Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,389
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Better start a file on me too @mrbigbluelight, I've not seen one episode.

https://youtu.be/31g0YE61PLQ?si=dJjXlk3jtC7xnZUD
    Sal Palooza
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,325
    Options
    5nb0l66teay7.jpg
    dnbd0cti8mcx.jpg

You've heard of Tacomas being called Tacos...this is a Taquito.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,728
    Options
    6aiobaj8wz2a.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,567
    Options
    Hahaha....unique. I can dig it.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,003
    Options
    xoq6pffqz2dy.png
    Dozens of hikers say they fell ill during trips to a popular Arizona tourist destination that features towering blue-green waterfalls deep in a gorge neighboring Grand Canyon National Park.

Thousands of tourists travel to the Havasupai reservation each year to camp near a series of picturesque waterfalls. The reservation is remote and accessible only by foot, helicopter, or by riding a horse or mule.

The hike takes tourists 8 miles (13 kilometers) down a winding trail through desert landscape before they reach the first waterfall.

Someone peed in the water.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,981
    Options
    👆 Would probably take more than pee for that result…
    Alea jacta est!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,365
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    5nb0l66teay7.jpg
    dnbd0cti8mcx.jpg

Lol - that’s how I see almost all Toyota trucks;-)
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,745
    Options
    At least they can park. (cue indignant big truck owner chest puffing "I handle my truck just fine")

You guys remember when the full size Ford and Chevy trucks were about the same size as the current gen Tacomas?
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Yup. I also remember when the stock front ends were lower chest height, not close to eyeball height. Even the Heavy Duty trucks. Grills nowadays are getting ridiculous. It's like every car company is in a completion for the biggest grill. From Lexus, to Ford, to Chevy.....pretty soon, they will start looking like this. (I know you have seen this one before)

mfz8got9ctec.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • billbillw
    edited June 14
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Yup. I also remember when the stock front ends were lower chest height, not close to eyeball height. Even the Heavy Duty trucks. Grills nowadays are getting ridiculous. It's like every car company is in a completion for the biggest grill. From Lexus, to Ford, to Chevy.....pretty soon, they will start looking like this. (I know you have seen this one before)

Tom

Yeah, things started going bonkers after about 2013 if I recall, especially in the 2500-3500 class trucks. They are just hulking nowadays. My trucklet (Maverick) on the other hand, can still fit in a parking spot...
    Yes, this is my actual Maverick and I took that photo last year when I first got it. It was laughable to compare the size to other trucks, most of which probably never haul anything more than some camping/fishing gear or golf bags.
    1o1yji3148f3.jpg

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,400
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    6aiobaj8wz2a.jpeg

Damned if I wouldn't eat that
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,227
    Options
    The giant truck fiasco of today started with this one…

a0bqsew2cwxh.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    edited June 14
    Options
    v827ca49fkc2.png

that couldn't possibly be an official manufacture, is it? = wait, wait, AI again? lol

One of the first forums I ever spent time on was off-road.com's Toyota message board back in the late 90s. people would bob beds to build rock crawlers, and they'd look similar to this, except with slightly less balloony tires. Neat stuff, though. Dual transfer cases, on board air, sometimes built by repurposing the AC compressor, and true bead-lock wheels. Not my thing, but that was when I first learned about custom fab stuff and the skills of the people building that stuff.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom
    Yeah, things started going bonkers after about 2013 if I recall, especially in the 2500-3500 class trucks. They are just hulking nowadays. My trucklet (Maverick) on the other hand, can still fit in a parking spot...
    Yes, this is my actual Maverick and I took that photo last year when I first got it. It was laughable to compare the size to other trucks, most of which probably never haul anything more than some camping/fishing gear or golf bags.
    04htpi6vrr32.png
    lol, and to think my little '02 Tacoma is even smaller than your Maverick - it's narrower by 17"!
    I will say, it does feel small inside by comparison to my daily driver 2010 car.

Same here, though. Mine's not a full on work truck for me, but more for a second vehicle, getting around, and some general utility use, like trips to the dump, big box stores, or towing a small 5x8 utility trailer. I'd want something larger if I needed it for work, ate more hamburgers, or routinely drove long distance or had passengers.

I think that guy to the left of you in the photo has a wider space for some reason. Is the standard parking spot still just 9ft wide? I think it's even narrower in some parking decks, not to mention the lower height. Saw quite a few concrete beam scrapes in the last parking deck I frequented.

I'll have to see if I can find a photo of my Tacoma parked beside a full size truck from a few years ago. I thought it looked kinda funny. When you think about the market that Toyota trucks were originally built for, it makes sense. Small roads and average height weight of around 5'3-5'7 / 138lbs according to one article I just skimmed. Unsure of the dates, though.
    https://livejapan.com/en/in-tokyo/in-pref-tokyo/in-shinjuku/article-a0000962/

This article listed figures for the US as 5'9/195lbs average height/weight.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,728
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    6aiobaj8wz2a.jpeg

Damned if I wouldn't eat that

It sounds like h--l, but it does look mighty tasty!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,270
    edited June 14
    Options
    A pediatric immobilizer for x-raying. Anyone brought a PTSD suit yet?

zdt590ih8pnp.png

05y31f4xgkgl.png
  • billbillw
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    v827ca49fkc2.png

that couldn't possibly be an official manufacture, is it? = wait, wait, AI again? lol

One of the first forums I ever spent time on was off-road.com's Toyota message board back in the late 90s. people would bob beds to build rock crawlers, and they'd look similar to this, except with slightly less balloony tires. Neat stuff, though. Dual transfer cases, on board air, sometimes built by repurposing the AC compressor, and true bead-lock wheels. Not my thing, but that was when I first learned about custom fab stuff and the skills of the people building that stuff.

Not AI. It was spotted somewhere in Ohio. It is a custom build, supposedly on a shortened Tahoe frame with a V8.
    There are people posting with other photos and one video.

https://www.facebook.com/4xfred/posts/pfbid02oM9G1aBJuXsaBsE4fJ1oDvDbC9A69vWWGQY8NtcJAozta6rtRJYri1XGdTNXQ365l
  • msg
    edited June 14
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »

zdt590ih8pnp.png

05y31f4xgkgl.png

Holy crap, that's freaking *me* out.
    They must be drugging those kids. I'd be like Randy Savage or Kool Aid Man if I got put into one of those.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,711
    Options
    Reminds me of bonsai kittens.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,295
    Options
    z859y1lr1bx1.png

How DO you do?
    Now you're gonna die!
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 14
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    z859y1lr1bx1.png

How DO you do?
    Now you're gonna die!

That was a David Buoy song, wasn't it?
  • treitz3
    Options
    I sea what you did there....

Tom
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,400
    edited June 14
    Options
    It's a buoy named SUE.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • mhardy6647
    Options
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,913
    Options

zdt590ih8pnp.png

05y31f4xgkgl.png

My son had that done when he was a baby. My wife cried.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,389
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

zdt590ih8pnp.png

05y31f4xgkgl.png

Well if he doesn't pick up his toys when he's told, I guess he's gotta get learned the hard way . 🤔
    You Canadians are tough people, kind of like Spartans. 🏋️

Sal Palooza
  • msg
    Options
    Cyd8MVSAWWB-png__700.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,913
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

zdt590ih8pnp.png

05y31f4xgkgl.png

Well if he doesn't pick up his toys when he's told, I guess he's gotta get learned the hard way . 🤔
    You Canadians are tough people, kind of like Spartans. 🏋️

It was tough to watch. Wife crying, son screaming but it's the only proper way to take an abdominal X-ray.