2000w 6x9's into CDXS2000 in 306XR - Advice?

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2005
    Hey Bliss - this will make you drool...

At the end of the month - i get to drive one :D I'm flying out to Kansas on the family holiday to stay with some friends...and they just got a brand spanking new one delivered last week :D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by Chris Postill
    Hey Bliss - this will make you drool...

At the end of the month - i get to drive one :D I'm flying out to Kansas on the family holiday to stay with some friends...and they just got a brand spanking new one delivered last week :D
    When and where? I'll be driving through KS on the 24th and the 31st. Lawrence/KC area... Unless you're going to share, quit bragging :)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited May 2005
    Galena, Kansas - near Joplin Missouri...

between 27th and 31st i think...
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited May 2005
    Galena, Kansas - near Joplin Missouri...

between 27th and 31st i think...
    Dang, I'm actually going to Joplin. I grew up next door in Carthage. You ought to "stop by"... :D
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • Systems
    edited May 2005
    Dont the vietnamese live in tunnels deep under carthage? At least thats what i was told when i went to maryan (sp??) days there a couple years ago... to celebrate my (non existant) vietnamese heritage
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited May 2005
    You know place in Joplin named Woody's?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • AustinKP
    edited May 2005
    Dont the vietnamese live in tunnels deep under carthage? At least thats what i was told when i went to maryan (sp??) days there a couple years ago... to celebrate my (non existant) vietnamese heritage
    I remember Marian(sp) days, but have heard nothing about underground tunnels. As far as I know, they all live in that complex. They do a really cool Christmas light thing in the winter though. I seem to recall a Woody's in Joplin, but I can't remember what it is. A restaurant? I'm sure my brother who still iives there knows where it is.

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • Systems
    edited May 2005
    I think they were having me on if im honest...!! They just all seemed to come from no-where - Carthage just seemed to fill up with these people!

I recall the funniest moment there - we were the only American (and me, english) people there it seemed - and when we were walking out pople stopped dead in their tracks and started chanting - totally randomly. And we were so confused - we didnt have a clue what was going on!!

Woody's is a Pizza place in Joplin - a small hut, near 7th street wal*mart. I met Preston Lacy there in 2002 :D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited May 2005
    Chris - Awesome!! I want a complete review of the Elise!!! :D I hope you know of some good twisty roads to test what all that 1.0g of skid-pad hugging power will do!! :D What color is it?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Systems
    edited May 2005
    Haha!

Well i have no clue what colour it is, or even what spec. I don't think i personally will be able to drive it on the roads, but i might be able to take it for a spin on their private property...

I'm sure i will be taken for a drive on the roads... and i will let you know what its like!!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • audiobliss
    edited May 2005
    Awesome!!

:D
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • AustinKP
    edited May 2005
    I think they were having me on if im honest...!! They just all seemed to come from no-where - Carthage just seemed to fill up with these people!

I recall the funniest moment there - we were the only American (and me, english) people there it seemed - and when we were walking out pople stopped dead in their tracks and started chanting - totally randomly. And we were so confused - we didnt have a clue what was going on!!

Woody's is a Pizza place in Joplin - a small hut, near 7th street wal*mart. I met Preston Lacy there in 2002 :D
    Those people come from all over the world for that celebration. The close off several city blocks around that place so they have somewhere to park. I have no idea about the chanting thing. I've never been to Woody's, but I do know where it is now.

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • Systems
    edited May 2005
    Ok with the Tyre situation...

went out driving in the wet today...Boy was it scary. Tyres were slipping left right and centre, all over the show! Lots of rev, not much movement... You get the point.

Decided new tyres are priority - went to get some quotes today - the CHEAPEST i could find, for the CHEAPEST tyres, fitted, was £115 - thats about $220... Arrowspeed tyres - 175\65\R14 82T sized, aparently they are made by Dunlop and Goodyear... Don't know what theyre like... Haven't heard anything good!! It's them or nothing... I'm a student ;)

Am having one put on each corner of my car tomorrow :)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • AustinKP
    edited May 2005
    . Don't know what theyre like... Haven't heard anything good!!
    Check tirerack.com and see if they have them. If they do, there'll be reviews on them.

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • Systems
    edited May 2005
    I did check - couldn't find anything...
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited May 2005
    They aren't bad!!

Haven't lost traction yet, and the ride quality is sooo much smoother!!!

Shame they only last 12k
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited June 2005
    After going shopping today round all the local stores listening to the different brands and models of 6x9's, my mate and I purchased some "Mutant NW69SPX" type speakers.

They sound very nice, even run of of a head unit, but with quite a high RMS power and 25oz magnets, they can be amped up a bit too...

Hope you guys don't shoot me down for this!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited June 2005
    We can't shoot you down. You went and listened, and chose what you thought sounded best, which is all that matters.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • audiobliss
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by spwuinmk67
    We can't shoot you down.

We can't?! I can! :D

Nah, just kiddin'. Hey man, even if they're some wierd brand name and make stupid claims like 'can run great off an HU', you heard 'em and like 'em. That's what counts.

So....congrats!

P.S. Did you ever get to go drive that Elise??
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2005
    Mutant speakers???

Never head of that one.

Bet the Mutant forum isnt as cool as this one! ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Mutant speakers???

Never head of that one.

Bet the Mutant forum isnt as cool as this one! ;)
    but i bet they wont have a picture of a damn ricer everytime you open up the forum...cussing.gif
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by exalted512
    but i bet they wont have a picture of a damn ricer everytime you open up the forum...cussing.gif
    -Cody
    hater....
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Systems
    edited June 2005
    http://www.mutant.uk.com/ Theres the website :)

It's not the company that claim they run great from a head unit, its the local store that could PROVE that from their Mutant display :)

They distort at higher volumes from my head unit but thats because they're not amped i would imagine...

I didnt get to drive the elise :( My Dad did though! he said it was very hard to drive, like a super fast go-kart...!!! He didn't want to go any faster than 120 in it ;)

Anyone got any tips for mounting 6x9's on a parcel shelf to make them sound good? (Apart from re-inforcing it so it dosent snap in two...)

Cheers

Chris
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2005
    Yeah, it may be a ricer but its the coolest one Ive ever seen. Id have no problem at all driving that around daily!

Nothing runs good off a head unit. Well, rather nothing runs as good off a head unit as it would off an amp with real, clean power.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited June 2005
    We had an Elise stop by last week for some new speakers...

http://www.polkaudio.com/car/installs/view.php?id=76

Fun car.
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by Thom

Fun car.
    ooo that's hot...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2005
  • Systems
    edited June 2005
    Yeah they look good... Like the chicks :P

However...

Got a call this morning, saying they were out of stock. I got a big Pis..err...annoyed and cancelled the order.

Ordered some JBL GTO 936e's instead... They look better and they also sounded awesome in the shop, halfords, that i went to to sample the speakers.

They have pretty much the same specs too.

Might, thats a MIGHT, order an amp and sub deal at some point. Not a good one, just one that will compliment my setup and crappy CDXS-2000 head unit nicely...

Chris
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by Thom

Fun car.

C'mon! You had a guy with enough cash to drive an Elise stop buy and you couldnt sell him some Momos?! :p

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    C'mon! You had a guy with enough cash to drive an Elise stop buy and you couldnt sell him some Momos?! :p
    i was thinking the exact same thing...
    but do Elises even come with a radio in the first place?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it