Plz Help Me!!!

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2004
    Glad you got it straightened out. Polk speakers are the **** but, as with all high quality speakers ya gotta power them properly.

I would say that 75x2 would be about right.

As far as which amp to get it depends on how much you want to spend. This MTX would be a perfect choice. MTX amps are some of the best on the planet. They make tons of clean power and are overbuilt almost to the point of absurdity. This is rated at 70x2 but as all MTX Thunder amps are seriously underrated you can expect at least 85-100 out of it which would be perfect. And at $160 its hard to beat.

If $160 is a little too much then you can step down to the Thunder202. Its rated at 50x2 but will do 75x2 and goes for $140. I would recommend the 282 myself.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • SoundSystem
    SoundSystem Posts: 11
    edited December 2004
    What about Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 amp... i have read alot of reviews on this amp and its good quality and also has some bass too it :) its 300$ but i seen that it is well worth the money... oh by the way this is Brent.. i finally registered.
  • SoundSystem
    edited December 2004
    Oh MacLeoD, i dont want a 2 channel amp.. a 4 channel amp would be great :) check this out.. heres info on the rockford fosgate punch http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCP4004
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2004
    RF amps are very good but just not my favorite. For the money you cant beat Crossfire or MTX. Both are competition level amps with great build quality and tons of clean power. I prefer Crossfire cause theyre a little more rare but MTX is just as baddass!

For a 4 channel at $300 I DEFINITELY recommend this monster over that RF. Itll put out about 100x4 and would be the most power you would want to put to those DB's.

Whats better is that you can get a single sub and run it off the rear channels of this thing bridged at over 300 watts!
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • SoundSystem
    edited December 2004
    hmm have to think about that mtx.. really powerfull.. but the question is.. is it too powerful ? lol so i have 2 choices now :) the mtx or the rockford both really good amps... its going to be a hard choice :(
  • SoundSystem
    edited December 2004
    Well guys guess what... i decieded to go BIG instead of just haveing a small 4 channel amp to power my polk speakers... im going to get a AUDIOBAHN A2300HCQ 2400 Watt Car Amp and a
    AUDIOBAHN AWT-15X AWT15X 15" 4000 WATT SUBWOOFER ... heh lets just say these are the biggest badest amp/sub for Audiobahn... i want big bass and i think this would do it.... 2400 watts!!! What do u guys think? Would this pound or what?
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2004
    im willing to bet a **** will hit just as hard, sound a lot better, and be a lot cheaper
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited December 2004
    ONLY IF YOU BUY THE 18"!!!!
    rofl

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited December 2004
    This was funny...

Then he posted something about audiobahn, and it got hilarious...

Adire Audio
    Polk
    JL AUdio :eek: (no way ;))
    TC Sounds
    ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2004
    Would that Audiobahn crap pound? Yeah, probably.

Would it sound like ****? Yup, probably.

Stay away from Audiobahn. Other than having fancy chrome flames to impress your friends that dont know dick about CA, theyre pretty much useless. You could go with all MTX gear for the same or less and not only would you blow your windows out but it would sound good too.

• Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited December 2004
    he musta talked to a CC sales associate...
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • SoundSystem
    edited December 2004
    Eh i really dont want sound quality.. i just want bass. and that will do her.
  • swerve
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by Joelsbass
    he musta talked to a CC sales associate...
    I tell people to go elsewhere... I've sold maybe 5 subs the past 3 months.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by SoundSystem
    Eh i really dont want sound quality.. i just want bass. and that will do her.

:rolleyes:

Then you and Audiobahn deserve each other.

• swerve
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    :rolleyes:

Then you and Audiobahn deserve each other.
    If you buy audiobahn... I hear the ones with the flames are the best!!!

so get those if you want a great subwoofer

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • SoundSystem
    edited December 2004
    lol i dont care about the flames.. does **** lol, i have decided off the Audiobahn sub... i have hurd rumors that audiobahn says that they have 3000RMS for a sub but lower rms other speakers can beat it for bass... so basically audiobahn subs are crap because they say that they have high RMS but that dont really mean anything.. so im going for 1 15" RE **** sub... one of the best subs in the world for SPL. www.reaudio.com cost like 500$ per sub tho... but its worth it.. and i decided off the 2400 watt Amp cuz i hurd if u have that much power u will need to replace ur alternator and have more batteries.. so im droping down to a 1800RMS audiobahn amp.... u guys happy? i anit getting a audiobahn sub! lmao but still geting a audiobahn amp.
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2004
    Well youre half right. Personally I think the Orion H2 is the baddest SPL sub out there and a lot of other people will point out the Brahma but the RE is a very good one too.

