where to buy black paint?

Comments

• hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited February 2008
    I went to the local magic shoppe (old English spelling-see!) and asked for some black paint to paint my cherry 15's. Instead I came home with magic beans and a cow. There was not instruction manual however...
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited February 2008
    Gaara wrote: »
    yeah, I can't find it now but its sold online and in some specialty audio shops. It was kinda like the popcorny stuff they spray on ceilings, it had lots of chunks of stuff in it at various sizes, the walls looked textured when painted. Supposed to work quite well though according to my local dealer, just as well as 2in foam.

I've got to check this out...
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • clubvikram
    clubvikram Posts: 27
    edited April 2008
    neomagus00 wrote: »
    paint comes from a store

i heard a dealer saying perl balck, diamond black he took three other names,
    kindly tell me what id the difference and which is the best one
  • clubvikram
    clubvikram Posts: 27
    edited April 2008
    yeah shervin williams is good, i checked it out, it really looks good
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2008
    Three year old thread...
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,167
    edited April 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Three year old thread...

Yes, but I learned of a new paint supplier, Shervin Williams.

I'm calling first dibs.
    Sal Palooza
  • ben62670
    edited April 2008
    Yes, but I learned of a new paint supplier, Shervin Williams.

I'm calling first dibs.

Ha beat you to it:p
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited June 2008
    Rofl Bump
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2008
    Not again...

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2008
    As long as those pesky Lightning owners stay out, everything will be fine.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited March 2009
    Face wrote: »
    As long as those pesky Lightning owners stay out, everything will be fine.

do you have the code for lightning black? I hear its more black then black.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited May 2009
    Ttt :d
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ahardy17
    ahardy17 Posts: 84
    edited May 2009
    the members on this forum are like those of no other forum i've ever seen.....sadly, more vicious even...and i've never seen anyone with enough free time to post 17000 times before (f1nut). i guess you people have got some heart. anyway, people were a little quick to jump down this guy's throat...he could have simply meant he wasn't sure what finish he wanted...
    In-Car:
    Head Unit: Sony MEX-1GP
    Door speakers: Infinity Kappa 680.9cs
    Rear speakers: Polk db690
    Subwoofers: Memphis Audio 15-M3124
    Amps: Pioneer GM5300T, Kenwood KAC 6020, Memphis Audio MCD1.1100

In-Home:
    Harmon/Kardon AVR 230
    Harmon/Kardon DVD 101
    Yamaha RX-V995
    Bose 161
    Bose 901
    Polk FXi30
  • ben62670
    edited May 2009
    Grow a thicker skin. F1nut has welcomed, and helped more people here than you could possibly imagine.
    BTW the thread is 4 years old.
    Thanks
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited May 2009
    ahardy17 wrote: »
    the members on this forum are like those of no other forum i've ever seen.....sadly, more vicious even...and i've never seen anyone with enough free time to post 17000 times before (f1nut). i guess you people have got some heart. anyway, people were a little quick to jump down this guy's throat...he could have simply meant he wasn't sure what finish he wanted...

:rolleyes: WOW!!!! Thats all i can say.:rolleyes:

It must be the Bose speaking.

Larry.
  • ahardy17
    edited May 2009
    :rolleyes: WOW!!!! Thats all i can say.:rolleyes:

It must be the Bose speaking.

Larry.

no i'm pretty sure it's called not being a stuck-up bigot. how about the "spearker wire" thread where everyone jumped on that typo like a bunch of 12 year olds fresh off a spelling be? that a was mature...

and i wasn't complaining about you people being vicious for my sake. i've got a thick enough skin to be ridiculed by every single one of you if it means i can get my point across.

larry, you're ignorant.

ben, i think i can imagine. i'd say mr prez has weclomed and helped somewhere between 0 and 17000 people.

i'm aware the thread is 4 years old and has been dug up a handful of times. that was half the reason for my remark about this forum's membership.

all i was trying to say is that you shouldn't just assume the guy asking about black paint was that ignorant. anyone who has half a brain knows black paint could mean about 100 different things....high gloss, brush-on or spray, textured, etc....so don't assume. it makes you look dumb.

the end. am i banned yet? or just a hated ignorant newbie? report me i dare you! or you could just let everyone have their own opinions and be adults about things. considering some of you are decades older than me, it's a little ridiculous that i should have to be the one saying this.

