Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,637
    In 1962 when it happened this crash was expensive. Nowadays it would bankrupt a South American country. Ferrari 250 GTO and Aston DB4 Zagato.

ay33wy8pfyom.png

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,830
    edited July 6
    msg wrote: »
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Never met the guy before, but he lives in the neighborhood a few blocks away. He was out for a cruise and saw me out messing around on the Jeep with the garage doors open and just decided to stop.
    So your trap worked! Were you able to brain him and get the keys?

No, but when he went to leave it wouldn’t start! Told him, “I think it’s a sign … I’ve always wanted a Superbird!” Nothing a screwdriver to the starter relay couldn’t fix, though!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,619
    53839603515_87977a9ac0_b.jpgSilver and White Corvettes by Norman Gates, on Flickr

I'm guessin' the one in the foreground has been wrapped(?) I mean, it would take a lot of elbow grease to get fiberglass to shine up like that... wouldn't it? :#
  • OleBoot
    edited July 6
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    53839603515_87977a9ac0_b.jpgSilver and White Corvettes by Norman Gates, on Flickr

I'm guessin' the one in the foreground has been wrapped(?) I mean, it would take a lot of elbow grease to get fiberglass to shine up like that... wouldn't it? :#

Ugh. AI? Although it doesn't look like it. Probably a Reynold's wrap.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,291
    Never met the guy before, but he lives in the neighborhood a few blocks away. He was out for a cruise and saw me out messing around on the Jeep with the garage doors open and just decided to stop.
    So your trap worked! Were you able to brain him and get the keys?

No, but when he went to leave it wouldn’t start! Told him, “I think it’s a sign … I’ve always wanted a Superbird!” Nothing a screwdriver to the starter relay couldn’t fix, though!
    If you have Dodge/Chrysler products of that era up to the 80's you carry 4-5 of those ceramic blocks on the firewall in your glove box... mandatory.

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,414
    Used to own that vintage Brittish sports cars and carried a SHOE BOX full of relays. LOL
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,911
    idw0775f2v5o.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • OleBoot
    You shoulda seen the other guy.

vrt28pc6sqal.png
  • OleBoot
    I'm on a roll.

qkxubvoer79k.png
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,633
    🎶🎶Catch a wave and sitting on top of the world🎶🎶
    Sal Palooza
  • OleBoot
    When I look at that I start thinking in a Daffy Duck voice.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,830
    3x413cc292uw.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • mhardy6647
    53841092820_9425d01555_c.jpg1965 Imperial made into a truck by JOHN LLOYD, on Flickr

Speaking of bad truck ideas -- I saw my first Cybertruck in the, umm, flesh, I mean, stainless today. Bizarrely, it was driving south on NH route 120 in the decidedly downscale little city of Claremont, NH. It looked very large and very foreboding. Not unlike Claremont, actually -- other than the very large part. :#
    ;)
  • OleBoot
    edited July 7
    Actually, I don't think that Imperial looks half bad. As for the Cybertruck, did you fire a bullet at the windows?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Oh man, is that gonna become a thing?

"It was an accident officer, I swear. I thought all Teslas had bulletproof glass. Plus, the guy was driving like a dink."
    "Right. You're off the hook. Now beat it. I gotta degauss this thing."
    I disabled signatures.
  • OleBoot

"It was an accident officer, I swear. I thought all Teslas had bulletproof glass. Plus, the guy was driving like a dink."

LOL. I don't know how you come up with this stuff. The degauss part made me spray the cat with barolo.
  • mrbigbluelight
    made me spray the cat with barolo

Well....I'm...just going to step away from the keyboard now.... out of respect for your many fine posts.....
    I would suggest, however, that you keep the shades drawn as the neighbors probably shouldn't see that
    🫣

Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 8
    OleBoot wrote: »

LOL. I don't know how you come up with this stuff. The degauss part made me spray the cat with barolo.
    There are, I dunno, petabytes* of information on the World Wide Web -- but I'll bet that the post quoted above marks the first time ever in the history of humankind that the sentence The degauss part made me spray the cat with barolo has ever been recorded. B)

Now... speaking of cats -- this just in from Morning Edition on NPR:
    https://www.npr.org/2024/07/05/nx-s1-5021910/outdoor-cat-walk-leash
    1qpaboq8yqyk.png

Now... I have to tell all y'all :blush:... back when I was an adolescent, we had a foundling cat (more to the point, she found us) called The Bear who was distressingly intelligent. She loved to go outside -- on a leash. My father kept her collar & leash hanging on the knob of the outside basement door. She loved to go outside so much that she would (not infrequently) walk over to the door, stare at the leash and meow. If no one were around, she would pull the leash off the doorknob, drag it to the indoor basement steps, and meow.

Coupla photos of The Bear out in my parents' backyard in Brooklyn Park, MD. :)
    53843497853_6264909965_b.jpg
    53842340562_fbe1db987c_b.jpg
    Oddly enough, a cat on a leash isn't the strangest-looking thing in that photograph. :#
  • OleBoot
    edited July 8

Well....I'm...just going to step away from the keyboard now.... out of respect for your many fine posts.....
    I would suggest, however, that you keep the shades drawn as the neighbors probably shouldn't see that
    🫣

Are you drawing an analogy here? I assume so. If so, you are doing a disservice to good barolo. And my neighbors think I am mad anyway. And my "fine" posts?? I pride myself in posting drivel.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,291

🫣
    my neighbors think I am mad anyway.
    Well walking out to get your mail at noon in your underwear isn't helping your cause at all either 😜

• OleBoot
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

There are, I dunno, petabytes* of information on the World Wide Web -- but I'll bet that the post quoted above marks the first time ever in the history of humankind that the sentence The degauss part made me spray the cat with barolo has ever been recorded. B)

You're right, it's usually chianti.

• mrbigbluelight
    edited July 8
    I, myself, call mine "Mr. Majestic"
    (pretty obvious why 💪)
    but "Barolo" is, I assume, an Italian nickname meaning "leans to the left" ? 🤔
    In any event, as long as the cat seems to enjoy it, it's all good 👍😇

BTW Rule 34 is in effect 🤗
    Sal Palooza