Looking for SDA's? Updated info here!

Options
1…4243454748…58

Comments

  • audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Did they tell you I said hi???

    Congrats!!!!

    Thanks, Larry! ... and yes, he mentioned you. After he opened the door and we introduced ourselves, he asked if I knew "a Larry". I just laughed and said yeah. He went on to say that he exchanged emails with you and said: "He told me if it's Alan going over to look at them, tell him he needs to buy them".

    How could I not buy them after that endorsement?! LOL :biggrin:

    They are REALLY nice, and sounded great at his house. I can't wait to hook them up and test drive them at my place...

    On another note, he also said that he has another pair of 1C's (which aren't quite as nice) that he might be selling soon too, if anyone is interested. He said he'd probably even sell them a bit cheaper.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 18,415
    edited February 2011
    Options
    HAHAHA!!! Glad you got them and you will love them...
  • carvcom
    carvcom Posts: 240
    edited February 2011
    Options
    He listed his second set set earlier, for those that are interested, lower price as well.

    http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/2216391249.html
  • audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    edited February 2011
    Options
    carvcom wrote: »
    He listed his second set set earlier, for those that are interested, lower price as well.

    http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/2216391249.html

    Already?! Don't tempt me! :wink::biggrin:

    Any other Denver polkies looking for a set of 1C's should jump on this!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You guys are great. I can tell by your post Alan that you are really happy getting these SDA's:)
  • intangible
    intangible Posts: 262
    edited February 2011
    Options
    SDA-2s near St. Louis. Rather pricey.

    http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/2219548207.html
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,504
    edited February 2011
    Options
    SRS's in Milwaukee on Craigslist, $800, no affiliation...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • steveducie
    steveducie Posts: 192
    edited February 2011
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »
    SRS's in Milwaukee on Craigslist, $800, no affiliation...

    holy cow !!! here is the link !!! its a steal .. someone is gonna be a real happy camper . i wish i could do this road trip right now.

    1.2TL's

    http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/2218754881.html
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 18,415
    edited February 2011
    Options
    steveducie wrote: »
    holy cow !!! here is the link !!! its a steal .. someone is gonna be a real happy camper . i wish i could do this road trip right now.

    1.2TL's

    http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/2218754881.html


    Holy Cow is right!!!!! $800 IS A FREAKIN STEEL!!!!!:eek:
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Holy Cow is right!!!!! $800 IS A FREAKIN STEEL!!!!!:eek:

    And there local.
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited February 2011
    Options
    steveducie wrote: »
    holy cow !!! here is the link !!! its a steal .. someone is gonna be a real happy camper . i wish i could do this road trip right now.

    1.2TL's

    http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/2218754881.html

    sent him a few emails yesterday with no luck. I think Lee did as well :frown:
  • audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    edited February 2011
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    And there local.

    What are you waiting for? Go get 'em, Leroy!
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited February 2011
    Options
    audio_alan wrote: »
    What are you waiting for? Go get 'em, Leroy!


    If they were worth it I would but they are crappy speakers. I wouldn't pay more than $100 for those crappy speakers. :wink:

    Shhhhhhhhhhh.:smile:
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,504
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You're welcome..., BTW, shouldn't there be a finders fee for something for being the first person to post these on here?:tongue:
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited February 2011
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »
    You're welcome..., BTW, shouldn't there be a finders fee for something for being the first person to post these on here?:tongue:

    I didn't get them. I emailed the seller a couple times 15 minutes after they hit the web and no response yet.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,123
    edited February 2011
    Options
    great price
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

    Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

    Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • fishbones
    fishbones Posts: 947
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mint SRS's in Orlando area - $1000 (including mixed stereo components), no affil....

    http://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/2222443512.html
    ..... ><////(*>
  • jackelton
    jackelton Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Options
    wrote:
    corvette performance parts


    I got to get one of those from my vette
  • fishbones
    fishbones Posts: 947
    edited February 2011
    Options
    reported
    ..... ><////(*>
  • Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I wonder if they are nicer than mine...tempting

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/2230210453.html

    Combo rig:

    Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited February 2011
    Options
    more SDA 1c's in denver $325 on CL no affil

    http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/2233391127.html
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Gosh, 3 pairs of 1-c's for under 350 in about a week... denver is hot right now... if only some 1.2's would come up for about 500 I'd likely take the plunge for later.
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited February 2011
    Options
    reported,^^^^ post # 1360

    you should go for it grimmace, I hear the 1C's are some of the best SDA's
  • steveducie
    steveducie Posts: 192
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mnerobi15 wrote: »
    I'm Adventist (obviously) I have run into some personal problems and I am seeking some help from another church member who believes the same way I do. I cannot go to my current minister--I go to a small church, and he is in charge of the one I attend and one other, and has 2 very young children at home, plus is currently in school for his MS. So when I've tried to talk to him I feel very "hurried" and that I'm unable to get the answers/information that I need.

    sorry to hear about your troubles buddy . the best i can do is send a small check of about 5000.00 . hopefully this will give some small relief.
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ^I'd love to give them a shot but there is no way to justify another system in my new house at this point. Anything we have saved right now is going towards landscaping during the spring not towards a new rig.
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pair of SDA 2's w/cble in seattle...needs some cabinet TLC it seems but the price is right!


    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/2236753369.html

    no affil...as I would buy these if i had the cash:frown:
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    edited February 2011
    Options
    grimmace19 wrote: »
    ^I'd love to give them a shot but there is no way to justify another system in my new house at this point. Anything we have saved right now is going towards landscaping during the spring not towards a new rig.

    Maybe I should buy them.... then I'll have multiple sets of 1C's to mod and A/B with as well. :rolleyes: If you're passing Nick, I might go for it. LOL
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,016
    edited February 2011
    Options
    starkiller wrote: »
    Pair of SDA 2's w/cble in seattle...needs some cabinet TLC it seems but the price is right!


    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/2236753369.html

    no affil...as I would buy these if i had the cash:frown:

    Unless these are super rare in the Pacific Northwest, this price is way too high for the condition. I'd say 180 max. And that's if the drivers all work. those things are in TERRIBLE shape.
    design is where science and art break even.
  • audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    edited March 2011
    Options
    audio_alan wrote: »
    Maybe I should buy them.... then I'll have multiple sets of 1C's to mod and A/B with as well. :rolleyes: If you're passing Nick, I might go for it. LOL

    No luck. The seller said he hadn't shown them to anyone yet, and we made a verbal agreement for me to check them out tonight (because he didn't want me to come over last night). However, he just called and said someone offered him $400 and he accepted.

    I'm guessing the seller said he was holding them for someone (me), and the caller upped the ante... oh well... :cool:
  • intangible
    intangible Posts: 262
    edited March 2011
    Options