Who's Drinking Tonight Damnit!?? (russ I Know You Are)

Comments

• wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2006
    I just had a pint of Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Barleywine. I'm gonna take it easy tonight, as some buddies and I are going on a brewery tour this weekend up to Michigan.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2006
    Go to Leinenkugels in Mil-town!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2006
    I am. Sunkist orange and a bag of Wise All-Naturals, the industry standard. Reading a good book about Rommel kicking the **** out of us at the Kasserine Pass.
  • wodom1
    edited March 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    Go to Leinenkugels in Mil-town!

We would, but we're not going to the U.P. We're going to Bell's www.bellsbeer.com in Kalamazoo, MI on Friday, New Holland www.newhollandbrew.com in Holland, MI on Saturday, and on our way home stopping by Three Floyd's www.threefloyds.com in Munster, IN, and Flossmoor Brewing http://www.flossmoorstation.com/ in Flossmoor, IL. It should be a good time.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Beer is for drinking, liquor is for getting drunk.

When I want to catch a nice buzz, its Seagrams Lime Twisted Gin shots chased by Smirnoff Twisted Black Cherry. Ill be nice and toasty in no time.

Now if Im just sitting around listening to some music or out on the deck watching the world go buy, its Newcastle all the way.

I wanna see you lit up like a Christmas tree some time. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    You guys leave that beer behind and you might someday fit into the pants you wore when you were 21. The **** is just bad all over.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited March 2006
    You guys leave that beer behind and you might someday fit into the pants you wore when you were 21. The **** is just bad all over.

eeesh, tell me about it. I dont do beer alot anymore, just a couple at the card game, but even then I have been sterring away from beer and going with just a glass of the hard stuff to nurse all night.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Polkapops
    Polkapops Posts: 267
    edited March 2006
    Hey wodom1 -
    Check out the Old Peninsula Brew Pub when you're in Kzoo -
    It's not that far from Bell's. Good grub, GREAT brews!
    HT & Music System:
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3805
    DVD/SACD Player - Denon DVD-2900
    Outlaw 770 amp
    Polk LSi 15's up front
    Polk LSiC center
    Polk LSi F/X surrounds
    SVS 16-46 PC+ Subwoofer
    Sony Wega KDF-50WE655
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited March 2006

I would have to go on a "Kate Moss Diet" for that to ever happen.

I'm all about some silky smooth wine.

mmm, Wise All Naturals. Gimme some BBQ chips and a bottle of wine, then just leave me the F*** alone!
    No excuses!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2006

Beer is, Ale is not. Dinner last night was a Steelhead Extra Stout. Pitch black, dark brown head, rich in chocolate and coffee flavors with a bit of hop. Smooth at the finish.

I'm only up 2 sizes from when I was 21, 19 years ago. Eat, drink (and exercise) and you'll be marry. At 5'9" and 174 lbs I won't fret much.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • wodom1
    edited March 2006
    Polkapops wrote:
    Hey wodom1 -
    Check out the Old Peninsula Brew Pub when you're in Kzoo -
    It's not that far from Bell's. Good grub, GREAT brews!

Thanks for the recommendation! We'll have to check that one out. We're going to be leaving in about an hour to try to beat the Friday rush in Chicago

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    And I can still wear the souveneir belt I bought at the 1964 World's Fair Ron. The **** is no good man.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited March 2006
    I think I'm gonna do a little drinking tonight! Sam Adams White Ale. Too bad it's a seasonal. Best beer in the whole wide world irregardless of what GG says. :)

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Burnzy
    Burnzy Posts: 250
    edited March 2006
    Yeah, I'll be havin' a few tonight...

:-)
    SYSTEM
    HDTV ..........Sony KP-57WV600
    CD / DVD......Sony DVP-C675D
    AVR ............Denon 2801
    MAINS .........Polk RTi8
    CENTER .......Polk CSi5
    Surrounds ....Polk FXi3
    Sub ............Polk PSW-250
    Cables.........Zebra Cables
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    I turn my nose up at no particular beer Wes. They are ALL liquid fat pills that taste real bad. Try a nice cognac instead.
  • I-SIG
    edited March 2006
    I know, George. I haven't met anyone that knows their way around cognacs. I am expanding my wine horizons whenever possible though.

Wes

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited March 2006
    No.
    Not me.

Thank you for asking.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2006
    I am getting rad of a case of diet Mountain Dew and a Percocet. Good mix for video games, and it makes the pain go away.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited March 2006
    Just got home..........yep, Ive been drinking. But mostly I was in a limo tonight and the limo brought me home. I'm thinking I'm gonna have a headache in the morning. Nighty...nite.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited March 2006
    Shizelbs wrote:
    I am getting rad of a case of diet Mountain Dew and a Percocet. Good mix for video games, and it makes the pain go away.

Sounds like my Friday night,cept no Montain Dew, it was water and Demerol...Yes my back is acting up again but worse...
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Wes, try the Greek one. It is called Metaxa, and comes in several grades. 3, 5, and 7 star. The stars are right on the label. 3 is a little rugged. 5 is just fine. 7 star? You don't even know you're drinking until it's too late. There is also a 9 star of sorts called Metaxa Golden Age. I've never seen it in this country though. Last time I went to Crete I bought a few bottles of that, and a case of 5 star. I firmly believe that the 5 star sold in Greece is smoother than the 7 star sold here. I re-familiarized myself last night. Cracked open a bottle of the 5 to celebrate the first use of my outdoor fireplace thing.
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Sorry, I forgot to attach this image to the previous post.
  • tentoze
    tentoze Posts: 133
    edited March 2006
    I got a headache just looking at that picture.
  • I-SIG
    edited March 2006
    George,

I'll keep an eye for that next time I'm at the store. I think this one liquor store might have it.

Wes

• George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Take two penguins and call me during the full moon Toze.

The 7 star will run you anywhere from $27-32 Wes. Highly recommended. I grew up on it (Why am I giving Tentoze ammo?). My Papou (grandfather in Greek) used to keep a flask of it in the glove compartment. Sledding expeditions at Prospect Park were the greatest. I'll tell you, sometimes I was even "cold" before we got there!
  • tentoze
    edited March 2006
    The 5 star will run you nuts. The 3 will run you over to the boneyard.

Back home, we used the 7 star to soak bread in for eliminating stray dogs in the neighborhood.
  • Ron-P
    edited March 2006
    They are ALL liquid fat pills that taste real bad.
    Ahhh but fat never tasted so good.
    Try a nice cognac instead.
    Now that's funny George, nice and congnac in the same sentance. Two words that do not belong together.
    If...
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Ron, call back when you can spell cognac. Quit while you're only this far behind okay? No edits now Ron. You're a beer drinker cause it's easy to spell and pronounce.

Toze, you must've been on a pretty short leash.
  • Ron-P
    edited March 2006
    I don't drink beer. But yes, I can spell it correctly.
    If...
  • tentoze
    edited March 2006
    Toze, you must've been on a pretty short leash.

No chains could hold me, even as a child.