SDA Playlist

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    edited April 2009
    mhw58 wrote: »
    Wonder why your system is getting such great affects and mine is not? I love that Eagles cd and it sounds great on my speakers but it's not giving me great SDA.
    Hello Mike, I'm running with tubes. Could that be it? Oh, and it was a CD.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    edited April 2009
    "That Don't Make It Easy Loving Me" by Dierks Bently off of Long Trip Alone.

dierks_lta.jpg
  • analog97
    analog97 Posts: 328
    edited May 2009
    David Gilmour- Live in Gdansk- "Echoes", a 25 minute and absolutely definitive version of "Echoes". Numerous "SDA Surprises" are found in this, the best live rock song ever recorded!
  • SpeedyFE
    SpeedyFE Posts: 143
    edited May 2009
    Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet - Jigsaw Puzzle
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited July 2009
    Olive..."extra virgin CD". There is a song on this that shows the depth properties of a system.The sound seems to come from 15 ft. deep between the speakers. I can't recall the song but there's alot of songs that are composed very well! This womans' voice solidifies the sound perfectly. If you like pink floyd and enigma, you'll enjoy the heck out of this cd.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • lifelongnewb
    lifelongnewb Posts: 72
    edited July 2009
    Smashing Pumpkins - Gish
  • BB3
    BB3 Posts: 297
    edited July 2009
    The CD "NO QUARTER" by Robert Plant and Jimmy Page.

Tracks 11 through 13 = UNBELIEVABLE.
    Sony 52in.XBR6
    Sony 32in.XBR6
    Anthem AVM50V
    Anthem PRE-2L
    Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1
    Carver C-9
    Carver C-19 PreAmp
    Carver C-16 PreAmp
    2-Carver Silver 7-T's
    4-Carver TFM55's
    2-Carver TFM35's
    1-Carver TFM25
    Carver 490T
    Denon DCD1560
    Sony BDP-S350
    Sony PS3
    Nintendo Wii
    Panasonic DMK23DVR

Speakers :

PolkAudio SDA-SRS
    PolkAudio SDA-SRS 1.2TL
    PolkAudio SDA-CRS+(Compliments Of Mr. Jim Thomas"jtgranby")
    PolkAudio RTA-15TL
    PolkAudio M3
    3-Velodyne F-1500's
  • BB3
    edited August 2009
    The CD Back on the Block by Quincy Jones.
    Song : Secret Garden. The vocals from AL-B-SURE, JAMES INGRAM, EL DEBARGE, and BARRY WHITE are simply spectacular.
    Sony 52in.XBR6
    Sony 32in.XBR6
    Anthem AVM50V
    Anthem PRE-2L
    Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1
    Carver C-9
    Carver C-19 PreAmp
    Carver C-16 PreAmp
    2-Carver Silver 7-T's
    4-Carver TFM55's
    2-Carver TFM35's
    1-Carver TFM25
    Carver 490T
    Denon DCD1560
    Sony BDP-S350
    Sony PS3
    Nintendo Wii
    Panasonic DMK23DVR

Speakers :

PolkAudio SDA-SRS
    PolkAudio SDA-SRS 1.2TL
    PolkAudio RTA-15TL
    PolkAudio M3
    3-Velodyne F-1500's
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited August 2009
    Man the Eagles on dvd are the bomb on mine ! I love listening too them
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    edited September 2009
    Supertramp, Breakfast in America, very tall, depth starts at your ears and goes back 50' and the soundstage runs from my patio to my garage (family room in the middle). Of course I was playing somewhat loud...:cool:

One of the great things about SDAs is that studio albums sound live. I also played the ELP Welcome Back my Friends concert disk later. The only difference in "I'm there" quality I noticed was the crowd noise. I notice this everytime I fire them up. You get the bass, you get the kick, punch and separation of a band playing live...wonderful experience. A friend of mine came over a couple of weeks ago. He's the lead singer, guitarist, sax and haromica player for a band that's been playing clubs for the last 20 years. They are pretty darn good covering 60s & 70s tunes from the Righteous Bros to Eddie Money with Stones, Doobie Bros, Tom Petty and Chris Issack in the middle. We listened to a couple of demo CDs they made over the last dozen years. It sounded amazing. I've seen them a dozen times, but the look on his face after listening to his own stuff on my rig was very rewarding.