PS i think f1nut has already helped me with an issue, so thanks.

must be the Bose speaking?? no it's common sense and an excellent polytech education speaking, but here's something for you to mull over

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/the_50_wealthiest_bostonians/
    In-Car:

In-Home:
    Harmon/Kardon AVR 230
    Harmon/Kardon DVD 101
    Yamaha RX-V995
    Bose 161
    Bose 901
    Polk FXi30
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2009
    Seven freakin' times?!?!?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2009
    like a bunch of 12 year olds fresh off a spelling be that a was mature...

Sadly enough, I came in last place at my school's spelling be... Pore, pore me.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ben62670
    edited May 2009
    Lighten up ah...;)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ahardy17
    edited May 2009
    Sadly enough, I came in last place at my school's spelling be... Pore, pore me.

omggggggg i forgot an "e" thank HEAVENS you pointed that out! now go play in traffic like a good boy.

....i'll try to lighten up ben :D ....i'm just worried as to what might happen if i came in here and starting ranting about Dual speakers or something haha
    In-Car:

In-Home:
    Harmon/Kardon AVR 230
    Harmon/Kardon DVD 101
    Yamaha RX-V995
    Bose 161
    Bose 901
    Polk FXi30
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited May 2009
    Sorry. I'm not one to normally point out typos, but I'm definitely a sucker for irony.
  • ahardy17
    edited May 2009
    i noticed haha...in my defense i do know how to spell, i just typed that in a mean hurry
    In-Car:

In-Home:
    Harmon/Kardon AVR 230
    Harmon/Kardon DVD 101
    Yamaha RX-V995
    Bose 161
    Bose 901
    Polk FXi30
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2009

you obviously havent been around forums a lot. No one is keeping you here, you're welcome not to come back.

If you ask a question like that...with no other comments on a type or something of that matter, expect to get made fun of. That is any forum, anywhere...and in real life too.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • ahardy17
    edited May 2009
    exalted512 wrote: »
    you obviously havent been around forums a lot. No one is keeping you here, you're welcome not to come back.

If you ask a question like that...with no other comments on a type or something of that matter, expect to get made fun of. That is any forum, anywhere...and in real life too.
    -Cody

oh really? i haven't? are you sure? like honestly, do you dare to assume things like that? ...moron...

i'm not going anywhere, just saying, forum fiends like the ones who jumped down the guy's throat really must get the jollies off being obnoxious. by the way, this matter was settled weeks ago, you're a little behind on your snide remarks...

k bye.
    In-Car:

In-Home:
    Harmon/Kardon AVR 230
    Harmon/Kardon DVD 101
    Yamaha RX-V995
    Bose 161
    Bose 901
    Polk FXi30
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited May 2009
    This thread was started 4 years ago. Who cares?

On a side note, I heard they're making green paint now? Can anyone confirm this? I find it hard to believe...
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2009
    I just want to know how the magic beans and cow worked out for hockeyboy:D
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • ahardy17
    edited May 2009
    This thread was started 4 years ago. Who cares?

On a side note, I heard they're making green paint now? Can anyone confirm this? I find it hard to believe...

everyone, clearly. and very much so.

i can indeed confirm that green paint exists. had some on my old house in fact.
    In-Car:

In-Home:
    Harmon/Kardon AVR 230
    Harmon/Kardon DVD 101
    Yamaha RX-V995
    Bose 161
    Bose 901
    Polk FXi30
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2009
    oh really? i haven't? are you sure? like honestly, do you dare to assume things like that? ...moron...

i'm not going anywhere, just saying, forum fiends like the ones who jumped down the guy's throat really must get the jollies off being obnoxious. by the way, this matter was settled weeks ago, you're a little behind on your snide remarks...

k bye.

Like yes, actually, I dare to assume that. Thats why I said it. My comments are hardly considered snide, more like an awakening.

90% of this thread happened months after the original poster had asked the question anyway. So who cares? He probably never saw any of it as he didn't even reply back. If you consider "paint comes from a store" a 'fiendish' remark...well...I dont think we can help you.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited May 2009
    Hey lets get back on track, we're still trying to find where to buy black paint!
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited June 2009
    on the real, i'd consider using truck bed-liner coating. that's what i did. in black. i could not be any happier.

on a side note, ahardy, I AM THE RESIDENT NON-CAPITALIZING THREAD POSTING MONGER. there is not room enough for the two of us...:mad:

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.