Who's Drinking Tonight Damnit!?? (russ I Know You Are)

Comments

• kingkip
    kingkip Posts: 401
    edited February 2006
    Stuck in a hotel in SoCal, so drinking myself silly with Dead guy and Old Rasputin. Apparently I like beer that reminds me of death.
    There are two ways to argue with women. Both of them are wrong.
  • jrlouie
    jrlouie Posts: 462
    edited February 2006
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited February 2006
    Just got home from indulging. Here's a cocktail that will knock you on your **** if you are not careful.

It's called a SweetTart, I know it's a wussy name but here's the recipe

Equal parts

Gin
    Vodka
    Rum (white)
    Southern Comfort
    Bar Sour
    Cranberry
    Squirt
    In a tall glass. Tastes just the candy SweetTart and I guarantee after 2 or 3 you will be flying. Had 2 tonight plus some 7 & 7's....I'll be sleeping well tonight. :)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited February 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Dude. Bra. Broham. Homeslice. Cochise.

That's a BAD mix of alchy, PERIOD.

You're telling me.....no wonder I woke up with a headache. I had fun though ;) Went to see my brothers band at a local hootch. Drunken women doing shooters. I've never seen so many drunken women at one time :D
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dragon1952
    edited February 2006
    heiney9 wrote:
    Just got home from indulging. Here's a cocktail that will knock you on your **** if you are not careful.

It's called a SweetTart, I know it's a wussy name but here's the recipe

Equal parts

Gin
    Vodka
    Rum (white)
    Southern Comfort
    Bar Sour
    Cranberry
    Squirt
    In a tall glass. Tastes just the candy SweetTart and I guarantee after 2 or 3 you will be flying. Had 2 tonight plus some 7 & 7's....I'll be sleeping well tonight. :)

H9

That oughta knock you on your heiney:p
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2006
    kingkip wrote:
    Stuck in a hotel in SoCal, so drinking myself silly with Dead guy and Old Rasputin. Apparently I like beer that reminds me of death.

Ah Dead Guy. The worst beer from the best brewer in the US. Its still an awesome brew. Have you tried the other Rogue beers?
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2006
    oh my freaking head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never mix alcohols. it's a bad thing. Trust me i know.

Shhhhhhhhh, quit typing so loud. :o
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited February 2006
    Uh, I am having a couple right now.....couldn't make it to Fontana today for the Nascar Race, so I am sitting in front of the 65", flanked by some TL's, and having a really nice Familia Reserva..............................

Scott
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2006
    Anyone for PrairieFire shots? Love 'em.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2006
    I'm drinking to my Uncle Jim tonight, who passed away from cancer this morning at 58.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited March 2006
    hey Demi that sucks man. Sympathies to your and your fam.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2006
    Thanks for the kind words, Andrew. It sucks, but at the same time I am glad he didn't need to suffer for a long time with it. I feel the worst for my cousins who lost their father at that age. :(
  • heiney9
    edited March 2006
    Sorry to hear Demi......Sympathy to you and yours.

I'll be visiting the local Japanese Teppan restaurant tonight. They cook at the table, etc. Love them Mai Tai's. There will be no posting when I get home as I tend to get myself in trouble :D

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited March 2006
    Demi,

Sorry to hear about your Uncle.
    My condolences to you and your family

Mike
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited March 2006
    Demi, I was tossing back a few because I thought I had a bad day. Guess you put it all in perspective for me. Heres to your Uncle Jim and his family. Best Wishes kevin
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2006
    Sorry to hear Demi.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited March 2006
    i know i shouldn't but... Demi i'm throwin' back half the bottle for you tonight big boy. And then we'll argue politics... :D;)
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • heiney9
    edited March 2006
    aaharvel wrote:
    i know i shouldn't but... Demi i'm throwin' back half the bottle for you tonight big boy. And then we'll argue politics... :D;)

Grey Goose is my favorite Vodka....you go aaharvel. Looking forward to the politics.....just don;t post after you've been drinking....alright

H9
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2006
    Im all Heiny9'd man. Wooooohoooo.

Tried to call Mark, tried to call Russ, tried to call Troy, no one is getting blasted but me. I'd call Henry, but man, he'll throw some heavy tube design stuff on me and that will put me out for sure.

Oh, par for the course, trying Mic Ultra tonight (for the taste, I don't care about carbs - not too bad) and Beam shooters of course.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2006
    I was drinken a bit last night with a few vendors. By the time I got home I nose dived into bed and now you know the rest of the story.

Sounds like I missed a good 1!

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Polkapops
    Polkapops Posts: 267
    edited March 2006
    Pretty much a regular gig. Slam a few at the end of the eve to get 'right'.
    And if the wife permits, crank up the tunes after a successful self medication
    session.......:cool: :p;):D
    HT & Music System:
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3805
    DVD/SACD Player - Denon DVD-2900
    Outlaw 770 amp
    Polk LSi 15's up front
    Polk LSiC center
    Polk LSi F/X surrounds
    SVS 16-46 PC+ Subwoofer
    Sony Wega KDF-50WE655
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2006
    Sitting here sippin' on some Newcastles. Man I love this stuff. These could make me an alcoholic! Those Britts sure know how to make an ale! GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2006
    I drink Rogue and then piss Newcastle. Thats how 'those Britts' (me) make Newcastle.

I will be consuming in one hour. Any suggestions?
  • MacLeod
    edited March 2006
    Rogue's not a bad beer either. Its one of the one I distribute as well and is very popular with the hippies down near the university. Ive had a Jones lately for some Guiness, but havent broke down and bought any tho.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • heiney9
    edited March 2006
    Beer is for pu**ies. :p:DJ.K. Beer makes me feel bloated and full. Give me Vodka, Whiskey, Rum, Tequila, Jaeger... seperately....or all at once. Beer is great in the summer and it has to be ice fricking cold. Let's just say if I'm going to tie one on.....beer doesn't get the job done. I can always have a few at the end of the day, however!!!!

H9
  • jwienand
    jwienand Posts: 80
    edited March 2006
    Mine is filled with Yuengling right now and I haven't worked in a week. I got a new job and when I put in my 2 week my old job told me to leave. Still getting paid so the beer has been flowing freely since last Wednesday:D I don't start my new job till Monday so I'll be getting **** faced till then;)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2006
    MHL and Beam.

There is NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING more refreshing than the first couple tugs out of a cold bottle of MHL.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dragon1952
    edited March 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    There is NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING more refreshing than the first couple tugs out of a cold bottle of MHL.

Yes there is...the first couple tugs out of a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale :p

Tonite though it's Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2006
    How dare you talk down to the champagne of beers.

I've had the SN Celebration. Its so-so. I prefer their pale over the celebration.
  • MacLeod
    edited March 2006
    Beer is for drinking, liquor is for getting drunk.

When I want to catch a nice buzz, its Seagrams Lime Twisted Gin shots chased by Smirnoff Twisted Black Cherry. Ill be nice and toasty in no time.

Now if Im just sitting around listening to some music or out on the deck watching the world go buy, its Newcastle all the way.