Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Awww.....my dad used to use one of those "flesh seatbelts" in the old van we used to have. The lucky one got the front bucket seat, the other either sat in the folding chair in the back or the spare tire. For an exciting ride, you'd choose the folding chair. Just pray pops never pressed the brake to hard or it would fold up on you.

All 100% true.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    My new toy arrived yesterday, brandy new from the ****-embly line. This is a *real* Deere. Not one of dem fake jobbers at the BB stores.

Is that from the John Deere place on 146? Does that have a Kawasaki engine in it?

I got a 42" Husqvarna. Basic model but works well. Twin cylinder Briggs engine, but it was bought at Lowes so whatever.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Dang Mr. H, with the size of your property it might take you days to cut with that 2 bagger. I would think you would need one of those zero turn ride on's that can cut doing about 20 mph.

....or do it the redneck way, buy a herd of goats and sit back.

I only cut a wee bit around the manse -- the back field is hayed for us by our farmer-neighbors, who hay many local fields for winter feed for their dairy herd. It's a big win-win.
    18741700823_4ec84ea83a_b.jpg002 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    19473677162_da1b396af1_b.jpg014 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    19503742631_0a4c1bac20_b.jpg025 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    18878713183_7313938881_b.jpg040 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Our front fields we pretty much leave as is and enjoy the weeds/wild flowers (and strive to keep the invasives at bay).

19033728911_9981ab9e5e_b.jpg085 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Since our daughter & son-in-law now live only about 1/2 hour away, and they're on a very large piece of land, we're thinking ever more seriously about going halfsies on a more REAL tractor (and we'll need a trailer for it, too).
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    edited March 2016
    Options
    gx9zqa28e70o.jpg

My new toy arrived yesterday, brandy new from the ****-embly line. This is a *real* Deere. Not one of dem fake jobbers at the BB stores.

Dude, that looks like SHITE

THIS is how a mower needs to look!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Flames are done! Lighting isn't so hot and without the mower deck, it looks kinda odd. But it's set up for the snow thrower which is more important right now. I'll get more shots in the spring, when the sun will sit higher in the sky and cast less shadows.

Here's a 3/4 shot, well, more like 3/16ths! But I wanted to get a shot of the front before I put the snow thrower on.

Here it is, all ready for the snow! There's a ballast tray that goes on the back to keep it from being nose heavy. I'll have to put the chains on at some point too but later. It's cold out and I can't feel my fingers right now. Surprised I can type!

64334.jpg

64332.jpg

64332.jpg

Rattle can paint job, Testor's Model Masters French Blue enamel for the pin stripes on the flames. I used this Krylon acrylic clear coat to keep the color paint from scratching or chipping too bad.

acryliccrystalclear.png
    http://www.krylon.com/products/acrylic_crystal_clear/

It stinks to high heaven but if you have a project that you want to clear coat, that stuff is pretty friggin' awesome! Easy to apply, no alligatoring or orange-peeling, no need to sand between coats at all. Coats dry in about 10 minutes and you can shoot the next coat at that point. Seems pretty durable too. I shot a light switch cover with it to test it out. No prep at all, just an old cover with a baked enamel on it. Bonded pretty good for sticking to a finished surface. I could still scrape it off but the amount of effort I needed to put in to the scraping would have likely been able to gouge the metal as well.

So if you have a project that you want a decent clearcoat for, that Krylon stuff was better than I expected.

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    b90o2ml6okpo.jpeg
    Dang Mr. H, with the size of your property it might take you days to cut with that 2 bagger. I would think you would need one of those zero turn ride on's that can cut doing about 20 mph.

....or do it the redneck way, buy a herd of goats and sit back.

Speaking of, just got one a week ago, best I've used.

Nice, but... if I invested in one of those, I'd have to sell off my hifi junk to pay for it, and listen to an old Sanyo or a Crosley or somethin'...