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • mhw58
    mhw58 Posts: 359
    edited September 2009
    Ron Temple wrote: »
    Supertramp, Breakfast in America, very tall, depth starts at your ears and goes back 50' and the soundstage runs from my patio to my garage (family room in the middle). Of course I was playing somewhat loud...:cool:

Are you referring to any song in particular on the Breakfest in America cd or the whole thing? I have the MFSL of Supertramp's Crime of the Century and it is fantastic on the SDA's.
    Mike
    Fronts: SDA1C's
    Rears: SDA2's
    Center:CS400i
    Sub: PSW505
  • Ron Temple
    edited September 2009

Are you referring to any song in particular on the Breakfest in America cd or the whole thing? I have the MFSL of Supertramp's Crime of the Century and it is fantastic on the SDA's.
    Mike
    The whole piece is excellent, but in my room, the last cut, Child of Vision is extremely tall and wide. The grand piano reflects off the ceiling and sounds several feet above the fray. Everyone's rooms and setups make for varying degrees of SDA effect. It works in mine, but I doubt that if you like Crime of the Century you won't have success with BinA...though I'm still looking for a CotC disk.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • mhw58
    mhw58 Posts: 359
    edited September 2009
    The whole piece is excellent, but in my room, the last cut, Child of Vision is extremely tall and wide. The grand piano reflects off the ceiling and sounds several feet above the fray. Everyone's rooms and setups make for varying degrees of SDA effect. It works in mine, but I doubt that if you like Crime of the Century you won't have success with BinA...though I'm still looking for a CotC disk.

Great call on Child of Vision. I dug out my Breakfest in America cd and COV did sound great. I didn't quite get the 3 d sound you got but it sounded great. Definitely get Crime of the Century on cd, they all sound great. The MFSL is the best followed by the non remastered version and last but not least the remastered version. Supertramp had great engineers and they always sound good, especially their piano's on SDA's.
    Mike
    Fronts: SDA1C's
    Rears: SDA2's
    Center:CS400i
    Sub: PSW505
  • Fongolio
    Fongolio Posts: 3,516
    edited September 2009
    I will try Breakfast in America on vinyl tonight on your recomendations gentlemen. Thanks.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
  • Ron Temple
    edited September 2009

Great call on Child of Vision. I dug out my Breakfest in America cd and COV did sound great. I didn't quite get the 3 d sound you got but it sounded great. Definitely get Crime of the Century on cd, they all sound great. The MFSL is the best followed by the non remastered version and last but not least the remastered version. Supertramp had great engineers and they always sound good, especially their piano's on SDA's.
    Mike
    I picked up CotC yesterday and I see what you mean. This is a great CD for SDA, very 3D, instruments imaged all over the room, even directly behind me. I thought the vocals were sometimes a tad shrill and others buried in the midrange, but it's a great disk...probably their highwater mark musically.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • BB3
    edited October 2009
    I picked up CotC yesterday and I see what you mean. This is a great CD for SDA, very 3D, instruments imaged all over the room, even directly behind me. I thought the vocals were sometimes a tad shrill and others buried in the midrange, but it's a great disk...probably their highwater mark musically.

I couldn't agree more Ron. The Mobile Fidelity version is off the charts. Just simply amazing.

Bill
    Sony 52in.XBR6
    Sony 32in.XBR6
    Anthem AVM50V
    Anthem PRE-2L
    Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1
    Carver C-9
    Carver C-19 PreAmp
    Carver C-16 PreAmp
    2-Carver Silver 7-T's
    4-Carver TFM55's
    2-Carver TFM35's
    1-Carver TFM25
    Carver 490T
    Denon DCD1560
    Sony BDP-S350
    Sony PS3
    Nintendo Wii
    Panasonic DMK23DVR

Speakers :

PolkAudio SDA-SRS
    PolkAudio SDA-SRS 1.2TL
    PolkAudio RTA-15TL
    PolkAudio M3
    3-Velodyne F-1500's
  • BB3
    edited October 2009
    Pink Floyd-PULSE = OUTSTANDING.
    Sony 52in.XBR6
    Sony 32in.XBR6
    Anthem AVM50V
    Anthem PRE-2L
    Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1
    Carver C-9
    Carver C-19 PreAmp
    Carver C-16 PreAmp
    2-Carver Silver 7-T's
    4-Carver TFM55's
    2-Carver TFM35's
    1-Carver TFM25
    Carver 490T
    Denon DCD1560
    Sony BDP-S350
    Sony PS3
    Nintendo Wii
    Panasonic DMK23DVR

Speakers :

PolkAudio SDA-SRS
    PolkAudio SDA-SRS 1.2TL
    PolkAudio RTA-15TL
    PolkAudio M3
    3-Velodyne F-1500's
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited October 2009
    BB3 wrote: »
    Pink Floyd-PULSE = OUTSTANDING.