I realize this is starting to become a theme but drop the Audiobahn and go with something better. Check out this
    MTX Thunder1501D for $500. This will EASILY make 1500 RMS all day long and is actually putting out more along the lines of 1700.

The difference between this and the Audiobahn is that this amp is built like a tank, actually overbuilt beyond any use its likely to see. Plus its going to be a lot cleaner with a lot less noise. MTX amps are among the best in the world!

• swerve
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by SoundSystem
    lol i dont care about the flames.. does **** lol, i have decided off the Audiobahn sub... i have hurd rumors that audiobahn says that they have 3000RMS for a sub but lower rms other speakers can beat it for bass... so basically audiobahn subs are crap because they say that they have high RMS but that dont really mean anything.. so im going for 1 15" RE **** sub... one of the best subs in the world for SPL. www.reaudio.com cost like 500$ per sub tho... but its worth it.. and i decided off the 2400 watt Amp cuz i hurd if u have that much power u will need to replace ur alternator and have more batteries.. so im droping down to a 1800RMS audiobahn amp.... u guys happy? i anit getting a audiobahn sub! lmao but still geting a audiobahn amp.
    Hehe,

I ordered my RE **** yesterday! Oh yea and it's a 15'. It was 435 shipped to illinois, so it shouldn't be that much more being shipped to Indiana.

I guess I'm running mine with the XX Zeus from hifonics, but that MTX amp looks appealing as hell. Decisions... decisions. Just need a few paychecks & christmas money! :D:D:D

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by swerve
    I ordered my RE **** yesterday! Oh yea and it's a 15'
    Dang, they're really making them big these days! I thought the 3' sub that geolemon made the enclosure for was big... :D

i swear, my eye for typos is a curse... :)
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2004
    FINALLY! Somebody other than me! LOL :p

I dont know, I think a 15 foot sub would be pretty cool! ;)

• swerve
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by AustinKP
    i swear, my eye for typos is a curse... :)

what typo?

I did have a bad experience with RE the first time I called. The guy who answerred was a complete dick.... Then I called back 2 days later with no problems whatsoever... and ordered. If you order from RE ask for scott he was an easy guy to talk to and answerred all my dumbass questions. :D:D

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited December 2004
    you said 15'
    '=foot
    whereas "=inches
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2004
    Austin would make a good editor at a newspaper or something. Or maybe a secretary!

• swerve
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    you said 15'
    '=foot
    whereas "=inches
    -Cody
    I dont have that key on my keyboard... nor do i know how to get it to work.

where is it...

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited December 2004
    its the same button you press for '--you just have to press shift at the same time...everyone has it on their keyboard...if all else fails, you can just put ' twice...
    -Cody
  • swerve
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    its the same button you press for '--you just have to press shift at the same time...everyone has it on their keyboard...if all else fails, you can just put ' twice...
    -Cody
    ahhhh I always thought that thing meant pause... or go into standby.

thanks

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited December 2004
    ahhhh I always thought...
    that was your first problem
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited December 2004
    ahhhh I always thought that thing meant pause... or go into standby.
    wait a minute... you're a Mac user on AOL, aren't you... :suspicious: is your Caps Lock key broken? All AOL users type in ALL CAPS :D
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • swerve
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by AustinKP
    wait a minute... you're a Mac user on AOL, aren't you... :suspicious: is your Caps Lock key broken? All AOL users type in ALL CAPS :D
    NOPE I'm on PC with cable... just highly uneducated... and to think that I'm going to be someone's manager one day! hahaha.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • SoundSystem
    edited December 2004
    Sweetness swerve your going to have to tell me how u like the RE **** 15" heh.. i hurd there loud :) just the way i like it.