;- )
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Is that from the John Deere place on 146? Does that have a Kawasaki engine in it?

I got a 42" Husqvarna. Basic model but works well. Twin cylinder Briggs engine, but it was bought at Lowes so whatever.

Yes, i bought it from the fine establishment on 146.
    Yes, it has the 18.5HP Kawasaki motor.

You're the smarter one than I. I bought this thing because my father is a pain in my arse. If i had just bought an every day mower, he would have disowned me. Instead, he badgered me into spending just under $4k to achieve the same thing. I feel like such a dolt :D
  • mrbiron
    Options

HA!....my father is an automotive painter. Maybe the ultimate plan was that i'll have the only orange John Deere in existence with pin striping. Maybe.....
  • EndersShadow
    Options

HA!....my father is an automotive painter. Maybe the ultimate plan was that i'll have the only orange John Deere in existence with pin striping. Maybe.....

As long as it doesnt have the Patriots logo on it I dont care lol..... If it had the Pats logo on it, I may just have to visit to burn it to the ground...

Maybe you need to paint it HOT PINK and tell the wife she looks MUCH better on it than you... so she starts doing the grass weekly... Maybe even bedazzle that ****...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    edited March 2016
    Options
    oh, I think a Patriots commemorative edition Deere would be wicked pissah!

I guess the only really practical JD tie-ins would be... umm... the Oakland Athletics and the... errm... Green Bay Packahs ("Packers", to those not living within The Hub's gravitational influence)? (EDIT: maybe the Celtics?)

Alternatively -- a Deere in Husqvarna Orange? Es muy malo.

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Hey Doc, where is the picture of you growing some Okra?
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,655
    edited March 2016
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Tires would all be flat....
  • mrbiron
    Options

But it would still be one of the best lawmowers to grace this earth.... ;)
  • Polkaguy58
    Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
    Options
    This is what my buddy had done to his new truck's tailgate.
    Picture was before the clearcoat.
    ugz571ikedal.jpg
    levxbvueeiv7.jpg
  • mrbiron
    Options
    That looks shweet.
    Here come the haters........ :p
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

That was an outstanding quip!
    I stand in the presence of greatness.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    Hey Doc, where is the picture of you growing some Okra?

I don't know if you can grow okra up this close to the Arctic Circle :- )

I do remember seeing okra growing at Monticello last time we were down that way in the summertime -- it's a pretty plant with pretty blossoms. Too bad it gets okra on it before it dies ;- )

Naah, okra is OK.
  • EndersShadow
    Options

But it would still be one of the best lawmowers to grace this earth.... ;)

In order to ride it, you'd HAVE to be wearing a hoodie with cut off sleeves....
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Hard to call her a plus. Unless it's a 10+. She's perfect IMO.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I'm good with it. B)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »
    chumlie wrote: »
    Hard to call her a plus. Unless it's a 10+. She's perfect IMO.

Yeah buddy, real women have curves... ;)

I like your style Rick..... ;)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    I'll give her an A plus
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbiron
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I'll give her an A plus

Says the guy with the top heavy, string bean avatar :D
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    so that's what Jessica Biel would look like if she gained a few pounds....still nice in my book.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'll give her an A plus

Hey man that's a mighty fine pic of a Wahoo

You're just jealous she's not holding your wahoo
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I'll give her an A plus

I don't think that word means what you think it means. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    I'll give her an A plus

I don't think that word means what you think it means. lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahoo :)

• mhardy6647
    Options
    I thought it was a tarpon -- it's an awfully small photo, you know?
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,342
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »
    I saw on TV last night that Sports Illustrated will have a plus size model in the swimsuit issue this year for the first time. She's beautiful!!!!

q5kx8hgdd9l1.jpg

IMHO, far more attractive than the boney "stick-women" that make up the bulk of the photos....

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,176
    Options
    nrj17t4f40uk.jpg
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • mhardy6647
    Options