+1

I'd only ever watched the Pulse DVD before, on my HT system, and never with SDA's.

I recently picked up a CD copy of Pulse and jammed it out on the 2 channel rig with my 2A's. The SDA effect is outstanding. The complete live performance of DSOTM is full of very realistic SDA effect. It really makes it feel like a live performance. Us and Them, and Any Colour You Like are standouts.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • BB3
    edited October 2009
    Ok Here Is Another One.......

Alicia Keys---Unplugged.=Another Absolutely Phenomenal Recording.

I have to add this as well...this is the 2nd.recording that I have heard from MTV Productions, the first one being Maxwell.

Both of these CD's are nothing short of outstanding.----BILL(BB3)
    Sony 52in.XBR6
    Sony 32in.XBR6
    Anthem AVM50V
    Anthem PRE-2L
    Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1
    Carver C-9
    Carver C-19 PreAmp
    Carver C-16 PreAmp
    2-Carver Silver 7-T's
    4-Carver TFM55's
    2-Carver TFM35's
    1-Carver TFM25
    Carver 490T
    Denon DCD1560
    Sony BDP-S350
    Sony PS3
    Nintendo Wii
    Panasonic DMK23DVR

Speakers :

PolkAudio SDA-SRS
    PolkAudio SDA-SRS 1.2TL
    PolkAudio RTA-15TL
    PolkAudio M3
    3-Velodyne F-1500's
  • Fongolio
    Fongolio Posts: 3,516
    edited November 2009
    Black Crowes Southern Harmony and Musical Companion 180 gram vinyl. Freakishly wide soundstage and a great re-issue.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited November 2009
    Santanas'..."She's not there"...

Amazing..:eek:....

Doobie Bros. " Taking it to the street"...
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    edited November 2009
    Santanas'..."She's not there"...

Amazing..:eek:....

Doobie Bros. " Taking it to the street"...

Got to agree with you there Tony. I've picked up a lot of vinyl recently and have recently listened to both on vinyl playing on the 1Cs. They sound fantastic! Other LPs that have really stood out to me on the SDAs are Rush "Grace Under Preaure"-fantastic, Dexter Gordon "Go", Beatles "Abbey Road" new remaster, Dire Straights "Brothers in Arms", Santana "Abbraxa", The Doors self titled LP, and Iron Maiden "Piece of Mind".
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited December 2009
    Give John Lennon's "#9 Dream" from his Walls and Bridges CD a try.

HIGHLY IMPORTANT: DO NOT play the remastered/remixed version, but the original mix/mastering of this album. The original mix (as in just about all cases) is much better.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    edited December 2009
    Also, try David Bowie's "Low". Do yourself a favor and get the Ryko 24K gold disc with the bonus tracks on it......

The whole album is great for SDA effect. Particularly the second half of the album...especially "Art Decade".
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    edited December 2009
    I didn't notice anyone post it (maybe I missed it) but I highly recommend Hendrix's "Electric Ladyland" absolutely outstanding on SDAs.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• headrott
    edited January 2010
    Try "Chariots of Fire" and "So Long Ago So Clear" by Vangelis (and Jon Anderson). The piano on the left side (in Chariots of Fire) is 20 feet in front of you and 20 feet behind you. Amazing.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• THEJERMON
    THEJERMON Posts: 96
    edited January 2010
    You know the song I enjoy listening to lately on the 1.2's is, "Don't call us, we'll call you." By Sugarloaf. The drums really sound nice. I also like the Xylophone and hearing Wolfman Jack! :)
  • THEJERMON
    THEJERMON Posts: 96
    edited January 2010
    The song, "Show you how." by Lindsey Buckingham gives a fantastic SDA effect.
  • Hypnotoad
    Hypnotoad Posts: 44
    edited February 2010
    I just put on Tangerine Dream - Force Majeure on vinyl of course, and I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time, I have listened to it many times on regular speakers but on my SDA 1C's it was unbelievable.
    ProJect Perspective II Turntable & Benz Micro Ace
    ProJect Tube Box II & Philips/Amperex tubes
    Luxman L-430 Integrated
    Polk SDA 1C's
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2010
    Hypnotoad wrote: »
    I just put on Tangerine Dream - Force Majeure on vinyl of course, and I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time, I have listened to it many times on regular speakers but on my SDA 1C's it was unbelievable.

I have Tangerine Dream on CD, this reminds me to check it out as I've not heard it in years.