4z6fbt.png


    Cool as heck, though.

    49086579156_1edacc7a04_b.jpg23_0002621 Convair Image Convair 990 Coronado Engine & Pod by SDASM Archives, on Flickr

    Politics killed the Hustler. Then they chopped them up real quick.

    IIRC, I think they had a tendency to kinda kill their crews.
    They also were bombers when the strategy was moving missle-wards.

    The F-104 killed a lot more pilots and those flew into the 1980's. The Hustler was scraped to preserve some B-52 wings.

    Yes. Yes they did. :/
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 2,769
    Good pic Fish!

    220bppdk5oy0.jpg
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,542
    What kind of dog?
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 4,816
    Looks like a Pomeranian
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

    Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

    Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,312
    I think keiko had a couple Poms.
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung QN75Q7DR Qled 75" tv, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

  • fish357fish357 Posts: 307
    Yeah, he’s a Pom. Louis Vuitton, he’s 16 in that picture. Oldie, but a goodie.
  • fish357fish357 Posts: 307
    How bad an idea is that though? Just tie the fitted sheet up after checkout, and away you go!
    Maybe saving on plastic bags too! 🙄
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,312
    fish357 wrote: »
    How bad an idea is that though? Just tie the fitted sheet up after checkout, and away you go!
    Maybe saving on plastic bags too! 🙄

    Shhhh Cali might steel that idea.
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung QN75Q7DR Qled 75" tv, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,314
    klatmtdz0m7d.png
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!